Real Madrid 0.5 50.0% [ 7 ]
Manchester United 0.5 50.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]
This poll closed on March 5, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33 34 > >>

Unbeatable Loiterer

Anatomy of a Zombie

They did really, I was a little disappointed that Van Persie didn't finish that chance in the 60th minute, if he had hit it to the right the keeper wouldn't have had a chance, but he didn't have enough time. I was honestly cheering for them at that point, everyone was saying that they couldn't do it but at 3 - 0 at half time, you would have thought they would have went on to score more.
Lol, 2 - 0 doesn't sound half bad, just so long as it isn't another 5 - 0 like it was when we played Spurs emotion_facepalm I couldn't watch that game after the 2nd goal went in, we were just poor overall.
Ikr, if he just took a smash instead of trying to chip it we might of still of been up for a chance for the quater finals.

Ouch, and we beat spurs remember, so you might be in for another thrashing.
You might want to change clubs at the end of the season. wink

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
ichigo 8D
Ikr, if he just took a smash instead of trying to chip it we might of still of been up for a chance for the quater finals.

Ouch, and we beat spurs remember, so you might be in for another thrashing.
You might want to change clubs at the end of the season. wink

Yeah I know, I wanted it to go to extra time actually, but once he missed that chance I couldn't see it happening emotion_8c

And Man U beat Arsenal, and we beat Man U, this season has been a season for shocking results and big surprises, so it's difficult to predict which way it will go razz
I'll probably miss the game sadly, I'll be at work and I'll be working in the one are where there isn't a TV with the match showing, so I'll just keep checking on what happens throughout the night.
N'awww I've lived in Newcastle since I was born and I've followed them through thick and thin, and I'll keep it that way. I even stuck by them when we dropped down to the Championship.
So I think I'll stick to supporting them and Barcelona 3nodding

Original Pumpkin

Anatomy of a Zombie

It did come true indeed, as good as Barcelona are as a team without Messi playing for them this season, they would have dropped a lot more points, he saved them a few draws with late goals, like that free kick against Athletico Madrid the other week razz
But the defence have been pretty horrible, they've only managed to keep one clean sheet in their last 7 games, that's unlike Barcelona at all, but at least it shows that they're only human. c:

Yeah that is true, but the young German side taught us a lesson in how to play football, even after they beat us 4 - 1, they went on to beat Argentina 4 - 0, so it's not like we can just claim that they were lucky against us, apart from that goal that wasn't given. o:
It's the same with most teams, not just Man U, but with them being a top English side, more people pay attention to them when they aren't playing their best, because they're used to seeing them play better football honestly.
Agreed, I thought that they would have walked all over CSKA, but I was proved wrong, I was actually glad when they grabbed the equalizer at the end of the game, I don't think Madrid would have deserved a 1 - 0 lead going into the 2nd leg.

Yes, you got that perfectly right, he needs time on the field to show what he is capable of, but Chelsea gave him 90 minutes midweek against Birmingham, and he did play well as part of the team, it was just his finishing that is lacking right now.
But Chelsea seem to give him a run around for 90 minutes and then the next few games he is back to warming the bench.
Hopefully he reads the newspapers over here, because there was an article from the Spanish National team's coach saying if he can show that he can get back on form, he can get back into the squad before the Euro's begin.

That's true Barcelona needs Messi.
And I think that is going to back fire on them at some point.

Yes they did. And I agree it wasn't just that they were lucky.
They were good.
True I have seen a lot of teams do that. Just fall apart.
But your right you only hear about it when it's one of the Top teams.
Same!
Because I they should have had that game in the bag.

And that ******** with his head.
I would be questioning myself too if they did that to me.
One day I get to play the next I don't.
You don't see them doing that to Rooney or Messi or Gerrard.

Original Pumpkin

ichigo 8D
OMFG Shushu
Lol I know I watched that game.
I was pissed that AC lost like that.
But I love liver pool and Man U.
We had guest over when the game was on so I couldn't scream cheer like a I usually do haha. Would of been a perfect game if they scored the 4th.

Oh and Arsenal beat Liverpool, js. ¬ w¬
2 - 1

Gah I hate that!
Because I love to scream and shout and cheer!

<_<
SO!
I still will always love them.
crying

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
OMFG Shushu
That's true Barcelona needs Messi.
And I think that is going to back fire on them at some point.

Yes they did. And I agree it wasn't just that they were lucky.
They were good.
True I have seen a lot of teams do that. Just fall apart.
But your right you only hear about it when it's one of the Top teams.
Same!
Because I they should have had that game in the bag.

And that ******** with his head.
I would be questioning myself too if they did that to me.
One day I get to play the next I don't.
You don't see them doing that to Rooney or Messi or Gerrard.

They need Messi, that much is true, they were struggling without him at the weekend, although they still managed a 3 - 1 victory in the end.
But as much as Messi does for them, when they're missing players you can see them falling apart, you've had David Villa out for months now, so they've been missing his goal scoring abilities, Iniesta was out for a couple of weeks not too long ago, you could see that the midfield was suffering a bit without him. The three main players that Barcelona need are Iniesta, Xavi, and Messi, if one of them is out you can see them suffering, but not much longer until Villa is back, I just hope he can find his feet since Sanchez will be looking to keep his spot on the team along with Pedro.

indeed and the thing with that German side is that they're still young, they'll keep on improving as they get older, teams will start to struggle against them in the next World Cup.
I mean Wolves haven't been doing too great lately, but after they got beat 5 - 1, the next game they came back from 2 goals down to earn a draw, then the game after they're on the end of a 5 - 0 defeat.
Part of that draw was down to Newcastle, first half they were outstanding, second half they were all over the place and threw away a 2 goal lead. Not much was said about their performance either, I guess we're still not classed as a big club yet emotion_8c

Yeah I can understand that greatly, the last thing you want is to see yourself sitting on the bench every game, they'll have to find a partnership that works with him, then keep both of them playing for at least 70 minutes to give them time to at least work together.
Eh I know what you mean, but the problem with those players is that they score goals or set them up, the teams need those players. Until Torres starts scoring on a regular basis, he'll be treated differently to these players, that's just the way it'll be emotion_8c

Unbeatable Loiterer

OMFG Shushu

Gah I hate that!
Because I love to scream and shout and cheer!

<_<
SO!
I still will always love them.
crying
Ikr, I mean what's the point of watching a match if you're going to sit and watch quietly.
I do scare my nan at times though when I have unpredictable out burst haha.

It's fine, Arsenal is only for the cool anyway. ¬ w¬

Unbeatable Loiterer

Anatomy of a Zombie

Yeah I know, I wanted it to go to extra time actually, but once he missed that chance I couldn't see it happening emotion_8c

And Man U beat Arsenal, and we beat Man U, this season has been a season for shocking results and big surprises, so it's difficult to predict which way it will go razz
I'll probably miss the game sadly, I'll be at work and I'll be working in the one are where there isn't a TV with the match showing, so I'll just keep checking on what happens throughout the night.
N'awww I've lived in Newcastle since I was born and I've followed them through thick and thin, and I'll keep it that way. I even stuck by them when we dropped down to the Championship.
So I think I'll stick to supporting them and Barcelona 3nodding
Well we'll just have to see. Winner gets to gloat.
Where do you live now?

Original Pumpkin

Anatomy of a Zombie

They need Messi, that much is true, they were struggling without him at the weekend, although they still managed a 3 - 1 victory in the end.
But as much as Messi does for them, when they're missing players you can see them falling apart, you've had David Villa out for months now, so they've been missing his goal scoring abilities, Iniesta was out for a couple of weeks not too long ago, you could see that the midfield was suffering a bit without him. The three main players that Barcelona need are Iniesta, Xavi, and Messi, if one of them is out you can see them suffering, but not much longer until Villa is back, I just hope he can find his feet since Sanchez will be looking to keep his spot on the team along with Pedro.

indeed and the thing with that German side is that they're still young, they'll keep on improving as they get older, teams will start to struggle against them in the next World Cup.
I mean Wolves haven't been doing too great lately, but after they got beat 5 - 1, the next game they came back from 2 goals down to earn a draw, then the game after they're on the end of a 5 - 0 defeat.
Part of that draw was down to Newcastle, first half they were outstanding, second half they were all over the place and threw away a 2 goal lead. Not much was said about their performance either, I guess we're still not classed as a big club yet emotion_8c

Yeah I can understand that greatly, the last thing you want is to see yourself sitting on the bench every game, they'll have to find a partnership that works with him, then keep both of them playing for at least 70 minutes to give them time to at least work together.
Eh I know what you mean, but the problem with those players is that they score goals or set them up, the teams need those players. Until Torres starts scoring on a regular basis, he'll be treated differently to these players, that's just the way it'll be emotion_8c

Yep.
And I don't think that's good.
I think Barcelona need to work with other players in cases like this.
They need a back up just as good as the player they have to replace.

True you can only get better as you grown older.
But really it also has to do with the team manager too.
Newcastle is one of the well known clubs.
I don't see how anyone can not see them as one of the big clubs.

Yah but if they keep sitting him like they have been he can never do that because he doesn't believe he can.
:/
But I understand what you mean.
Just irritated

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
ichigo 8D
Well we'll just have to see. Winner gets to gloat.
Where do you live now?

I'm not one for gloating in all honesty, although if we do achieve a European spot by the end of the season that may change lol
I still live near Newcastle actually, so I've been brought up supporting them since I was little razz

Original Pumpkin

ichigo 8D
Ikr, I mean what's the point of watching a match if you're going to sit and watch quietly.
I do scare my nan at times though when I have unpredictable out burst haha.

It's fine, Arsenal is only for the cool anyway. ¬ w¬

Mhmm!
It's part of the reason I love football so much.
xD yah I do that to.

Oh well then Im just uncool.
:p
:d

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
OMFG Shushu
Yep.
And I don't think that's good.
I think Barcelona need to work with other players in cases like this.
They need a back up just as good as the player they have to replace.

True you can only get better as you grown older.
But really it also has to do with the team manager too.
Newcastle is one of the well known clubs.
I don't see how anyone can not see them as one of the big clubs.

Yah but if they keep sitting him like they have been he can never do that because he doesn't believe he can.
:/
But I understand what you mean.
Just irritated

I can agree with you on that, but to raise players abilities to get them to the level that Xavi and Iniesta are at now would take years, I've been watching a lot of the younger players lately for Barcelona. I quite like Tello and Cuenca from what I've seen, but Barcelona seem to concentrate on bringing players in through their youth academy. I mean if you look at the squads of both Barcelona and Real Madrid, on the bench Barcelona have a lot of youngsters, where Real Madrid have players any club would want them to be a first team member, right now Barcelona don't have the depth of their squad to provide cover for their big stars if they get injured.

That is true and it has been proven time and time again.
To be honest, I think Messi has become the player he is because of Pep Guardiola, when Pep actually took over at Barcelona one of his first big decisions was letting Messi to go play at the Olympics, in which he won a gold medal, if Pep hadn't taken over then, Messi wouldn't have been allowed to go play. Ever since then they've had a great partnership, and if you enjoy playing football under a manager, then you're just going to improve and play better football.
Newcastle have always been one of the best known clubs, but we've never really been classed as big since we did well in the league back in 1998 and 99.
The last few seasons have been difficult for us, but since we've returned from the Championship, we've just been improving. I'm quite surprised with our league position this season, we've surprised everyone with where we're sitting right now, but we do have the squad to compete with the other big clubs.

Plus if they keep him sitting there, then his talents are going to waste, and that's a shame for everyone personally.
Also looking at the skysports website, Di Matteo seems to be backing Torres, so it looks like he'll be starting this weekend against Stoke.
If he plays in the next 3 games, I can see him at least scoring once, either against Stoke or Leicster. Although I'd love him to start against Napoli, get the first goal and see them go on to win, I at least want an English team to go through, even if they get Barcelona in the next round razz

Unbeatable Loiterer

OMFG Shushu
Mhmm!
It's part of the reason I love football so much.
xD yah I do that to.

Oh well then Im just uncool.
:p
:d
Where do you live?

Mhm..

Unbeatable Loiterer

Anatomy of a Zombie

I'm not one for gloating in all honesty, although if we do achieve a European spot by the end of the season that may change lol
I still live near Newcastle actually, so I've been brought up supporting them since I was little razz
Keep dreaming. wink
Oh, right. I thought you moved abroad. Alot of people on here are from America, it's hard to imagine them enjoying football.

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
ichigo 8D
Keep dreaming. wink
Oh, right. I thought you moved abroad. Alot of people on here are from America, it's hard to imagine them enjoying football.

I'm great at dreaming emotion_c8 I'm still hanging on for Barcelona to turn it around and win the league this season rolleyes
Nah, never been out of England in my life, but yeah I know what you mean, I've met a few people from America that keep up to date on football, but it's rare razz
But I'm glad they enjoy it, it gives me more people to talk to about current events in football!

Unbeatable Loiterer

Anatomy of a Zombie

I'm great at dreaming emotion_c8 I'm still hanging on for Barcelona to turn it around and win the league this season rolleyes
Nah, never been out of England in my life, but yeah I know what you mean, I've met a few people from America that keep up to date on football, but it's rare razz
But I'm glad they enjoy it, it gives me more people to talk to about current events in football!
10 point behind aren't they? might be hard to do.
I've still to meet one. I suppose it would be hard for Americans to follow it since it's not a huge thing over there.
Well I'm going to remake some magic on the ps3.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces