Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, I'll keep this thread going for everyone to make their predictions on the games. This way we have a thread which is kept rolling. First three weeks were rough, for everyone, and I think one reason is the replacement ref's.
Way too many late flags and 'favors' to the home teams. More than one game was 'won' over the last couple of weeks by the home team due to no/false calls, and they usually did go against the visiting teams.
I expect this week to see more calls again, as the real refs have to take control again of the games. The players and fans are going to find out that intimidating these guys, is a whole other level than those that were fired by the lingerie football league. (Yes, that's actually who the replacement refs were. Fired from there. No real ref would take the job, because if they did, they'd kill any chance of ever getting into the NFL as a ref).
But...now off to the predictions for the week. Let me know if you agree or disagree.

Browns @ Ravens: Does anyone really need to ask? The Ravens should have little trouble with this game.

Panthers @ Falcons: Falcons go to 4-0 at the expense of Cam.

Patriots @ Bills: I am picking the Pats. The Bills have been way to sporadic to stick with. And when is the last time anyone saw the Pats lose three in a row?

Vikings @ Lions: After last week? Hard to just hand this to the Lions. I think we see an upset, and the Vikings prove they're better than we think. Vikings in a battle.

Chargers @ Chiefs: This is going to the Chiefs, because of Arrowhead. That, and it's time Norv implodes.

Seahawks @ Rams: Seahawks. The Rams just aren't up to serious ball at this time.

Niners @ Jets: Niners. They are pissed after the Vikings took them to town.

Titans @ Texans: Houston should have no problem with this game.

Raiders @ Bronco's: I know most odds makers are picking the Bronco's. I am not. I think they're forcing themselves to overlook Mannings many interceptions and bad passes, and looking at how he used to be.
Bad as Palmer is, Manning is now worse.

Dolphins @ Cards: Two weeks ago, I'd have flipped a coin. Now? The Cards are playing real football, and playing a full sixty minutes. Miami is good for maybe three quarters. Cards beat the fish.

Bengals @ Jaguars: Is anyone really serious about picking the Jags for ANY game this season? Bengals shouldn't be too worried. This should be almost pre-season in quality.

Redskins @ Buccaneers: This is tough. I pick the Skins for one reason. RGIII has proven he can score on pretty much anyone. Freeman can give it away at any moment.

Saints @ Packers: I think the Aint's are back. Packers shouldn't have too much trouble.

Giants @ Eagles: Vick continues to choke, and now he is facing a solid D that will spend nearly as much time in the backfield as his running backs. I have always felt Vick was over-rated, and he's proving it again. He just got that big, fat contract. Now he's gonna revert back to blowing it.

Bears @ Cowboys: I'm basing this on the offensive lines. I think Jay Cutler is going to spend a lot of time laying on his back looking up into Demarco Wares' eyes in this one. The Boys are better at protecting Romo.

I'm counting this as the official start of the season, due to the real refs return. So...lets see what your picks are!!

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Since Im a Falcon Fan Im with the Falcons all the way

The Aints? who cares they were always garbage they keep proving that superbowl win was a fluke every year

Mike Vick is over rated To think he was gonna be MVP is just crazy the guy gets sacked too much and throws too many interceptions The Eagles were better off with Kolb who happened to drag them last week.. but Im not big on the AFC even though I hope The Ravens win the superbowl but if The falcons make it there Im rooting for my home team
cowboys upsetting bears

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Blaze N 3D
Since Im a Falcon Fan Im with the Falcons all the way

The Aints? who cares they were always garbage they keep proving that superbowl win was a fluke every year

Mike Vick is over rated To think he was gonna be MVP is just crazy the guy gets sacked too much and throws too many interceptions The Eagles were better off with Kolb who happened to drag them last week.. but Im not big on the AFC even though I hope The Ravens win the superbowl but if The falcons make it there Im rooting for my home team

I love how people call a team garbage when 99.99% of the time the person calling the team garbage would probably get killed playing on a field against said team.

And the Saints haven't proved anything about the Super Bowl being a fluke; very few teams have performed a repeat or won multiple Super Bowls within a short span of years. After last season, it's hard to say the Saints are garbage either. The problem is that Payton isn't there. Quite honestly, I didn't think his absence would have that much of a magnitude of impact on the Saints,

I'm sorry, did I destroy your argument again?

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Okay, I'll keep this thread going for everyone to make their predictions on the games. This way we have a thread which is kept rolling. First three weeks were rough, for everyone, and I think one reason is the replacement ref's.
Way too many late flags and 'favors' to the home teams. More than one game was 'won' over the last couple of weeks by the home team due to no/false calls, and they usually did go against the visiting teams.
I expect this week to see more calls again, as the real refs have to take control again of the games. The players and fans are going to find out that intimidating these guys, is a whole other level than those that were fired by the lingerie football league. (Yes, that's actually who the replacement refs were. Fired from there. No real ref would take the job, because if they did, they'd kill any chance of ever getting into the NFL as a ref).
But...now off to the predictions for the week. Let me know if you agree or disagree.

Browns @ Ravens: Does anyone really need to ask? The Ravens should have little trouble with this game.

Patriots @ Bills: I am picking the Pats. The Bills have been way to sporadic to stick with. And when is the last time anyone saw the Pats lose three in a row?

Vikings @ Lions: After last week? Hard to just hand this to the Lions. I think we see an upset, and the Vikings prove they're better than we think. Vikings in a battle.

Chargers @ Chiefs: This is going to the Chiefs, because of Arrowhead. That, and it's time Norv implodes.

Seahawks @ Rams: Seahawks. The Rams just aren't up to serious ball at this time.

Raiders @ Bronco's: I know most odds makers are picking the Bronco's. I am not. I think they're forcing themselves to overlook Mannings many interceptions and bad passes, and looking at how he used to be.

Dolphins @ Cards: Two weeks ago, I'd have flipped a coin. Now? The Cards are playing real football, and playing a full sixty minutes. Miami is good for maybe three quarters. Cards beat the fish.

Bengals @ Jaguars: Is anyone really serious about picking the Jags for ANY game this season? Bengals shouldn't be too worried. This should be almost pre-season in quality.

Redskins @ Buccaneers: This is tough. I pick the Skins for one reason. RGIII has proven he can score on pretty much anyone. Freeman can give it away at any moment.

Saints @ Packers: I think the Aint's are back. Packers shouldn't have too much trouble.

Giants @ Eagles: Vick continues to choke, and now he is facing a solid D that will spend nearly as much time in the backfield as his running backs. I have always felt Vick was over-rated, and he's proving it again. He just got that big, fat contract. Now he's gonna revert back to blowing it.

Bears @ Cowboys: I'm basing this on the offensive lines. I think Jay Cutler is going to spend a lot of time laying on his back looking up into Demarco Wares' eyes in this one. The Boys are better at protecting Romo.

I'm counting this as the official start of the season, due to the real refs return. So...lets see what your picks are!!

I lost all respect for you when I saw that you called the greatest quarterback of all-time worse than Carson Palmer.
Zack Greinke
Old Blue Collar Joe

I lost all respect for you when I saw that you called the greatest quarterback of all-time worse than Carson Palmer.

I thought Joe Montana was retired?

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Zack Greinke
Old Blue Collar Joe

He's not the greatest of all-time.

Peyton Manning is. It doesn't matter that he won less Super Bowls; he has set more records than any quarterback in league history.

Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 11 (1999–2004, 2006–2010)
Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (1999–2004; tied with Drew Brees)[2]
Most games with 40+ pass attempts in a season: 10 (2010)[209]
Most consecutive seasons with at least 20 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)
Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)
Most games with a perfect passer rating, career: 4 (includes 1 playoff game)
Most consecutive games started to open a career: 208 [37][210]
Most consecutive games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 13 (games 1–13, 2004)
Most consecutive games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 5 (games 7–11, 2004)
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, season: 6 (2004; tied with 1984 Marino)
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, career: 24 (includes 2 playoff games; tied with Brett Favre)[213]
Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes, career: 7 (includes 1 playoff game)
Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 4 (tied with Tom Brady)
One of only seven QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes in two games (tied with Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Daryle Lamonica, Tom Brady, Charley Johnson and George Blanda)
One of only two QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions in two games (tied with Tom Brady)
Most regular games with at least 300 passing yards: 63 (tied with Dan Marino)
Most regular and postseason games with at least 300 passing yards: 71
Most games with at least 400 yards passing and no interceptions: 4
Most career touchdown passes in Thursday games: 25[216]
Most touchdown passes on a Thursday game: 6 (tied with Bob Griese)
Largest career TD-INT differential: 201
Highest career passing TDs/game average (min. 150 TD passes): 1.918 TDs/game
Second-Highest career passing yards/game average: 263.6 (Drew Brees, 263.7) * Second-Highest career completions/game average (min. 100 games played): 22.5 (Drew Brees, 23.4) note sad for the purpose of being rested for the postseason, Manning was taken out early in 7 games; the last 2 games of 2009 and 2005, and the season finale in seasons 2008, 2007, 2004, thus diminishing his averages)
Highest completion percentage by a QB in one month in NFL history (min. 75 attempts): 81.8% (December 200 cool
Most career games with a completion percentage of 70% or higher (min. 10 attempts): 66
Most consecutive regular season wins as a starter: 23 (2008–2009)
Most seasons with 10+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 11 (1999–2000, 2002–2010)
Most seasons with 12+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 8 (1999, 2003–2009)
Only QB with at least 12 wins as a starter in 7 consecutive seasons (2003–2009)
Only QB with nine straight seasons of 10+ wins as a starter (2002–2010)
Only QB to lead five consecutive 4th quarter comeback wins (games 7–11, 2009)
Most fourth quarter comeback wins in one season: 7 (2009)
First QB to defeat the other 31 teams in the regular season (Tom Brady did this later the same day, and Brett Favre did it the following week)
Most wins as a starting QB in a decade, regular season only: 115 (2000s)
Most wins as a starting QB in a decade, regular & postseason: 124 (2000s)
Most AP NFL MVP Awards: 4 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)
Most Touchdown Passes in a decade: 314 (2000–2009)
Most Passing Yards in a decade: 42,254 (2000–2009)
Most Completions in a decade: 3,575 (2000–2009)
Zack Greinke
Old Blue Collar Joe
Zack Greinke
Old Blue Collar Joe

Peyton Manning is. It doesn't matter that he won less Super Bowls; he has set more records than any quarterback in league history.

Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (1999–2004; tied with Drew Brees)[2]
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, season: 6 (2004; tied with 1984 Marino)
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, career: 24 (includes 2 playoff games; tied with Brett Favre)[213]
Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes, career: 7 (includes 1 playoff game)
Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 4 (tied with Tom Brady)
One of only seven QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes in two games (tied with Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Daryle Lamonica, Tom Brady, Charley Johnson and George Blanda)
One of only two QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions in two games (tied with Tom Brady)
Second-Highest career passing yards/game average: 263.6 (Drew Brees, 263.7) * Second-Highest career completions/game average (min. 100 games played): 22.5 (Drew Brees, 23.4) note sad for the purpose of being rested for the postseason, Manning was taken out early in 7 games; the last 2 games of 2009 and 2005, and the season finale in seasons 2008, 2007, 2004, thus diminishing his averages)
Highest completion percentage by a QB in one month in NFL history (min. 75 attempts): 81.8% (December 200 cool
Most career games with a completion percentage of 70% or higher (min. 10 attempts): 66
Most seasons with 10+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 11 (1999–2000, 2002–2010)
Most seasons with 12+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 8 (1999, 2003–2009)
First QB to defeat the other 31 teams in the regular season (Tom Brady did this later the same day, and Brett Favre did it the following week)

You realize how easy it is to pick and choose stats? Besides, what he DID doesn't mean s**t compared to what he's DOING. He's doing jack and s**t right now. Never liked him, and always thought he was over-rated.
The greatest ever debate, to be blunt, has been narrowed down to two QB's among the experts. Brady and Montana.
Because, at the end of the day, individual records mean less than the team records, and the only record that matters at that point, is Lombardi's.
Manning is one of the smartest. His only downfall is him not retiring and going into coaching.

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Zack Greinke
Old Blue Collar Joe
Zack Greinke
Old Blue Collar Joe

You realize how easy it is to pick and choose stats? Besides, what he DID doesn't mean s**t compared to what he's DOING. He's doing jack and s**t right now. Never liked him, and always thought he was over-rated.
The greatest ever debate, to be blunt, has been narrowed down to two QB's among the experts. Brady and Montana.
Because, at the end of the day, individual records mean less than the team records, and the only record that matters at that point, is Lombardi's.
Manning is one of the smartest. His only downfall is him not retiring and going into coaching.

Manning's the greatest quarterback ever, and the only reason I didn't post team records is because they were too long.

Everything Manning has accomplished in his career notes him as the greatest of all-time, except the Super Bowls; besides, the Super Bowl doesn't matter if you can win it once and still be the greatest ever.
Zack Greinke

Manning's the greatest quarterback ever, and the only reason I didn't post team records is because they were too long.

Everything Manning has accomplished in his career notes him as the greatest of all-time, except the Super Bowls; besides, the Super Bowl doesn't matter if you can win it once and still be the greatest ever.

You can go on and believe that all you want. It's highly subjective, to be blunt. Just letting you know that, while he is mentioned as among the greatest, the greatest debate is now usually between Montana and Brady. If Brady actually wins another SB, it will heat up the debate to new levels. If he wins two? It's over. He'll get the crown from the experts.

Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
You're forgetting that Denver played two very solid teams and only lost by 6 both times.

Jokeland on the other hand got their s**t slapped by Miami
I'm going to go with my Homer Sense and pick the Titans to upset the Texans.

Here on earth though, I think you've pretty much got it - except Broncos over Raiders all day long.
i'd have to agree.

Peyton Manning isn't the greatest QB of all time.

Player's stats aren't the first priority when determining a player's rank in history,

because if that was the case, Brett Farve would be in the argument.

lol

and it just sounds absolutely hysterical even thinking that.

Although I would say, in terms of ranking, Peyton Manning is Top 5 in the all-time greats.

A modern-day quarterback that's better than he is?

Tom Brady.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces