Welcome to Gaia! ::

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Welcome to our Spring Fling contests! Throughout the Spring Fling event we'll be hosting an array of contests that you can join in and participate in! You'll be able to enter, have fun, hang out, and win awesome prizes!

Contest Guidelines
  • Unless otherwise stated, all contests will end on May 31, 2014
  • Unless otherwise stated, all prizes will be awarded by the first couple weeks of June.
  • If you have a question about a contest, please read through the contest and contact the contest holder
  • All awards and prizes given out are at the discretion and approval of the contest holder and/or Gaia Staff and moderators

Rules
  • Please do NOT spam. Even though this is an event thread, you are expected to follow the forum rules.
  • Please do NOT steal any images made for this thread or hosted in this thread. Give credit where credit is due please.
  • Please keep all of your posts legible (i.e. no bright colors), and make sure your posts are clean enough that the content can be found without needing to resort to detective work.
  • Please do NOT quote any of the contest posts.
  • All Gaia Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines restrictions apply. We want to give you nice things; don't give us reason to take them away.
  • This is not the place to bring up issues such as bans, warnings, or any complaint regarding Gaia with the Moderator staff.
    • To ask about a ban or warning, you can send a PM to any Moderator.
    • To contest a ban, please file a General Account Inquiry ticket in the Help Center, found by using the Contact Us link.
    • To file a complaint about a Moderator or staff member, please send an email to usertalk @ gaiaonline dot com.
    • To report a hacking, please use the Report a Hacking form.
    • To report a scamming, please use the Report a Scamming form.
    • To report abuse or harassment, please use the Report Abuse or Harassment form.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

We'd like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you Gaians for helping make Gaia so successful. Your dedication, passion, and support is absolutely mind blowing and something that can never be outdone. It is because of you that Gaia is where it is today. We hope you enjoy our event and contests, best of luck to everyone!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

I don't normally do art contests, so this is my chance to award prizes to some Gaians for awesome art!
Entering:
Send your pieces to my mule account, ZeloOmega. Title the PM, "Art Contest"

Feel free to do art of any of the following avatars:

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Judging:
It's all my personal opinion! I'll figure out which pieces I like the most and award based on that!

Requirements:
You're the artist, you're the talent, so I'm giving you complete creative freedom to do what you want with my art! Just make sure it abides by the Terms of Service. If you want me in a serious pose, make it so! If you want me in a silly pose, then I'm fine with it! Let your creative juices flow freely when creating!

Deadline:
Submit your entries by May 31, 2014! Winners will be announced on June 6th!

Prizes:
Everyone loves prizes! Here are the prizes:

First Place:
Any item, or combination of items, of your choice up to 300 million gold (use average buy price on the Marketplace) with the exception of limited quantity items and any item in the cash shop of your choice up to 1500 Gaia Cash.

Second Place:
Any item, or combination of items, of your choice up to 150 million gold (use average buy price on the Marketplace) with the exception of limited quantity items and any item in the cash shop of your choice up to 1000 Gaia Cash.

Third Place:
Any item, or combination of items, of your choice up to 50 million gold (use average buy price on the Marketplace) with the exception of limited quantity items

Winners
Your winners are!

Tie for first: neilmk / Mari Keiyou
Second: Reiakins
Third: Esheyn
Honorable Mention: Tina-chann

And the rest of the awesome entries! Here!

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Khaleesi

User Image

Ah~ Romance! Love is in the air again, my dear Gaians. It's the first annual Spring Fling, and I'm sure you all have on your most exorbitant attire. I myself, am fetching a dashing new gown given to me by my suitor, Old Man Logan! But woe is me, I've gotten all dressed up just to find Old Logan has caught a bad case of the spring sneezies. He's always falling in the lake and catching a cold. It just can't be helped I suppose, he's just incorrigible! That's why I need YOUR help, my fellow Gaians. I may even give you a token or trifle for your help. Heck, Logan seems to be offering up this old thing if you'll lend me a helping hand. Ah, here it is!
Marauder Legacy.
First place will receive their choice of Lovely Lucie or Marauder Legacy, and the runner up will receive the other heart

The Rules
All I require is your soul. OH haahaha~ Just kidding! I'm actually looking for some cute chibi art. All you'll need to do is draw my avatar dancing with yours or Old Man Logan in a chibi format.
Entries must be private messaged to me directly. All you must do is include a link to the art and label your private message [For Spring Fling Contest]
Submit your entries by June 3th 2014.
I will select winners by June 7th 2014

Please use the following avatar for my part of the chibi art. Your avatar or Logan's must be dressed formally (this isn't just ANY old fling, you know).

User Image

The Prizes

Bah, I suppose I should give out prizes. I can't expect you to do something for nothing after all.

User Image
Marauder Legacy

Logan's offering up his old jacket for assistance in helping me. Something about Lucifer, horrible death by giant sea monsters and Johnny Depp's dreamy eyes? Oh I don't know, but please, I highly suggest not taking this jacket to Earth's end, you might not like what you find...

Quote:
In the ages of old, a headstrong pirate captain on the open sea fought tooth and nail against the legendary Kraken of the deep, Lucifer's Coils, during a tumultuous storm. Through that chaotic ordeal, most of the crew were plunged like an anchor into the icy grip of Davy Jones' Locker. The few survivors recount the scene of the pirate captain bellowing at the beast with his cutlass raised as he and his ship were dragged into oblivion. Afterward, no signs of the colossal struggle remained, except for the captain's coat washing up on a remote island months later.

User Image
Lovely Lucie

I suppose I should do something for my part too~ You are doing me such a kindness, after all. The runner up will receive a lovely little lovely from me. What is this lovely, lovely you may ask? None other than the fabulous Lovely Lucie, of course! Straight out of an exorcism!... I mean, church. Yah, church emotion_c8

Quote:
Just a sprinkle of holy water and Lucie's safe to play with!

What a close contest!!! It was definitely a tough decision, and you all had absolutely amazing entries. Without further ado, here are your winners!

Master Jew & Nikko Roseus

User Image
User Image

Thanks again everyone for entering, and I hope you had as much fun as I did this spring fling ^^ emotion_bigheart Winners, I've contacted you via PM. Please get back to me soon to claim your fabulous prize.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Ah, spring is here~ This means delicious fresh foods for the season are being picked. <3

So let's create something with these fresh fruits and veggies and then share them our favorite NPCs!

The Rules
You must do the following to participate:
Create a dessert or baked good using fresh and local produce.
Draw (or print) your avatar and the NPC(s) that you would like to share with.
Take a picture or two of the avatars and food item that you created.
Upload your image
Fill out the entry form and post your entry in this thread.
ONLY ENTRIES POSTED IN THE THREAD LINKED ABOVE WILL BE CONSIDERED
Submit your entries by May 31, 2014.
Winners will be announced on June 6, 2014.

Username:
NPC:
Food:
Message to NPC:
Photo: [spoiler][img][/img][/spoiler]

The Categories
Best Dessert/Baked Good
Best Picture
Best Romantic Picture/Message
Best Humorous Picture/Message
Best Message

The Prizes
User Image
Best Dessert/Baked Good- Rapturous Union

User Image
Best Picture - Audio Starlet Pink Rei

User Image
Best Romantic Picture/Message - Assistant Librarian

User Image
Best Humorous Picture/Message - Aye Aye Bonnie

User Image
Best Message - Wizard's Grand Gala

Winners
Best Dessert/Baked Good: Alexzyuy
Best Picture: Warrior Prototype
Best Romantic Picture/Message: Babes ganda
Best Humorous Picture/Message: xXHopeAbidesXx
Best Message: lumi aubrylle

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Morbie's Marvelous Photography Contest

It doesn't matter if you're a complete amateur, someone who does it passionately as a hobby, or if you're a professional: taking photos is fun! So I thought "Hey, why not have a photography contest?"

GENIUS.

But I can never just leave things at that--this is Gaia, after all--so this photography contest comes with a twist: you have to include avatars in the shot!

How to Enter:
  1. Draw or print out an avatar to put into the photo. You can include your friends' avatars too, if you'd like!
  2. Place the avatar(s) somewhere out in the world.
  3. Take a photo.
  4. Upload the photo and post it here using this form:
    [quote="Morbid Gnome"][/quote]Hey! Look! I took a photo for the contest. :cute:
    [img][/img]

Also, be sure to check out Simply Angle's Spring Photography Contest too! We're both doing different things, so it's double the chances to win a prize for your photography.

Categories
Best Overall - This prize goes to the best photo including your avatar. Find a cool place to put yourself and snap a picture.

Best Spring-Fling Theme - This prize goes to the photo that best keeps to this event's theme: the Spring Fling!

Best (Worst) Place to Put Zelo - Zero Omega is everything that is wrong with this world. He ruins everything. If something has gone wrong, he is most certainly at fault. So, the prize in this category is awarded to the person who finds the best place to put Zelo. Zelo's avatar is here. Have fun~

Prizes
The three winners get their choice of any non-limited edition item worth up to 150 million gold.

Entries
~All the entries will be linked here~

The Fine Print
All photos must be taken by you.
You cannot photoshop the avatar into the photograph. The avatar must be in there when you actually take the shot.
Stick to the Terms of Service and keep this clean! Nothing too sexual, too gorey, or otherwise super gross.
Item prize value is to be computed using the average buy price on the Marketplace.
Judging will be done by yours truly after the contest closes on May 31, 2014. Prizes will be awarded within a few weeks of the contest closing.

Popular Informer

User Image

Hurray for spring fling!
I will be holding two contests!

User Image

- Follow the Gaia ToS as well as the Rules & Guidelines.
- Be sure to use the appropriate text/code for each contest entry.
- Only three entries per user will be allowed for the haiku contest, if you post more than three I will simply judge the first three that were posted.
- Feel free to enter as many times as you wish into the art contest.
- Feel free to stick around and chat!

User Image

Since we're celebrating spring, I'd like to see a spring themed Haiku.
(This doesn't mean that your Haiku cannot be witty or funny!)
In order to enter, simply copy paste the following text/code!
Of course, it must be a legitimate haiku!
This means that your haiku should follow the following format:
5 Syllables
7 Syllables
5 Syllables

Example of a Haiku!

Neg's contest is cool.
He seems to be a great guy.
So many prizes.

[align=center][quote="NegativeIy"][/quote]
[size=15][color=#66CCCC]This is my haiku submission![/color][/size]

[spoiler]Your Haiku goes here[/spoiler]

User Image

I really enjoy art and differentiating perspectives from different artists.
For this second contest, choose one of the following avatars to draw!

User Image User Image User Image

[align=center][quote="NegativeIy"][/quote]
[size=15][color=#CDB059]This is my Art Contest submission![/color][/size]

[spoiler]Please link your art here.[/spoiler]

User Image

Haiku Prizes
1st Place: Winner's choice of any item or combination of items* to a cap of 125 million Gaia Gold.
2nd Place: Winner's choice of any item or combination of items* to a cap of 75 million Gaia Gold.
3rd Place: Winner's choice of any item or combination of items* to a cap of 50 million Gaia Gold.

Art Contest Prizes
1st Place: Winner's choice of any item or combination of items* to a cap of 400 million Gaia Gold.
2nd Place: Winner's choice of any item or combination of items* to a cap of 225 million Gaia Gold.
3rd Place: Winner's choice of any item or combination of items* to a cap of 125 million Gaia Gold.

*Non-limited quantity items only.

User Image

All Winners will be chosen by me after the event has ended.

Haiku Winners
1st Place: Sir Froggums
2nd Place: Sweet Sentiment
3rd Place: tika260

Art Contest Winners
1st Place: Suid
2nd Place: teassue
3rd Place: casfhire

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
User Image

Raz's Springtime Dress-up

[Click here for the contest's thread. Submit the entries there.]

....Let's try for something a bit different. Draw any of these characters in outfits you'd imagine them wearing around the Spring season. Whether it be going out to the park, or hanging out in the mall, let your imagination be free.

Deadline:
    May 31st, 2014 at 11:59pm PST

Rules/Notes:
    ◄ Follow Gaia's Rules & Guidelines and Terms of Service when entering.
    ◄ The entry must be drawn by you.
    ◄ You must use one of the character bases that I have provided.
    ◄ Feel free to tektek the outfit and then draw it on the base. You may show the avatar you made when you submit the entry.
    ◄ The outfit does not have to be coloured. You may colour it, if you'd like.
    ◄ Colouring the actual character is unnecessary as the outfit is the focus, but feel free to ask for their colours, if you'd like to colour the whole image.
    ◄ You may draw any kind of outfit you can think of within reason. They likely will not be wearing winter clothes in spring. Don't draw anything explicit.
    ◄ Yes, these are my characters, but this is just for fun. You do not need to know their backstory. Ask me if you're curious, though.
    Here's some of the character profiles for those that are curious. Ask if there's information you want to know that is not yet present.
    ◄ You are free to only draw the front view. The contest will be separated based on which you do.
    ◄ You may enter more than once. If there is enough participation, I can add more prizes.
    ◄ Do not PM me the entry. It will get lost into oblivion. Submit the entry in this thread.

Entry Form
[quote="Razumi Yazura"][/quote]
[size=16][color=darkblue][b][u]SPRINGTIME DRESS-UP ENTRY[/u][/b][/color][/size]
[color=darkblue][b]Username :[/b][/color] (Put your username here.)
[color=darkblue][b]Character:[/b][/color] (Which character base did you use?)
[color=darkblue][b]Submission URL:[/b][/color] (Entry URL goes here.)

Character Bases: I might add other characters later. Credit goes to ehcs for drawing my characters for me.

Prizes 1: Front and Back view
    Best Male: 5 billion | Best Female: 5 billion
    Runner up 1: 2.5 billion
    Runner up 2: 1.25 billion

Prizes 2: Front view
    Best Male: 2.5 billion | Best Female: 2.5 billion
    Runner up 1: 1.25 billion
    Runner up 2: 500 million

Current Overall Contest Value:
    20.5 billion

Entries:
    You can view the entries here.

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
User Image

User Image

Win the item you use in your tektek!
Here are the prizes (each also comes with an extra 100 million gold item of the winner's choice, so long as the item is not a Limited Quantity item):

User Image Thank You Letter for May 2008, containing User Image Oculus Mythica or User ImageElemental Wings

User Image Thank You Letter for April 2010, containing User Image Harbinger of Pestilence or User Image Princess Kaguya

User Image Thank You Letter for May 2011, containing User Image Imperial Guardian or User Image Water Sash

User Image

1. Of course you have to follow Gaia Rules and ToS.
2. Here's the creative part: Other than the prize item, the total your Tektek is worth (according to TEKTEK) must be less than 1 million gold (1,000,000g). If Tektek says it's worth zero gold and it isn't a default item, please manually add the amount for that item (you can find another post of the same item that has a gold value in tektek or check the marketplace).
3. You may only use one pose of the prize item in your Tektek, but you may use any of its poses.
4. You must post it in this thread or I will surely miss it. Be sure to post it with the link back to your creation in tektek.org!
5. You may post up to three avatars for each item, but you may only win one item.

User Image

Winners will be PM'd so they can pick their item, worth up to 100 million gold
(any item, so long as it is not a Limited Quantity item).

WINNER of the User Image Thank You Letter for May 2008 [To Be Announced]!

WINNER of the User Image Thank You Letter for April 2010 [To Be Announced]!

WINNER of the User Image Thank You Letter for May 2011 [To Be Announced]!

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

User Image

I'd like to have a little art contest since I love love love love art! emotion_kirakira

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Submission

Please PM all entries to me, Princess Angelishia, with the title 'Art Entry' so that I can find them easily!

Criteria

Honestly I'll just be looking for the ones I like the most!!! Hint hint~ I like things that are pretty and cute!

Deadline

Please submit all entries by May 31st, 11:59pm PST! I'll make sure that you know who won and get those prizes out to you by June 2nd!

Entries

II Deaths_Mistress II
Dreamy-kins
Babes ganda
xXHopeAbidesXx
3tno
YumeNiObie
Tina-chann
Tina-chann
Cebrill
exclibur731
KoalaClaws
ALovelyArtist
serhine

Prizes

1st Place
exclibur731
User Image
SDPlus Real S56 Princess Angelishia + 200m Gold

2nd Place
Cebrill
User Image
Ivory Rose + 100m Gold

3rd Place
Tina-chann
User Image
Gabriel's Wings + 50m Gold

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
User Image

Simply Angle's Spring Photography Contest!

Hello and welcome to Simply Angle's Spring Photography Contest!

Don't you just love spring and all the changes it brings with it each year? Such the flowers blooming, the bee a buzzing, and even the change in weather such as thunderstorms? Then this is your opportunity to take part and win a prize!

How to Enter
* Your photograph must relate to Spring. (This includes weather such as thunderstorms, rainbows, etc..)
* Your photograph needs to have your username written on a piece of paper and be included in the image.
* You may only submit one photograph.
* Be sure to include a reason as to how your photograph relates to spring.
* You may either quote me in or shoot over a PM, if you do quote me please use the the following quote.

[quote="Simply Angle"]Angle, check out my entry![/quote]

If you haven't already checked out Morbie's Photography Contest I suggest you do, as both are different. : 3

The Winners

1st Place: shadow summoner ally The item of your choice up to 250,000,000g**
2nd Place: Sharissaren The item of your choice up to 150,000,000g**
3rd Place: xXHopeAbidesXx The item of your choice up to 100,000,000g**

**Non-limited quantity items only.

Entries
★ Sharissaren
★ Master Jew
★ xXHopeAbidesXx
★ shadow summoner ally

Deadline
May 31, 2014

Da Rulez
1. Gaia's Rules and Terms of Service still apply.
2. The photography must be taken by you.
3. You may use any image editing software such as Lightroom to adjust colors but PLEASE DO NOT add to the photograph.
4. Be safe and have fun!

I swear, there isn't a domo smelling the flowers hidden in the spoiler tag. ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
DSC06652
by Simply Angle, on Flickr

Mewling Lunatic

User Image

Puchiko's Perfect Prose & Poetry Contest!

Hey Gaians! I'm Puchiko, and I'm super excited to be hosting my very own contest for Spring Fling! As a lover of all things Gaia and Gaia adjacent, I've decided to hold a little writing contest featuring Gaia's very own NPCs. That's right: you pick the NPCs, you write something, you send it to me! Read below for more details...

Rules
    01 » Observe Gaia's TOS and behave appropriately! All entries must also adhere to Gaia's TOS.
    02 » Entry must be your own original work. Plagiarists will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! (Or I'll just be really, really sad, and your entry will be disqualified.)
    03 » Your entries may involve original characters, but please include someone from the Gaia canon in there!
    04 » Any Gaia NPCs can be included: shopkeepers, characters from Chance Items, characters from Evolving Items, etc. (Bonus points if it's a character from Rookie's Pursuit! >> )
    05 » Have fun!

How To Enter
    Write something! Anything! Could be short fiction, a poem, a haiku, sonnet, journal entry, a letter to a friend, blog post -- anything! It needs to include a Gaia character in some way, shape, or form. And it doesn't necessarily have to adhere to established Gaia canon if you feel like being super creative! When your entry is complete please PM it to PuchikoContest with the title Spring Fling Entry. Please also include a note about whether I have permission to publicly share your entry or not!

Judging Criteria
    I'll be judging based on creativity, mostly. I love unique and out of the box approaches, so write to impress! Bonus points for proper spelling and grammar, of course.

Deadline
    Please have your entries to me no later than May 31st, 11:59 PM PST! Winners will be announced and contacted by June 2nd, 11:59 PM PST!

Prizes
    Grand Prize»
      Golden Laurels, an item of your choosing worth up to 300 million Average Buy Price from the Market Place, and an additional 100 million gold.

Best Fiction»

Best Poem »

Winning Entries
      Thank you for being so patient, everyone, and sorry I'm announcing these winenrs a little late! Congratulations to the following winners:
      Grand Prize»
      Ysavvryl, with the following amazing (and more than slightly surreal) entry!
      WTF Cupcake

“Why is there a party going on in my house?” Gino murmured, looking around at the crowded ballroom. Women twirled around the room in flower-encrusted dresses in hopes of being the prettiest one there, men tried to be mysterious, romantic, or even gorgeous in their flower-accented ensembles, animals (?!) in flowery little outfits chatted in clusters, and a sole devil imp perched overhead on the crystal and flower chandelier to watch the event. On one hand, it was the kind of beautiful dramatic event that his father was sometimes in the mood for hosting. On the other hand, his father was dead and he'd just gotten back home. Who was responsible for this?

A slightly familiar voice rang out nearby. “Heeeey! You need flowers!” With a pounce, someone jammed a crown of orange poppies and pink pansies on his head. “There, that's better!”

Gino looked over and saw a teenaged girl who bizarrely stood out at this otherwise elegant event. She wore a green bodysuit that held tight to the curves of her body... as well as a giant hood of a daisy circling around her face that hid all but a single lock of hair dangling over her forehead. One look at the childish glee in her eyes made him recognize her. “Rina? You look, uh...” She had grown up in his absence, quite well actually.

“Great, huh?” she asked, beaming. “This is so exciting!!!! But there really should be more people dressed as flowers! I mean, this is the Spring Fling and a celebration of flowers, and we need more flower people!!! Hey, I think I can scrounge up a rose costume for you. Want to try it on, huh?”

Dress as a rose? Gino already felt like blushing (partly from that, partly from, well, her costume). “Ah, I, sorry, I'm fine.”

“Ah poo, it'd be fun,” she said. Then she leaned forward and seemed to be examining his face closely. “You seem familiar, but I can't quite place you...”

“Hey, why is there a Spring Fling going on here anyhow?” Gino asked, trying to distract her from finding out who he was (he really should get out of this party). “I thought m... this place was locked up.”

Rina stood up straight and stroked her chin petal. “Hmm, that is a mystery, isn't it? I heard talk about it and we were to meet outside of the house, but then someone must have a key because the door was unlocked so we all came in because this is like the best place to hold a dance! And someone has prepared in here, bringing in all these fabulous fresh flowers and cleaning the place up. I had so many orders for this event! And made some amazing arrangements, which I posted pics of on Dropplr, and...” he tried to interrupt, but she ignored him, “I think it might be Gino, but everybody says that he ran off to join some nudist colony a few year back because of that thing with that one Halloween. He should be pretty obvious even if he is in clothes, but I haven't seen him. But somebody brought these awesome WTF cupcakes and made the event like a thousand times better!”

“Huh, cupcakes?” Gino asked, momentarily distracted by the name. “Who'd name a cupcake that?”

“They're What the Fudge Cupcakes!” she said happily, producing one from somewhere (Where? That costume didn't look like it had pockets or a bag). It was coated liberally with a dark brown frosting, with a pale white crescent moon candy on top. “And they're sooooo good, I’ve had like five of them. I'm so jealous; I totally have to find who made them and beg them for the recipe so I can have them whenever I want. Here, try this one! There's loads of them at the dessert table.”

“Err, thanks,” he said, taking the cupcake.

“Have fun! And if you have second thoughts on being a rose, you totally ought to find me! Laters!!!!!” She then bounded off, presumably to pass out more cupcakes or pester more people.

“No, I just need to find who put together this party,” Gino said to himself. The fudge cupcake did look and smell really good, so he tugged off part of the paper wrapper and took a bite of it. It seemed to be a third frosting, a third fudge, a third cake, and an added third of sugar. No wonder Rina was bouncing off the walls. While it was far on the sweet side, he went ahead and finished it, then walked over to the food area to find some milk to wash it down with.

With a carton of milk in hand, he looked over the crowd and tried to find someone who seemed to be hosting. Or helping out, since this kind of event needed people who kept things moving smoothly. There was the band with a conductor, but they were busily providing music to dance to. There were people drifting around talking, which could either be a guest being social or a host keeping conversations lively. While there were two bartenders (one human and the other apparently a small bear), they seemed busy and anyone else keeping an eye on the buffet was hidden. Perhaps that devil imp overhead?

Then things started getting strange. At first, all Gino noticed was how vibrant the colors in everyone's outfits seemed. It was a whole range too, from pastels to darks, creams to bolds, so many pretty elegant colors being paraded around in dance. Seeing it was enchanting, like he'd never really seen color before. Then the music took on a life of its own, dribbling into his mind and passing the basketball of thought into another court. And the smells too, from the cool and soothing scent of his milk to the sensuous scent of some lady's perfume to the whole patchwork of scents billowing in the golden sunlight from the thousands of fresh flowers in the room. Gino felt like he could float away in wonderful happiness. So magnificent, so magical, so intoxicating...

“So what was in that cupcake?” he wondered, leaning back against the buffet table. Then he was falling and falling and falling backwards, never quite landing, not worried for a while until he wondered what was going to happen when he finally hit the floor.

What was in the cupcake?

“Ow,” Gino said, rubbing his head. He found himself on his feet somehow, expecting his knees to hurt from landing like this. But somehow his head hurt instead.

“I just can't understand why it isn't working,” Overseer said.

“Huh?” Gino asked, bewildered at finding himself near the grand staircase at the second floor, right next to Overseer who was watching the events below.

“Why people don't think my date is cute,” Overseer explained. “I mean, we used ribbons and ruffles, made sure that her eyes were big and sparkling. But when we walk around down there, people have screamed at seeing her.”

He looked over at who was accompanying Overseer. True, they had dressed her in lots of pastel and white ribbons, a ruffled dress, and sparkly makeup. But, well, “Maybe if she wasn't a giant squid?” Gino suggested.

Overseer's date sniffled, rubbing one of her lovingly ribboned tentacles over her huge brown eyes the size of dinner plates.

“Now that's just squid discrimination,” Overseer said. “She's a really nice girl.”

“I'm sorry,” Gino said, although he still didn't think the squid was cute. Maybe nice, maybe. “Hey, do you know who's hosting this party?”

Suddenly, a loud bellow sounded near the stairs. For some reason, there was an elk there with its majestic antlers brimming with a rainbow of flowers. The first thought that went through Gino's mind was, 'Who tranquilized him to do that and why?' His next thought was panic as Carl lowered his newly-flowered antlers and charged at them. Gino bolted from the spot. Maybe if he got to the nearest normal-sized door, Carl couldn't follow him. But then he tripped and fell for what seemed to be ages again.

When he landed this time, he was sitting in a chair in a room that didn't seem like it belonged to the Gambino mansion. There was a messy desk in front of him, and piles upon plies of paper-stuffed folders forming a makeshift fort around the desk. Stranger still, he found himself in the uniform of his high school. The girl's uniform. “What the...?” Gino said, clasping the arms of the chair.

“Cupcakes!” a young woman sitting on the other side of the desk said, slamming her fist into it and making everything shudder. Gino looked at the pink-haired woman, bewildered as she gave him a piercing annoyed gaze. After a moment of silence, she added, “I don't like them.”

“Huh, I'm starting to dislike cupcakes myself,” Gino said.

She frowned. “They're sickeningly cute most of the time, made with way too much sugar, and are either made too tiny or too enormous for one snack. Then people go overboard with the decorations so sometimes you end up with a mouthful of icing and sprinkles, bleh. I'd much rather have a cake so I could make the slice however much I want.”

“I more dislike the ones that have hallucinogens or something in them,” he said. Because that was the only explanation he could give of this sequence of events, that it was the fault of the WTF cupcake. Maybe that was why Rina was dressed so strangely.

She picked up a pen and immediately started tapping it on the desk. “That's even worse. So then, miss...”

“I'm a guy,” Gino said.

She stared at him for a moment, then shrugged. “Okay, I won't judge your tastes. Call me Minerva. What did you call the police for? Was something stolen?”

When had he called the police? But no matter; things seemed to be sane (aside from the schoolgirl uniform) and this could only help. “Well I don't know if anything was stolen. Maybe the keys to the mansion. It was supposed to be locked, but then I got back home and found a big fancy party going on. I tried to find out who'd done it, but then I was given the cupcake, and things turned weird.”

“Something might be stolen. It seems like his kind of target; we should comb the mansion and make sure everything's in place.” Minerva continued making notes. Or possibly doodles, as Gino couldn't see what she was doing because of a stack of folders on the desk. “So the fudge cupcakes make things turn weird. Huh. Hey, were there any more of those cupcakes around?”

“I think so,” Gino said, trying to remember what all was on the dessert table.

“Hmm, I’ll have to see about confiscating the cupcakes. Not for me, mind you, but there's this heartless, conniving, scheming, devilishly handsome but still a total jerk of a guy who really deserves a cupcake.”

She wanted to give some guy a cupcake that put him in a schoolgirl uniform? “Okay, I won't judge your tastes.”

“It's not like that,” she said, angrily insistent as if she'd been bothered about this individual far too often.

“GINO!” a strangely familiar voice bellowed. Then folders and papers went flying as Gino's father burst through the fortress of paperwork.

Gino stared at him for a moment. Wasn't he supposed to be dead? Then he found himself staring for an entirely different reason. Johnny was wearing a slinky sparkly red-sequin dress, fitting into it awkwardly with his broad shoulders. And instead of the dipping neckline showing a bosom, it showed a healthy portion of thick manly chest hair.

“There you are, I've been looking all over for you,” Johnny said in his indoors voice (which was pretty much anyone else's outdoors voice). “Come on, let's get back home.”

“Oh good, I was just talking to your daughter about a breaking and entering,” Minerva said, calm as if this wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

“Wait, you're not my dad!” Gino yelped, jumping out of the chair. Johnny just laughed at him, so Gino fled the office. Swarms of paper flew around him, obscuring his vision and making it difficult to run. But as long as he went away from the crazy laughter, he should be able to get out of this nightmare. Hopefully. When things seemed quiet, he was back in the Gambino mansion without remembering coming out of the police station or into here. “Phew, I need some brain bleach,” he said to himself.

“Doesn't bleach hurt the brains of mortals?” Sentinel asked, walking around in a dress rather like the one Johnny had been wearing. But she wore it a lot better due to being a female.

“It's a phrase,” he said. “Not literal bleach on my brain. But that image, gah... I need to get it out of my mind.”

She perked up. “Really? Maybe you should look at some photos I have. Here, I've got some of me and some friends on our last vacation together!” And then she shoved a picture in his face that would require a much stronger brain bleach to get out of his mind.

“W-wait, that just makes it worse!” Gino said, putting his hands up in front of his eyes. But it was already too late.

“There you are,” a calm male voice said behind him. Gino spun around, making his plaid skirt twirl. Edmund raised an eyebrow at him. “Where did you get that outfit? Oh, never mind, I won't judge you for your tastes, surprising though they are.”

“It was the cupcake!” Gino said, really embarrassed now. “And who in the world started this party anyhow? Nobody else should have the keys to the mansion, except... you?”

Edmund shook his head. “No, this wasn't my doing. I was just as surprised as you were. If you want to figure out who's hosting this party, maybe you should try your father's office. At any rate, I have something for you. Here.” He handed over a sparkly silver top hat that had a pin of a white lily on it.

“Uh, thanks, I guess,” Gino said, taking it. “What's it for?”

“Put it on and chant the activation phrase,” Edmund said.

“What phrase?” Gino asked, putting it on his head. But once he did, he found that he knew the activation phrase. “Okay, umm... Benevolent Mother Gaia, give me the grace to fight your enemies in the name of hope, justice, and love!”

Then a blur of silver and green swarmed around him, making Gino feel disoriented. He nearly felt sick too, but then it passed quickly and he found himself not in the schoolgirl uniform. Instead, he was wearing a shimmering white suit with coat tails and a white lily pin, a silver mask, some white pants, a pair of silver tap shoes, a pair of white gloves, and the silver top hat. There was also a silver cane in his right hand, topped with a lily.

“What the fudge is this?” Gino asked, looking over the gloves and cane.

“Exactly what you need to fight against Nyx,” Edmund said. “It suits you better than what you had before.”

“Right,” Gino agreed. It had pants. “But, I'm supposed to fight in this?”

He nodded. “Yes. You will be facing him in a Dance Dance Revolution Deathmatch.”

His jaw dropped. “A... dancing deathmatch?”

He nodded again. “Yes, it seems that Nyx is vain about his dancing ability. But with the magical powers hidden in this top hat and your own titan heritage, you will be an unstoppable force on the dance floor. With this party going on, you should get in some practice in dance-offs.”

“Wait, wait wait, this is just ridiculous!” Gino said, shaking his head. “I'm supposed to have a dance off to the death with a dark god? And winning that will somehow kill Nyx or just make him give up? What part of that makes any sense? What part of any of today makes sense?! It's all the fault of that crazy WTF cupcake!”

“Where's the sense in blaming a cupcake?” Edmund asked, raising an eyebrow.

Gino held his hand up and began pacing. “Just don't eat those cupcakes. I won't be, not again, never again. Now who is responsible for this party and those cupcakes?! I will punish them through fancy footwork up their rear.”

“I think you'll find the answers to both of those issues in your father's office,” Edmund said. “Very well, if you must go. I still think you should practice.”

“Fine, I'm going to find those answers first,” Gino said, storming off and making loud clacks all the way down the hallway.

His father's office, where Edmund had said he'd been killed. With his anger cooling off by the time he got over there, he paused and wondered if he could go in. Johnny was a tough person to follow up, especially in being his son. Gino had always felt at least a little nervous when his father looked over him. He never felt like he could measure up to his expectations. Now, there would never be a chance to see if he could. But it wasn't a relief to not have those observant eyes on him. Perhaps he might never measure up, unable to be anything like the wild, crazy, but warmhearted man Johnny had been.

But he should at least figure out who had taken over the mansion. Gino opened the door and found the office much like he remembered it. Everything was in place, the floor and furnishings were spotless, the trophies were polished, the rug was vacuumed to look like new... it was like stepping back through time. Behind the grand desk that Johnny would sometimes work at, the black leather chair had been spun around, to observe the scene outside where the grand party had spilled over to. The chair creaked a little as it moved, but completely hid whoever was sitting in it.

Was it his father? Gino closed the door behind him and crossed the room, the clacks of his new tap shoes making him tense. “Hello?”

The chair spun round rapidly and for a moment, it seemed that there was no one in it. But then a strange rabbit... no, a grunny with blindingly bright green fur and a tacky red tie hopped onto the desk. “Hello!!!!!” the grunny replied. “Hello, hello! It's good to see you, great to see you! Do you like the party? I made it great!”

“You're the host of Spring Fling?” Gino asked, cautious. Grunnies weren't animals to mess with; they were monsters.

“Yup, yes, most certainly!” he said in a chipper very un-grunny-like voice. “Have I seen you before? I don't think we've met? Hello, hello! I am Diedrich, the first and best President of all of Gaia! It's a pleasure to meet you! Yup, great to know you! Vote for me in the next election!”

The WTF cupcake was still making things bizarre. “I'm Gino Gambino,” he said. “And I live here. I mean, this mansion is mine. How'd you get the keys and why did you have this party here? And what's up with those fudge cupcakes? Did you make them?”

Diedrich put a paw to his chin, grinning. “Oh, lots of questions, yes, needs lots of answers! But I am the best at giving answers! I know many facts and I am happy to share them with everybody! Yes, facts!!!!! Hello Gino, good to met you at long last! I am Diedrich! I was born from your father's ashes! Yes, that is the absolute truest fact! So I got the keys because I'm family! And the keys are good, because they're shiny and jangly and let everyone into the best place to have a Spring Fling, which is right here in the famous Gambino party mansion! And did you have a cupcake? I made the best cupcakes! They are the What The Fudge Cupcakes because my cupcakes are fudgey, chocolaty, bewildering, blinding, beautiful, chocolaty, amazing, wonderful, sugary, incredible, but clean and won't swear at all cupcakes! Did you like them?”

“What, no!” Gino said. This thing... came from his father's ashes? How? Was it the result of Johnny doing some grunny experiments on himself? “That cupcake I had was delicious, but it's made this day absolutely bonkers! None of this makes any sense!”

“Oh, sounds like you're having a bad day,” Diedrich said, surprisingly sympathetic. “That's no good, nope, can't let anybody be having a bad day during my fabulous Spring Fling. But guess what? I have great news! We're brothers! Hooray! That means that I can cheer you up immensely with a display of brotherly love! This is so fantastic! I've been dying to be able to share brotherly love with somebody, and you're the only brother I can possibly have! Hooray!”

“Uh, what?” Gino said, staring as Diedrich went into a weird spinning dance.

“BROTHERLY LOVE!”

And then Gino was a Diedrich.

The End.

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!”

Best Fiction»
      too much sushi, with a fascinating alternate take on Rookie's Pursuit!
      The sapphire necklace shone brightly on her neck.

“O-Oh.”

Her mind stopped working. She thought she could actually feel the inner gears of her mind just… stop.

She felt as if she were watching this from afar. As if she was no longer in her own body, but standing outside, watching these events take place.

Turning around, still feeling strangely detached, Minerva saw August beaming at her. Rather smugly so. She wished she could just reach out and slap that awful expression from his face.

The balcony was silent, and the noises from the ball sounded muffled. The sounds of a cricket relentlessly chirping in the gardens below echoed loudly in the tense quiet. Glancing upwards, Minerva realized that the balcony doors were shut. She had not realized.

Abruptly, her mind once again entered a vicious overdrive, more urgent than before, as everything managed to fall together and fit perfectly. Despite the generous amount of things to be said, only one thing managed to escape her lips.

“You are infuriating.”

A genuine smile spreading on his face, a small crinkle next to his bright blue eyes, and the man in front of her burst into a merry laughter. Minerva could not keep her eyes of him. It was a rather delightful sound…

Sighing, Minerva bowed her head, covering it with her hands. She peeked at the man through her fingers. “How did you know it was me?”

His eyes widened, and he gave her a disbelieving look. “It wasn’t that hard,” he said, his hand reaching out to her.

Minerva’s eyes widened, and her back stiffened. Her mind suddenly shifted gears, as if whispering to her fight or flight fight or flight fight or fli-

The thought took an abrupt halt as August’s hand reached for her uniquely coloured hair. He took a single lock in his hands, twirling it around his index finger. Smiling, he whispered, “You really aren’t that hard to spot.”

Suddenly, laughter unexpectedly bubbled from her throat. “And you are a master of disguise yourself, aren’t you?”

August paused, his hand still holding her hair. “Yes, yes I am.”

Finally taking her hand off her face, Minerva looked up. There was a strange look on August’s face.

Seeing him standing there, his posture suddenly stiff, Minerva gasped. Her mouth quirked upwards at the sides, and a strange giggle finally let itself out. She absentmindedly blamed her sister for it.

“Oh, I’m sorry, my dearest Striking Thief, did I offend you?” The giggle turned into a full blown laughter, and Minerva felt like she had not laughed this hard since she had first taken this case.

August’s eyes narrowed at her, though they seemed to soften at the sight before him. Minerva, what with her head thrown back in mirth, did not notice. Then, breathing hard, Minerva finally started to recover, a few stray chuckles coming out by accident. The idea of the Striking Thief himself looking so insecure about her jabs at his talents just seemed so… absurd.

“S’alright, didn’t mean it like that, you are rather good at what you do,” she breathed, grinning.

He nodded, distractedly. Then he nodded in her direction. “Blue suits you well, you know.”

Minerva frowned. Her gown wasn’t really blue, to be specific, but rather like a pale, baby blue. Seems the man lacked a bit of specifity. She started to mutter a thank you when she stopped.

Her eyes were once again drawn to the necklace tied around her throat, sitting innocently above the line of her dress. She felt her face heating up, be it because of her embarrassment, or her anger at being such a stupid fool- she could not tell.

Minerva looked up, frowning intensely at August. A wicked grin was spreading on his face. For what felt like the hundredth time that night, Minerva resisted the urge to slap that expression off his face.

August then moved towards her, putting less distance between them each second. Looking downwards, her face turning absolutely scarlet, Minerva cursed under her breath. The man’s long legs seemed to cover more distance per step than what was fair.

When he paused, standing in front of her, Minerva only then dared to look up. Her face stared directly at his chest. For a second, she admired his waistcoat, which had buttons which looked like legitimate diamonds (but then again, of course they do, just look at who I’m speaking with) before her head tilted upwards, and their eyes finally met. Before she could stop herself, she spoke,

“B-Blue suits you as well.”

Unexpectedly, he smiled, an actual sincere, candid smile appeared on his face, and his eyes brightened.

He waved his hand around, then pointed to his eyes as if in question, then nodded, his face turning slightly pink, so slightly that Minerva would not have noticed had she not been looking. Then he cleared his throat, putting his momentary embarrassment aside, and his face was suddenly blank, as if there was nothing on there just moments ago. Minerva was taken aback.

Seeing an open shot, Minerva spoke up. “How? How did you find this? I’m quite sure this isn’t the fake one because the fake one was much lighter- oh god this thing is heavy how do people wear this?- and the place is practically swarming with guards and I don’t even understand! How did they let you in? Only people with invitations are allowed in, and I was a bit of an exception because obviously I’m here to work- and then I spent all night in this stupid poufy marshmallow thing looking for YOU, mister! And then- You don’t even need to steal anything, you’re technically retired! And then-”

Her mind suddenly stopped again, altogether for a completely different reason. August’s finger pushed against her lips, shushing her. God, she thought, after several moments of pulling a blank, this man is a menace.

His head approached hers, putting only inches between them. She could feel his warm breaths against her skin, leaving it tingling.

He spoke quietly, his voice barely heard over Minerva’s loud heartbeat.

“You are a detective after all, I’m positive you can figure it out yourself, my dearest Rookie.”

Her heart stopped. Her heart legitimately stopped and her knees buckled before she quickly caught herself and leaned on the balcony fence.

“B-but… this necklace means everything to this family-”

“Just as this case means everything to you?” He interrupted.

She ignored him, continuing, “and if you don’t return it they’re going to be devastated!” Her voice had almost turned into a screech, her breaths coming fast and shallow.

Once again, his hand moved towards her, but this time, it landed just in the part between her neck and her shoulder. His face was glowing, and his eyes looked almost peaceful.

Minerva stopped breathing.

August’s other hand reached up, pulling a lock from her face, tucking it behind her ear. He momentarily admired her earrings, an unbecoming frown gracing his features, before his eyes once again bore into hers. With the same hand, he slowly slid Minerva’s mask off her face, and once it was off, he took a deep breath.

It all felt so surreal. The man she’d been chasing for the past few months, standing in front of her, so intimately. Her knuckles gripped the fence so tightly, turning white.

She’d been staring pointedly at a spot right next to his head, but now she looked at him. His striking blue eyes sparkled, his handsome features highlighted dramatically by the moonlight.

“I will return it if you give me…” he whispered, his eyes glancing at her lips. “One kiss.”

Minerva gulped. She felt as if her knees would give up and stop supporting her any minute.

“Why are you so interested in me?” She breathed, her throat raw.

August did not move, did not back up. He grinned. “I will tell you all about that on our next meeting.”

Her eyes widened, and before she could stop herself, Minerva leaned up, towards him, and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. August looked so surprised, so shocked, for just a moment, before he abruptly leaned into her again, his forehead touching hers.

Minerva mused, he probably didn’t see that one coming, before tentatively placing her hands on his face. She tilted her head up and kissed him. This time, he kissed her back.

For moments that felt like ages, they kissed, their heads moving as one. Her hands moved in his soft hair, ruining his carefully messed up hairstyle, while both his hand ran around her neck, then settling to cup her cheeks. It felt as if a heavy weight had been lifted from her chest.

They were interrupted by the sound of a high-pitched beeper going off. Minerva quickly turned, pulling a small radio that was tucked inconspicuously between the ruffles of her dress, and clicked the button, putting it by her ear.

A muffled but urgent voice sounded through. “The Spellbound Sapphire is gone! I repeat, the necklace is gone!

Minerva’s eyes widened, dropping the radio. It clattered loudly on the stone floor. Her hands flew to her neck, to find it disappointingly empty.

She turned around, and found the necklace shining between August’s hands. He looked at her. His hair was messy, and his face red, his lips slightly swollen. He looked almost apologetic.

Minerva’s entire body seemed to have stopped working. Not a muscle in her body seemed to move.

He reached out and touched the earrings she wore.

“Perhaps, the next time, I’ll bring you a pair of earrings truly worth being worn by you, Minerva.”

He placed a kiss on her forehead, a hand caressing her hair, and she still could not move.

August moved back, towards the door, and just as she felt that he was going to open them and escape, he quickly changed direction and ran towards her. She shoved herself to the side, shocked, to see him jump off the fence. Her heart sped up, and she felt the blood flowing through her veins, Oh my goodness what has this man done what did he just do did he just fly off a stinking fence-

Pulling herself up, Minerva spun and held on to the fence, her eyes scanning the gardens for him. She found him sprinting away, towards the edge of the estate, successfully avoiding all the guards. Suddenly blinded by anger, both at him and at herself, she shouted, “You horrible, infuriating man!” She panted. “You stink!”

She vaguely heard the doors of the balcony being opened, the footsteps of guards running, clacking loudly on the stone floor. The radio by her feet blared. And she knew, she just knew, the man had a huge, smug grin on his face. Had they not been separated by such a long distance, she would have most certainly reached out and slapped it off his face.

Feeling a strange betrayal at the sight of him finally climbing the fence and running off, Minerva walked back, her occupied mind not at all registering the pressing questions of the guards around her. Her radio was still blaring.

…………………………………..

No searches on the name August Milenario had come up with any results, except for a middle-aged man who was sent to jail in the nineteen eighties for having shoplifted a thousand dollars’ worth of women’s underwear. Ruling him out on the spot, Minerva spent her next day in the office with her hands covering her face, completely ignoring the hassle of the other detectives around her.

When she’d gone to give Juno back her dress, her sister had instantly known that something had happened. Though Minerva had refused to give anything away, Juno had known by her ruffled hair and generally distressed manner that something interesting had happened.

Interesting indeed, Minerva mused, scoffing.

She’d spent the entire night wondering what his real eye colour was.

“Hey, Rookie, you got more mail!”

Minerva sighed, stretching one arm out, her palm open. The heavy package landed in her hand, pulling it down with it. Screeching rather ungracefully, Minerva fell out of her wheel chair, her paperwork flying around her. While the general consensus was to laugh at the Rookie’s misfortunes, what felt like the entire instead office glared at her. Her failure on the previous night to stop the robbery earned her more than a few hostile scowls.

Instead of letting herself get phased, Minerva directed a scowl of her own to everyone in her vicinity. One detective in front of her scoffed indignantly and went back to his work.

Deeming her chair as too much of a hazard to use at the moment, Minerva scooped up her paperwork and plopped it on her desk. She then sat on the floor, legs crossed, before looking at the package in front of her.

The brown covering was soft to the touch, unlike any other packaging she’d seen. She carefully unwrapped it, taking care not to tear it.

Her hands stopped.

Underneath the brown exterior, a small black box with a blue ribbon sat.

Her hands shaking, she untied the ribbon. Lifting the box to eye level, a small note fell to her lap. She narrowed her eyes at it, realized it was identical to the one a few days ago; all white, with the exception of a small unidentifiable black emblem.

Shaking her head, Minerva looked up to find the detective she’d previously scowled at looking at the package with interest. She frowned. “Mind your own business, will you?”

He pouted at her, and turned back to his desk.

Minerva pried open the cover of the box, steeling herself. A little velvet cloth covered the contents. She snatched it, moving it out of the way. Her breath hitched.

Inside, the Spellbound Sapphire necklace was placed, held by little hooks in the box. It looked like something one would put in a museum, behind double-layered glass and a dozen security cameras. Perhaps if they had those at the Minauderie mansion, she thought, none of this would have happened.

But she sure as hell wouldn't have wanted for last night to not have happened.

In the empty space in the middle of the necklace, a little note was written in the same tidy, flowing script.

Blue suits you very well.
      Until the next time.

Minerva stared unblinkingly at the box for at least an entire minute before she reacted. Once again, she felt detached from her own body. Her hand reached to the necklace, pulled it out of the box. She then stood up, affirming her presence in the office. The hand with the necklace moved upwards, her arm sticking it in the air, until the necklace was in sight of everyone in the office. The shouts turned into whispers, then into murmurs, before the entire office went quiet.

A cry of joy sounded from every detective.

Minerva watched as everyone in the office erupted into cheers, and pulled the necklace down again. She carefully placed it into the box, vaguely aware of the congratulations from her colleagues. Discreetly, she pulled the small note out of the box, placing it in her bag.

The Spellbound Sapphire necklace had been returned.

Best Poem»
      Hisashi Kaede, with an incredibly heartwarming poem about the Welcoming Fairy!
      Fairness so delicate unfailing light
      Ascending as gentle as weak willows
      A blossom that flourished within the night
      From within thy eyes the moon glistens so
      You are of such a delicate nature
      Making sure none are lost or will suffer
      Beauty of lady Venus you feature
      One would weep over such kindness offered
      A radiance that shines eternally
      Gentle words so sweet bidding you to stay
      You've gone, flying away tirelessly
      You are forgotten like an autumn’s day
      None are here to admire your beauty
      Nor will stay long for your accompany

Congratulations again, all of you, and thank you so much for all the AMAZING entries!

Supreme Bro

26,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
Looks like tons of fun! I'll probably enter a few of them.

#first

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces