Real Madrid 0.5 50.0% [ 7 ]
Manchester United 0.5 50.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]
This poll closed on March 5, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32 33 34 > >>

Original Pumpkin

Anatomy of a Zombie

Doesn't mean they can't make it, but it does make it a little bit more difficult for themselves.
As it stands, if either of them concede a goal in the remaining leg, they'll have to go on to score 3 goals to win the game.

Man Utd themselves need to win 2 - 0 at least, and they have the quality to do that, I just think that over the last couple of games they haven't been able to keep a clean sheet, plus the next leg is away at Athletic. But with that in mind, they did manage to beat Ajax 2 - 0 when they were playing away, so it does seem possible.

City may struggle if Lisbon manage to get an away goal, and from what I seen of the game this evening Lisbon will be up for the second leg. I'll admit that they got lucky with the goal, but Lisbon had the better chances and deserved to take the lead in my opinion.

Yes!
Man U. just need to pull it together.
Because I believe they can come out with a 2-0 win.

CIty I think will come out on top.

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
OMFG Shushu
Yes!
Man U. just need to pull it together.
Because I believe they can come out with a 2-0 win.

CIty I think will come out on top.

To be honest, I'm not too keen on their keeper De gea, in the season before he joined Manchester, in the Spanish league, he was the goal keeper that conceded the most goals from shots outside of the box, he just can't seem to hold the ball half the time.
Can't really put all the blame on him for Athletic's last goal this evening, because the defender stopped running otherwise he would have easily cleared the ball to safety, I guess he just didn't see the attacker.

But I'd like to see them both go through, but I'm unsure of whether they can or not, they have the quality of players to pull it off, but teams can have more than enough shots, it's just that final quality that may let them down.

Plus off topic; did you see that Chelsea match the other day?
Torres actually won a penalty, but he refused to take it and instead Mata ended up missing it.
I think this just goes further on to show how afraid he is to blowing a chance, the only other way I could see it is that he didn't want his next goal to be from a spot kick because that would have been too easy, I think he is just making it harder on himself in the end though emotion_8c

Original Pumpkin

Anatomy of a Zombie

To be honest, I'm not too keen on their keeper De gea, in the season before he joined Manchester, in the Spanish league, he was the goal keeper that conceded the most goals from shots outside of the box, he just can't seem to hold the ball half the time.
Can't really put all the blame on him for Athletic's last goal this evening, because the defender stopped running otherwise he would have easily cleared the ball to safety, I guess he just didn't see the attacker.

But I'd like to see them both go through, but I'm unsure of whether they can or not, they have the quality of players to pull it off, but teams can have more than enough shots, it's just that final quality that may let them down.

Plus off topic; did you see that Chelsea match the other day?
Torres actually won a penalty, but he refused to take it and instead Mata ended up missing it.
I think this just goes further on to show how afraid he is to blowing a chance, the only other way I could see it is that he didn't want his next goal to be from a spot kick because that would have been too easy, I think he is just making it harder on himself in the end though emotion_8c

Gah yes!
I really really don't like that keeper >_<
I hope they replace him.

Same Im hoping they do too.
What will come down to is who wants it more.

I missed yesterdays and today's games because of work.
D:
Torres...at this point should be still believe in him?
I want him to come back to the Torres we all know and love.
But how long are we going to have to wait?
I don't want it to be after Didier or Terry is gone.
:/

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
OMFG Shushu
Gah yes!
I really really don't like that keeper >_<
I hope they replace him.

Same Im hoping they do too.
What will come down to is who wants it more.

I missed yesterdays and today's games because of work.
D:
Torres...at this point should be still believe in him?
I want him to come back to the Torres we all know and love.
But how long are we going to have to wait?
I don't want it to be after Didier or Terry is gone.
:/

First time I seen him at athletico Madrid, he had a red nose because of the cold, so when I looked at him I thought he looked like someone off The Grinch. But I don't mind him honestly, he is a young keeper, he has to learn from his mistakes, and he has been outstanding in a few matches, but he still makes simple mistakes, he can only make so many before he gets used to warming the bench.

We can only hope, but to be quite honest, I was expecting Man Utd to struggle, because I thought they were quite lucky against Ajax, I thought Ajax would have stole it at the last minute, but I was wrong. So I was expecting this match to be quite difficult, as good as Athletic Bilbao are, I was never expecting a 3 - 2 scoreline, I was thinking more of a 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 win.

I only seen it because I was at work honestly, I guess it's one of the pros to working in a bar razz
But he had a few chances during the game to make an impression, but most of his shots were well wide, I'm assuming that may have affected his decision in not taking the penalty. I can't see us waiting much longer personally, either he is going to start to play better, or with AVB gone, I think Chelsea may end up selling him to another club once another manager takes charge, either way I think he may get back on form, either at Chelsea or at another club.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anatomy of a Zombie
Lol, after that performance I can't see anyone wanting to play them, although I think Madrid might want them, since they gave them a close battle in the Spanish cup matches, they nearly won it too last time, all they needed was a late goal.
But from the first leg, it looks like Madrid are struggling against CSKA o:

Real Madrid wants to beat Barça but they have lost like 6 of the last 9 (or something like that), Real winning last year's Copa del Rey, the draw in last season's UCL and La Liga. The statistics say Barça is favorite.

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
berserk0
Real Madrid wants to beat Barça but they have lost like 6 of the last 9 (or something like that), Real winning last year's Copa del Rey, the draw in last season's UCL and La Liga. The statistics say Barça is favorite.

Yeah, plus the only time they beat Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final last season, was after extra time, in 90 minutes they have failed to win.
As much as I admire the team that Real Madrid have, I can't see them beating Barcelona, except for the league title this season, this is probably their best chance to win it.
This season I feel that Barcelona have missed David Villa since he has been out injured, as much as he is usually offside, he does score a lot of goals for them, I'm fairly sure he has about 4 weeks until he is back in training too.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anatomy of a Zombie
I've only actually seen Neymar play in two live games, and in those he didn't show the quality that he is capable of, mainly because one was against Barcelona in the World Club Championship final. The other was in a friendly for Brazil against Bosnia the other week, I've seen videos of what he can do online and that, and I've heard his name mentioned a lot, it's even been linked with a few bigger clubs, although I'm not sure if that's still true or not o:

But back to what you said about Messi, I know that everyone says he has to lift the World Cup to be considered the best player of all time. But I can't see it happening personally, Argentina do have some good players, but Messi just doesn't look the same playing for them. I think he would have had a better chance to life the World Cup if he had played for Spain when he was eligible to, but he turned that down to play for Argentina. Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed for him once 2014 rolls around, as much as I'd like to see England win another World Cup, I'd rather have Messi lift the cup emotion_c8

About Neymar I've heard something similar too (linked to Real), but nothing concrete, he scored three goals in the Santander Libertadores Cup against Internacional.

Argentina is a team with great players that don't play very well together, if you check the goals against Switzerland it was all Messi and a little of Aguero, no more.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anatomy of a Zombie
berserk0

Yeah, plus the only time they beat Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final last season, was after extra time, in 90 minutes they have failed to win.
As much as I admire the team that Real Madrid have, I can't see them beating Barcelona, except for the league title this season, this is probably their best chance to win it.
This season I feel that Barcelona have missed David Villa since he has been out injured, as much as he is usually offside, he does score a lot of goals for them, I'm fairly sure he has about 4 weeks until he is back in training too.

Is he gonna make it to the Euro? (Villa)

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
OMFG Shushu
berserk0

They both lost today

Yah still doesn't meant they can't make.

It's difficult for United that have to play as visitor the return match, and for City is a little bit easier 'cause they as local.
Except for Real and Barça I wish the Spanish teams would've played like Bilbao, in UCL.

Original Pumpkin

berserk0
OMFG Shushu
berserk0

They both lost today

Yah still doesn't meant they can't make.

It's difficult for United that have to play as visitor the return match, and for City is a little bit easier 'cause they as local.
Except for Real and Barça I wish the Spanish teams would've played like Bilbao, in UCL.

gah away always sucks.
But I think they can still do it.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anatomy of a Zombie

But he played very good against Bilbao (a lot of saves).
Anatomy of a Zombie

It was completely the defender's fault, that was lack of concentration but you have to be focus the 90 minutes (plus a few more minutes) in matches like these.

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
berserk0
About Neymar I've heard something similar too (linked to Real), but nothing concrete, he scored three goals in the Santander Libertadores Cup against Internacional.

Argentina is a team with great players that don't play very well together, if you check the goals against Switzerland it was all Messi and a little of Aguero, no more.

I'm sure last year I heard him linked with Arsenal, another one was Barcelona, but that was before they bought Alexis Sanchez, who has actually been fairly good for them this season. Oh nice, at least Neymar is still getting on the score sheet.

Yeah you're right about that, Argentina do have a lot of great players, and like you say they don't play very well together. Although I just watched the goals from that Switzerland game there, from the goals you can see that they can play well together, they just need to work on it I suppose.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anatomy of a Zombie

Yeah you're right about that, Argentina do have a lot of great players, and like you say they don't play very well together. Although I just watched the goals from that Switzerland game there, from the goals you can see that they can play well together, they just need to work on it I suppose.

They've been working on it for along time, Argentina classified to South Africa world cup in the last match and when they had to face a big opponent (Germany) they lost 4-0.

Original Pumpkin

Anatomy of a Zombie

First time I seen him at athletico Madrid, he had a red nose because of the cold, so when I looked at him I thought he looked like someone off The Grinch. But I don't mind him honestly, he is a young keeper, he has to learn from his mistakes, and he has been outstanding in a few matches, but he still makes simple mistakes, he can only make so many before he gets used to warming the bench.

We can only hope, but to be quite honest, I was expecting Man Utd to struggle, because I thought they were quite lucky against Ajax, I thought Ajax would have stole it at the last minute, but I was wrong. So I was expecting this match to be quite difficult, as good as Athletic Bilbao are, I was never expecting a 3 - 2 scoreline, I was thinking more of a 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 win.

I only seen it because I was at work honestly, I guess it's one of the pros to working in a bar razz
But he had a few chances during the game to make an impression, but most of his shots were well wide, I'm assuming that may have affected his decision in not taking the penalty. I can't see us waiting much longer personally, either he is going to start to play better, or with AVB gone, I think Chelsea may end up selling him to another club once another manager takes charge, either way I think he may get back on form, either at Chelsea or at another club.

Yes!
I hate that.
Making so many little simple mistakes so many time.
Like wtf!

I would think that way too because it's Man U.
When Man U falls apart it's like...whats going on.

Omg lucky!
I wish I worked at a bar.
xD
I really really think she should go back to Liverpool or go to Man U.

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
berserk0
But he played very good against Bilbao (a lot of saves).

He does play outstanding at times, I'll give him that and yes he did make quite a lot of good saves in the game to keep Man Utd in the game. But over the time I've been watching him in the Premier League this season, there have been more than a few times where he hasn't looked too comfortable in goal for them. But to be fair I'm positive he has helped them win more than a few games with outstanding saves.

Quote:
It was completely the defender's fault, that was lack of concentration but you have to be focus the 90 minutes (plus a few more minutes) in matches like these.

Yeah I have to agree with you there, if you watch the highlights, you see him running towards the ball, then he suddenly stops when he sees De gea getting back to his feet and heading towards the ball. By which time the attacker was already past him and just slotting it past the keeper, I thought that would have been it, but the penalty at the end gave Man Utd more hope than I was expecting them to have for the return leg o:

Quote:
Is he gonna make it to the Euro? (Villa)

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure, he should be fit enough, but with him being out most of the season, I'm not sure if they'll risk playing him in the squad just in case he can't get back to the form he was before he got injured.
Maybe if he gets a couple of games under his belt at Barcelona before the end of the season, then he may be all set for the Euros, and I hope he makes it because he is a great player and Spain would miss him.

Quote:
They've been working on it for along time, Argentina classified to South Africa world cup in the last match and when they had to face a big opponent (Germany) they lost 4-0.

Yeah that's true, the German side were quite young too and played some amazing football, they even beat England 4 - 1 in the round before they beat Argentina. But in a game of football anything can happen on any given day, it's why the cup matches are unpredictable at times. Like when France got knocked out in the group stages of the 2010 World cup, they only managed to get a single point from the 3 games and they finished bottom of their group, although they were going through a rough patch at the time with the squad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff