Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
berserk0
AlVidi
- Man City - Real Madrid

I won't miss this match, it can be the good bye for city from the competition.

To be quite fair, I fancy City for this game personally, as much as I admire Madrid for the way they play football, I think they struggled both times against Dortmund, I also think at the moment, Madrid are more concerned with the league, since they're trailing Barca by 8 points. Madrid just haven't been too consistent for me. But also saying that City have been struggling as well lately, I think City will steal it with a single goal, then the Madrid Vs Ajax final match will be a great one regardless of the result.

But right now I'm watching the Benfica - Celtic match, I'm cheering for Celtic and it looks like they're just absorbing pressure, they had 2 amazing games against Barcelona, who I would even say were lucky to win the first match with the goal in stoppage time, Celtic deserve to go through, but even a draw tonight and I can't see Benfica beating Barcelona, even if Tito does put out a couple of youngsters since they've already qualified.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anatomy of a Zombie
To be quite fair, I fancy City for this game personally, as much as I admire Madrid for the way they play football, I think they struggled both times against Dortmund, I also think at the moment, Madrid are more concerned with the league, since they're trailing Barca by 8 points. Madrid just haven't been too consistent for me. But also saying that City have been struggling as well lately, I think City will steal it with a single goal, then the Madrid Vs Ajax final match will be a great one regardless of the result.

But right now I'm watching the Benfica - Celtic match, I'm cheering for Celtic and it looks like they're just absorbing pressure, they had 2 amazing games against Barcelona, who I would even say were lucky to win the first match with the goal in stoppage time, Celtic deserve to go through, but even a draw tonight and I can't see Benfica beating Barcelona, even if Tito does put out a couple of youngsters since they've already qualified.

Don't get me wrong I would like to see a City victory but Real seems to be the favorite to win the match, even though they are behind Barça in the league I don't think they will play with substitutes instead of the regular starters.

I was watching Juventus - Chelsea and I think Chelsea has one foot outside the competition thanks to Shaktar victory in Denmark, did you watch Shaktar first goal? I'd never seen something like that before, and for a sec I thought Shaktar was going to let N***** (I can't remember the name) score, unbelievable.

Celtic lost but still have good chances to qualify to the next round, as you say I don't think Benfica can defeat Barça.

Tipsy Tactician

Glad I found a lively (?) football thread. Say, what's with all the dislikes?

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Aking Pagibig

Glad I found a lively (?) football thread. Say, what's with all the dislikes?

That was for the firestarter achievement, did you watch today's matches?

Tipsy Tactician

berserk0

Ah I see. Unfortunately, I was only able to watch Malaga v Zenit and the first half of Arsenal v Montpellier.
Well,with the results in last tuesday and wednesday,I make my opinion who will be the winner in UCL this season
Here's my prediction :

No 5 : Juventus

Even they still fight with chelsea for ticket to knockout round. I will make them one of favorit to become the champion.
They play so well and one from three teams in italy (with milan & roma) that play without "catenaccio" and they have quality in midfielder such as Marchisio,Vidal,Pogba,Giovinco and Pirlo.
They have great player in defence like Bonucci,Chiellini,Caceres and Barzagli. And don't forget with their Goalkeeper,Buffon,one of the best GK in this world

But they have weakness in striker,they just have Matri and Bendtner,they are no match with their legend like Trezeguet & Del piero.
But if they buy some striker like Llorente or maybe Falcao?? in January.
They can talk so much in UCL this season

No 4 will be reveal in next posting.
No 3 will be reveal after No 4 post
Etc

smile

Mega Winner

10,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
AlVidi
Well,with the results in last tuesday and wednesday,I make my opinion who will be the winner in UCL this season
Here's my prediction :

No 5 : Juventus

Even they still fight with chelsea for ticket to knockout round. I will make them one of favorit to become the champion.
They play so well and one from three teams in italy (with milan & roma) that play without "catenaccio" and they have quality in midfielder such as Marchisio,Vidal,Pogba,Giovinco and Pirlo.
They have great player in defence like Bonucci,Chiellini,Caceres and Barzagli. And don't forget with their Goalkeeper,Buffon,one of the best GK in this world

But they have weakness in striker,they just have Matri and Bendtner,they are no match with their legend like Trezeguet & Del piero.
But if they buy some striker like Llorente or maybe Falcao?? in January.
They can talk so much in UCL this season

No 4 will be reveal in next posting.
No 3 will be reveal after No 4 post
Etc

smile
i agree with the part about juventus's attacking weakness. juve wont win CL this year,but that can change if they buy a top class striker. atletico madrid has financial problems so i think falcao would be a great deal. cavani would be good too but napoli wont sell him.
No 4 : Arsenal

Well,with this squad right now,I think they can be a winner in UCL this season. Without City (and maybe Chelsea) Arsenal will make their way to at least Semifinal.
Arsenal known as team that play the most beautiful game in england.
They play with "New Arsenal's Way" will make the team stronger than last season (with just RvP alone), Now they have so many great players like Giroud,Walcott,Cazorla,Podolski,Vermaelen and Wilshere

But of course Arsenal have problem.
First problem in Arsenal is injured. If one of they key player injury,they can't control the game like usually and play without direction.
And Arsenal's second problem is they want win any competetion that they follow. If they focus in just one competetion,I think they can feel how beautiful being champion in their 7 last season
I have to give props to my fellow Ajacieden whom continuied to support the greatest team in the world (Ajax) acousticly home and away until the very end of the match, especially when we were down and ended up loseing! I wouldn't expect any less from the most proud football club supporters in the world. Looking foward to seeing Ajax proceed to the EL knock out stages at the expence of City. MON you JOODS! MARDRID ARE GOING DOWN ! ! ! SIEM DE JOMG FOR THE HATRICK. Thats a goal going to be scored by the foot, knee and head.
No 3 : Manchester United

MU doesn't play beautiful like Arsenal & Tottenham and they doesn't play with hoping counter attack like Stoke & Chelsea.
They just play well and simple.
They know when they must play with attacking tactic/defensive tactic.
MU have great squad,
They have top class striker like RvP and Roo (and don't forget with Chicarito & Welbeck).
Experienced and Energic midfielder like Giggs,Scholes,Cleverley and Valencia.
Greatwalls in Defender like Vidic,Evans,Ferdinand and Evra
And they have the best gaffer in this world,Sir Alex Ferguson.

But,they have weakness in GK,Lindergaard and De gea is good GK. But for Lindergaard,I think he still have weakness in long shoot and refleks.
And for De Gea,he just need experienced to become the next cassilas.

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
AlVidi

I also think Juventus and Man U are teams that can win the UCL but I don't see Arsenal with real chances to win it, they might make it to semifinals but that would be they roof.
No 2 : Real Madrid

There is just one team that have 9 trophys in Champion League.
Yup..."Los Galacticos"
One of the best team in the world right now.
They have a "super" quality in squad
Gk : Iker "Santo" Cassilas.

He's just like "Guardian Angel" for R.Madrid and he's great captain too

Def : Arbeloa,Pepe,S.Ramos,Coentrao.

Arbeloa and Coentrao are great full back that can join attack. Ramos are good to marking "Poacher" and Pepe good to marking "Target Man"

Mid : Di maria,Xabi,Modric,Oezil,"CR 7"

Xabi is one of the best "Deep Lying Playmaker", Modric is one of the best "Box to Box Midfielder", Di maria is have one of the best "Crossing", Oezil is one of the best "Trequiesta" and "Inside Forward" and C.Ronaldo is one of the best "Player in the world"

Att : Benzema

He's have great finishing and dribbling too ,and don't forget his Positioning abilty

Coach : Jose "The Only One" Mourinho

Best Motivator,Best coach that can play Mind Games before match and Six Letters : G E N I U S

Wow...
There is no gap if we see the squad.

But if we talk about tactic,they have weakness.
They still play too much attacking (expect they play with Barca).
They still play uncomfortable if they play without Ronaldo,Xabi or Oezil.
Their full back still late to back in their post so they weak with counter attack
And they didn't have "good" 2nd GK (Sorry Adan)

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
AlVidi

Arbeloa and Coentrao are great full back that can join attack. Ramos are good to marking "Poacher" and Pepe good to marking "Target Man"

I disagree with you here, for me Arbeloa and Coentrão are the weakest links in the whole team, Marcelo is a lot better than Coentrão.
berserk0
AlVidi

I disagree with you here, for me Arbeloa and Coentrão are the weakest links in the whole team, Marcelo is a lot better than Coentrão.

Well, I agree with you,but in my opinion.
Arbeloa has skill when we talk about attack,but he always come late when defence.
Coentrao same with Arbeloa.
He has good defensive abilty just like his attacking ability,but always come late when defence.
Marcelo maybe better then Coentrao with his attacking skill,but Marcelo's defence isn't good as Coentrao

Well,but I got your point about they are the weakness in squad
wink
Sorry for waiting too long...
I'm busy with my football team at my league...

Well,in my opinion the one who will be crowned with Champions League cup is

No 1 : BARCELONA

They are the Best team in World...
They have the Best Right Back in the World (Alves)
They have the Best Center Back in the World ( Pique)
They have one of the Best Captain in the World ( Puyol)
They have one of the Best Defensive Midfielder and Actor(hehehe) (Busquets)
They have the Best Playmaker in the World (Xavi)
They have the Best Attacking Midfielder (Iniesta)
They have the Best man who can play in anywhere in the World (Fabregas)
and...
They have the Best Player in the WORLD !!! (MESSI)

Anyone can find the weakness in Barcelona?
I know it's hard...
But,In my opinion the weakness in Barcelona is :

First : Tito Villanova
He's great Assisten manager,but he's not great Manager.
He just lucky to have "Almost Perfect Squad" and he's still in under Guardiola's Shadow.

Second :Victor Valdes.
He's just lucky to have great Defender but if we talk about quality. He's still far under Cech,Cassilas,Neuer and Buffon.

And the last is : "Parking Bus tactic"
Yeah,the best tactic to play against barcelona.
They will have possesion. But,they will have difficult to make a score with this tactic.

OK..
That's it my opinion...
Sorry if i have bad english(heheeh) and if you didn't agree with my opinion...
SEE YOU IN NEXT ROUND!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces