Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Capitalist

Hi ya'll! My name is Steph and I am a binge eater.
Welcome to my thread smile
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Today's date is September 29, 2012. It is currently 12:35PM and I have officially decided it is time for me to bump up my weight loss up a notch, and start recording my progress and create a diary that I can look back and read. I am also hoping that perhaps my journey could inspire others, which motivates me to work out and eat healthy even more!
One of the greatest obstacles I need to over come is to no longer binge eat. My binge eating stems from my emotions, whether I am happy, sad, stressed, or excited. I reward myself with food when I do something good, I relieve myself with food when something bad happens, and I give myself food to calm me down. It has been a pacifier my entire life. Most people often do not know this about me, since I am such a petite gal. However, there are several days a week (about four on average) where I will consume around 4000 calories, and most of these calories are consumed in 10 minute sittings. When I am going on a "binge" I eat anything, including uncooked oatmeal, noodles, and random things I can get my hands on.
I recently discontinued a terrible sweet tooth I had that was killing me from the inside out. I would inhale an entire batch of cookies, cake, candy, sweet bread, anything in one day, and finish it all by myself. I would get up to bake at 2am just to cure the craving. It took me about a month long on a sweet relief program, but I finally found my relief!
Luckily I am a very active woman, who has a semi-good metabolism (that I am sure will be ending soon as I get older) so it is time for me to put my foot down and change my eating habits for my own health and so I can achieve my own goals. My biggest dream is to see a number on a scale that never changes.
I lost 40lbs back in 2006. I am in no way new to the whole "dieting" thing. I am finally ready to lose the last bit of weight so I can be completely toned. Feel free to ask any questions!

Anyways, that is just a little bit of info. Looks like I have a lot of editing to do smile

PS - please stick around and chat! 4laugh

Aged Capitalist

Body Stats and Running Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Distance (10/01/2012)
Length: 11.2 miles
Calories Burned: 940

- - - - - - - - - - -

Measurements (10/01/2012)
Weight:116.4
Tummy: 78.5cm
R Thigh:52.5cm
R Arm:27.5cm

RUNNING HISTORY SINCE MAY 16 2012
Length: 357.6 miles
Calories Burned: 33,199

*For the curious, I decided to start tracking my
mileage when I bought my first pair of real running shoes
that were actually analyzed and measured just to fit me. They are
supposed to last between 600-900 miles
so I want to destroy them! I am tracking my miles
by using Cardio Trainer from the app in the Andriod market place.
Races Complete

5k (3 miles) - 12/04/11
10K (6 miles) - 03/024/12
15k (9.3 miles) - 05/18/12
H/M (13.1miles) - 07/06/12

Aged Capitalist

Aged Capitalist

The motivation is there, just not the discipline.

Well today I am feeling pretty encouraged right now! This is how everyday usually starts. I feel peppy and excited for tonight because I always have this feeling deep down that I can stay within my calorie limit and not binge eat. Usually I always cave in.
I am KMFX tonight is going to be different though! It HAS to be. I have family pictures in a little over six weeks and I want to be six pounds lighter by then - so I can fit into the same pants I was able to fit into when we did our last family picture day! I am so ashamed that I can no longer fit into those jeans. I really let myself go sometime between last Christmas and now, and I don't want anyone to notice.

Today's meal plan:
Yogurt + Granola
Turkey Sand which + Pop Chips
100 Calorie Kettle Corn Bags
Grapes
Chicken Salad
I also have a boot camp class tonight from six to seven. I usually burn around 150-200 calories in that class. I have three more "free days" left. Still deciding whether or not I like the class or not enough to actually pay for it. I currently have gym membership (and I go to all of the morning classes) but hesitant on paying the extra $$ for boot camp!

Aged Capitalist

Almost a success.

So far so good today. I feel great and proud of myself from last night. I ate more calories than I wanted, but I was able to stay under my calories burned for the day by 300. Every little bit counts! I am hoping I can do better tonight. My biggest worry is the dinner I am cooking tonight is pizza pasta, which has a lot of carbs so A LOT of calories. If I portion control, than I wont eat too many calories. However, if I like something I always accidently eat way more of it than I was supposed to. But I am going to try extra hard and not let that happen tonight!
I ran three miles today on the treadmill. I was hoping to run fives miles, but I usually can't run longer than a little over a half an hour on the treadmill. I just get way too bored.

Food Diary:
200g Chopped Strawberries
Turkey Wrap + Pop Chips
Peach
Animal Crackers
Protein Shake
Pizza Pasta

PS - I was in the cardio cinema today when I ran my 3 miles. It was so awesome - they had the original Hulk playing! Love that movie.

Aged Capitalist

One night lost, but staying hopeful.

Who ran 5 miles? Me me me! In 10 minutes, 20 seconds. That is a 6mph run! I feel pretty good about myself, especially since I have not run over 3 miles in two weeks. Finally taking a break from long distance running has been really good for me. I am regaining energy I have lost and not so hungry. I still have not decided when I am going to get back into running, but I am sure I will eventually.

So for the bad news... I binged ate 1200 calories last night in about 10 minutes. 3 bowls of cereal, a sandwich, a taco, and chips. I don't know what got into me! I do realize I had not eaten very much, and it didn't help I ate my dinner late. I think when I am extra hungry, I over eat. (Obviously lol). Now I just have to work on remembering that. Trying to make up for that little mishap today. On top of my 5 mile run I am going to do an hour long boot camp class at the gym at six. Sort of looking forward to it!

Food Diary (that I WILL stick to tonight!)
Yogurt + Granola
Sandwhich
Grapes
Peach
Chicken Stroganoff
2 Brown Eggs + Salsa

Noob

Keep it up!
heart

Aged Capitalist

The Snarfy
Keep it up!
heart

Thank you, you too ^_^

Aged Capitalist

Disappointed.

Well, I binged ate again last night. Only went over my daily burned calories by 100, so it wasn't TOO bad, but I wasn't burning any actual calories, and there is nothing worse than gaining a bit. Stuck at 113, hoping to drop to 111 by this time next week.
So frustrated. Why do I have to like eating so much? I eat healthy throughout the day, and snack, even eat a healthy dinner, but is after dinner (usually around 8pm) I turn into a monster and eat everything in my path. The thing that kills me most is I justify that it is OK! I tell myself, "Oh, what is such and such many calories going to do" or "oh I ate like crap today I better continue eating like crap because it doesn't matter anymore".
Just need some support.
Hoping tonight is better. Today I take a day off from running but I got a pilates class in a few hours.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff