Welcome to Gaia! ::

After years of binge eating, and being rather pudgy and unhappy.. i've dropped the weight! I'm still in the process of losing the last 10lbs, but I know I can accomplish my goals.

I lost the weight mostly because I altered my living and eating habits HUGELY for 2 full months. I took a once in a life time trip across the beautiful country of Canada in my car. I drove from west to east, and in the process quit my emotional eating habits and focused my attention more on enjoying the great outdoors, getting lots of exercise, and experiencing new things. Now that i've dropped a significant amount of the weight I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin, and its improved my moods, outlook on life and impacted my relationships in a positive way.

I know for some losing weight can be a difficult challenge, and there are always obstacles to over-come, but you just need to believe in yourself and know that you have the potential to be any one you want, and be any shape.

some tips i found useful:
- you need to be honest with yourself, and aware of your eating habits.
- altering your life style takes time, be patient.. losing weight doesn't happen over night.
- embrace your body, and be accepting of it. hating yourself doesn't get you any where.
- having a partner or friend/family member to help support you is very important
- be aware of the food you're putting in your body. try to go for whole grains, low fats, leafy greens. educate yourself on nutrition. it's not only about shedding the pounds, but also becoming a healthier, happier person.
- loseit.com is a good website for keeping track of your eating habits and exercise.

Hope some of that has helped! good luck, and stay positive. 3nodding

-----------------------------
EDITED
Now with before and after photos to prove I really was, at one point, a hambeast!
No regrets, love your body at every size you've ever been. heart

year: 2007
weight: 180lbs approx

year: 2008
weight: 180lbs-190lbs

year: 2012
weight: 140lbs

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Congrats on your success story and I hope you can shed those final 10 lbs. I'm going to try to get into the outdoors a lot more this year. I bought a huge trampoline for my daughter last year that I'm going to make use of as well, even if I look silly on it.

Just wanted to say KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! heart

Interesting Nerd

Congratulations!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Urethra
After years of binge eating, and being rather pudgy and unhappy.. i've dropped the weight! I'm still in the process of losing the last 10lbs, but I know I can accomplish my goals.

I lost the weight mostly because I altered my living and eating habits HUGELY for 2 full months. I took a once in a life time trip across the beautiful country of Canada in my car. I drove from west to east, and in the process quit my emotional eating habits and focused my attention more on enjoying the great outdoors, getting lots of exercise, and experiencing new things. Now that i've dropped a significant amount of the weight I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin, and its improved my moods, outlook on life and impacted my relationships in a positive way.

I know for some losing weight can be a difficult challenge, and there are always obstacles to over-come, but you just need to believe in yourself and know that you have the potential to be any one you want, and be any shape.

some tips i found useful:
- you need to be honest with yourself, and aware of your eating habits.
- altering your life style takes time, be patient.. losing weight doesn't happen over night.
- embrace your body, and be accepting of it. hating yourself doesn't get you any where.
- having a partner or friend/family member to help support you is very important
- be aware of the food you're putting in your body. try to go for whole grains, low fats, leafy greens. educate yourself on nutrition. it's not only about shedding the pounds, but also becoming a healthier, happier person.
- loseit.com is a good website for keeping track of your eating habits and exercise.

Hope some of that has helped! good luck, and stay positive. 3nodding

Awesome job - what an amazing accomplishment. I'm so proud of you! And I'm beyond thrilled to hear about the non-scale victories you have discovered like feeling comfortable in your own skin. I know for myself, it is the non-scale rewards that mean the most.

Keep up the amazing work and sharing your success! biggrin
Sisky
I just wanted to thank you for what you have shared with everyone, I never used a website like that before. A tracker for weight loss that I intend to use as of today in hopes I can achieve my own goals. heart

Hygenic Nerd

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Nerd 50
  • First step to fame 200
Wow! Congratulations! You are a very motivated person, and I'm quite inspired. I try to get out more to generally improve my health.
Thanks everyone! C: i'll update once i've lost my last ten pounds and do a before and after image, lmao... it's been quite an adjustment.

I wish you all good luck and on your road to weight loss, and healthier living. <3 you've got my support. 4laugh
Urethra

Love the tips. Do you have any saggy skin?
this is my idea
Urethra

Love the tips. Do you have any saggy skin?
the only part of my body that I notice anything close to "saggy" is around my tummy, but ive been doing 30 situps twice a day to help tighten everything up. 3nodding
Congratulations ! I love your positive outlook towards your weight loss journey, (: It really inspires me to continue on my own journey when I know that there are other people out there who are also struggling, but conquering their own bodies (and doing it for the right reasons!) Rock on, and good luck getting those ten pounds off <3
Meeki
Congrats on your success story and I hope you can shed those final 10 lbs. I'm going to try to get into the outdoors a lot more this year. I bought a huge trampoline for my daughter last year that I'm going to make use of as well, even if I look silly on it.

Just wanted to say KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! heart

heart

Inkisitor Jester's Partner In Crime

Sparkly Fairy

10,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Megathread 100
Congrats that's so good. Last week I too, got to that final point of feeling unhappy with myself, I've been with my partner nearly 3 years and in those 3 years I've gained so much weight, last week he told me he was worried about my health and that just put me into shock mode.

For the past week it's been pretty easy because I am just so determined, I know it's going to be hard but staying postive about getting the old slim me back is worth it.

Good luck with losing the rest (:

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Congrats!
I can't wait to see my results soon smile
congratz on the progress so far smile i just joined loseit.com after reading your post here and it looks like just the tool i need to push me toward my goal razz

Blessed Raider

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Champion 300
Great job biggrin
Having to lose weight sucks, I have to for wrestling

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash