Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PinkEiken
GLJordan
its a curse
My grandma died on this day, in 1996 when I was 4.

Why does this holiday have to be on this day?
I always am reminded of watching her her die painfully and slowly in that weird smelling hospital, every time I see or think about this ******** day.
It's not ******** lucky, I'm reminded over and over that the anniversary of her death is drawing near when all this st Patricks day stuff comes out. (IRL and online)
I know it has nothing to do with her death, nor do I have anything against Ireland or anything. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

I miss you and love you grandma.

PinkEiken
eek My Grandmother died on this day too in 1996. I was 9 thought. I don't hate the holiday but i can't forget it's the day my grandmother passed away. I loved her very much and miss her everyday heart

sympathies and condolences to you both. love them and mourn them but Curse please let the hate go. hate just leads to more loss. in this sad world any day anybody can celebrate is a good day.

smile Thank You heart

Thank you so much!

i want to thank everyone who said anything positive in this thread.
And if I came off as a b***h at anytime, I am truly sorry. I haven't slept in I think at least 3 days. I can't really remember a lot of things right now. Some medication I got put on for sleep, paradoxically worsened my sleeping habits.
I can't quote everyone and Gaia won't let me tip. (it's sending me to change my avatar? weird, right?)
I don't usually lash out on Gaia, but ugh this holiday. + no sleep = crazy nikki.

I'm so sorry for all of you who lost a loved one.
I know it seems weird for me to be like wahwahwah my grandma died when I was 3 or 4. But I remember her, and her dying so vividly... I took it the hardest. I think the rest of my family was in shock but i was like SO emotionally affected by her death, it's weird to think a child can remember and understand something so deep at such a young age.
Again, ranting.
ugh thanks so much for all the replies. You guys honestly made me feel so much better.
-crying again-
Much Love to you all.

Tipsy Prophet

its a curse
[

Pain shared is pain halved. Rmember that there is a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance. (Moses should have been Irish.) Remember your Grandmother, and all you have lost. Cherish them, and the pain of their passing (because pain means a lot,) but remember to sing, to dance, to enjoy the world, for we are in this vale for such a short time.

Don't forget to dance. Always dance.

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
HououMinamino
Sometimes I am warned in advance of tragedy. On 9/11, my mom was driving me to school. I began to have a panic attack and kept saying, "Something's wrong!" over and over. My mom asked me if she needed to turn the car around and take me home. I said yes.

I didn't go to school that day. I went back to bed.

My mom says that the moment I calmed down, the planes hit, and that my aunt who lives in NY saw it happen outside her apartment window.

When I heard what happened, I stared at my mom for a few seconds before immediately bawling. I cried so hard. It was as if I'd lost someone in the attacks, but I hadn't. I just felt that overwhelming sense of grief.

So, whenever I have a panic attack out of the blue, I wonder if something is going to happen now.

Whoa. Talk about psychic. I had no idea what happened that day until I got home from school. The fact that you seemed to know something bad was about to happen is amazing.

its a curse

I understand what it's like to lose someone close. On February 10, 2011, I lost my dog. He had to be put down due to old age. He was my buddy, something my dad always reminds me of. I always thought he liked me because I was the one who fed him everyday. Whenever 2/10 comes around, though, I don't dread it. If anything, I remember the good times.
Sorry for your loss. Grief is hard, and pain hurts, but time heals all wounds. It just takes longer for some people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff