I'M AT WORK

Fashionable Gaian

12,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
FireKattana
Lenasa
I figured I'd stop by and say hi...I am not sure what more to say - So I hope a hello is ok.

Of course it is okay!
Hello!
How are you on this lovely day?
(Well, it's lovely here!)

I am alright. I am so sad how short the event was. >.<

Lonely Lover

Lenasa

I am alright. I am so sad how short the event was. >.<

It seems to be a fairly common sentiment.
It's disappointing,
But I would rather have a 2-day forum blurb
Than nothing at all ^^

Lonely Lover

The Rose Prince Anon

You say you'll have your way with me,
Well I can't say I'd complain.
Now that I'm finally home
And can fully enjoy the game.
If we've a long way to go til you're through with me,
My apologies for the delay.
I do hope you'll forgive me, though,
And return so we can play.

(I am so sorry,
I had to.)

Dapper Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
FireKattana

Sciurus frowned at her revalation. "I see... Never mind then. Polluted organs are of no use to me. Although if you drink as much as you say, you may further need my services yet." He would have to keep an eye on her.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
FireKattana
There may not be an event this year,
But there has been in the past.
I guess old habits die hard?

Congratulations on your wings, by the way,
I don't believe I have said that yet.

Thanks. Hell of a struggle, and a long one, too. I'd never have managed without my friends and minions.
Sisterbroken
That's impressive and yes sadly He-who-must-not-be-named no longer cares about the users does he? Its something of a shame, I log in everyday look around do nothing then log off. The Marketplace is over inflated the threads are growing slower and slower every day. The games never change, even the items are growing more and more repetitive.
What ever happened to when new users had to earn there gold, and grew into a loving community full of people who could talk about the most random of things and all get along as apposed to now it feels like a distant community where unless your willing to work every day to indulge your hobby's or spend every penny of your parents money on a "free" site well its saddening. We are losing our old Moderators, Artests, users... what will be left in the end?

Well, once you fire all of the artists, what's left? Recolors and then the same items on animal bases. There's no more creativity left, but who cares, right? The cash is steady. It's not about the creativity, it's not about the forum health, it's sure as hell not about the community. It's about the money.
You know, I hope that what's left is nothing. Gaia is a lost cause. I want it to be reduced to a 404 error, left to stand as a dire warning to any avatar site that would dare consider to treat its users so shamefully. That's all that Gaia could be good for, at this point.... But it won't be that, I don't think. By all appearances they're doing better than ever, because it worked. Treating us as the way they have has not only lined but stuffed their pockets, sending the message to all other sites "You can do this, too!" Not only is Gaia ruined, but investing in other avatar sites is less safe. What's to prevent them from turning into this? It's a much bigger problem than Gaia, itself.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Dr Sciurus
FireKattana

Sciurus frowned at her revalation. "I see... Never mind then. Polluted organs are of no use to me. Although if you drink as much as you say, you may further need my services yet." He would have to keep an eye on her.

Is it safe to assume that you're the Nightmare Doctor? Thanks for the anon.

Dapper Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
Matasoga

He bowed formally. Though the moniker was not of his choosing, it had quickly stuck. "Indeed, I am. Should you need medical assistance, I am happy to provide it. Should you be interested in donating, I would also be interested."

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Dr Sciurus
Matasoga

He bowed formally. Though the moniker was not of his choosing, it had quickly stuck. "Indeed, I am. Should you need medical assistance, I am happy to provide it. Should you be interested in donating, I would also be interested."

Sorry. All the organs that I'd like to donate are in the bodies of others.

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100
Matasoga
FireKattana

Thanks. Hell of a struggle, and a long one, too. I'd never have managed without my friends and minions.
Sisterbroken
That's impressive and yes sadly He-who-must-not-be-named no longer cares about the users does he? Its something of a shame, I log in everyday look around do nothing then log off. The Marketplace is over inflated the threads are growing slower and slower every day. The games never change, even the items are growing more and more repetitive.
What ever happened to when new users had to earn there gold, and grew into a loving community full of people who could talk about the most random of things and all get along as apposed to now it feels like a distant community where unless your willing to work every day to indulge your hobby's or spend every penny of your parents money on a "free" site well its saddening. We are losing our old Moderators, Artests, users... what will be left in the end?

Well, once you fire all of the artists, what's left? Recolors and then the same items on animal bases. There's no more creativity left, but who cares, right? The cash is steady. It's not about the creativity, it's not about the forum health, it's sure as hell not about the community. It's about the money.
You know, I hope that what's left is nothing. Gaia is a lost cause. I want it to be reduced to a 404 error, left to stand as a dire warning to any avatar site that would dare consider to treat its users so shamefully. That's all that Gaia could be good for, at this point.... But it won't be that, I don't think. By all appearances they're doing better than ever, because it worked. Treating us as the way they have has not only lined but stuffed their pockets, sending the message to all other sites "You can do this, too!" Not only is Gaia ruined, but investing in other avatar sites is less safe. What's to prevent them from turning into this? It's a much bigger problem than Gaia, itself.

Regrettably that view is pessimistic and incredibly true. Gaia has more or less ruined its self for its older users and has as you said shown that we are just willing to pay all the money we have into something so tedious as one use items that do not translate into real world functioning items and or money. Wall I do not want to see gaia get worse I fear that because of how it treats its staff and users it wont be getting better any time soon. I only wish they would listen to the feed back they get with a little more attention rather then "I would pay for this feature" I mean look at the site being centered so they can run more adds... most of there active users were either apposed or neutral to the idea knowing that they went ahead and did it anyway.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sisterbroken
Matasoga
FireKattana

Sisterbroken

Regrettably that view is pessimistic and incredibly true. Gaia has more or less ruined its self for its older users and has as you said shown that we are just willing to pay all the money we have into something so tedious as one use items that do not translate into real world functioning items and or money. Wall I do not want to see gaia get worse I fear that because of how it treats its staff and users it wont be getting better any time soon. I only wish they would listen to the feed back they get with a little more attention rather then "I would pay for this feature" I mean look at the site being centered so they can run more adds... most of there active users were either apposed or neutral to the idea knowing that they went ahead and did it anyway.

Yeah. It's all become very simple for me. Matasoga isn't just an avatar, but a character.... And he has all that he needs. This is no longer a living avatar site for me. I have what I want, so I'm all done.
Speaking of community, though, might I interest you in joining my guild?

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100
Matasoga
Sisterbroken
Matasoga
FireKattana

Sisterbroken

Yeah. It's all become very simple for me. Matasoga isn't just an avatar, but a character.... And he has all that he needs. This is no longer a living avatar site for me. I have what I want, so I'm all done.

I have a similar feeling to broken though she was orrigonaly one of a set for me and my friends now I look at her and just ponder as to why i come on almost everyday if the site has little to offer, the people i started with are gone and the majority of things I used to do are stagnant now.
Guild? I might be inclined to join should I know what it is about.

Dapper Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
Matasoga

"I see..." He said with a shrug. "Bodies die off eventually. I will be waiting."

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Dr Sciurus
Matasoga

"I see..." He said with a shrug. "Bodies die off eventually. I will be waiting."

((In character)) Well I am half dragon, so I do hope that you're patient and long lived. Also, if all goes according to plan, death won't be the end for me, but in that state I won't need most of my organs. I'm sure that I'll be willing to spare a few.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sisterbroken
Matasoga
Sisterbroken
Matasoga
FireKattana

Sisterbroken

I have a similar feeling to broken though she was orrigonaly one of a set for me and my friends now I look at her and just ponder as to why i come on almost everyday if the site has little to offer, the people i started with are gone and the majority of things I used to do are stagnant now.
Guild? I might be inclined to join should I know what it is about.

At this point I guess it would be about... A purpose for those of us who feel this way. Something to continue coming on for, namely each other. There's only one or two threads about how awful Gaia is, though. I guess you could call it a discussion guild, but it does have a couple of role-playing sub-forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff