Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is hockey your favorite sport???

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on November 4, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

My dad told me about the lockout. I almost broke into tears. I want my Canucks...
alright i read all the posts and im gonna try to address everything!

1- akilla is right dont judge all stupid people as americans, and as for akilla dont point fingers at canadians either, not saying there isnt stupid canadians/americans cause there is.. so stop pointing fingers at each other across the border and let there be peace!

2- the nhl lockout (its a lockout not a strike) is a fight in between the owners of the league and the nhlpa (national hockey league players association) they are fighting over money, the league spends more than it makes so something is wrong, they are trying to find ways so they can earn money instead of lose it.. 2 choices so far are salary cap, and get rid of some low paying teams like florida, anaheim, buffalo, phoenix (just to name a few) and move teams like pittsburgh to high paying towns like winnepeg and other canadian towns (considering theres only 6 canadian teams and its the biggest thing in canada) so until they make a desision most of the stuff is just rumors.. they havent talked to each other in a long time so nothing gets decided..

3- its not 2006, its 2008, the league is thinking about shutting down till 2008 if nothing is solved in the first year (this year) but this is just one of the many things they are talking about, nothing is official

4- canada national sport is lacrosse, just the thing is tons of canadians hate lacrosse.. and both sports were made in canada, so was basketball.. but there is like no leagues in canada for lacrosse, the national sport should be hockey but the government here is as bad as americas, except they mess up more with money, not war.. america is like the more deadly version of the canadian government, and canada is more like the weaponless side of america... yah its messed up.. both sides of the border need a change in governing.. and i cant believe bush won again.. i was rooting for nader.. just cause we all know he would never win lol..

5- the-v your wrong sorry to say, the ncaa isnt the only hockey, there is european hockey for europeans to watch, for americans there is the echl and the ahl, for canada the is about 50 different leagues for ages 16+, including the whl, ohl, qmjhl just to name a few

hope i filled everyone in lol, if i missed yah sorry about that smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces