Welcome to Gaia! ::

big_culo
w/e no one has changed my mind on how or why i like the packers! i dont care if i cant think straight all i wanted to do was come on here and talk abotu foot ball then some of you had to be jerks! so i dont gice a rats a**! about anything for all you care i am jsut a girl who thinks about hot guys all the timecuz i dont and i konw that and my friends know that ! so for get it dont talk to me!

Not true. The only reason why I thought that you were the type of girl who only likes to watch football because of the guys is from what you said:

what are you saying i look like and idiot??? why cuz i made a coment on color?!?!?!?!!? I AM A ******** GIRL!!! THATS HOW GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT FOOT BALL!! most cheer for the team with the prittyest colors!!! or hottest guys! but yeah! so are you saying i look like and idiot!?!?!?!

The part that annoyed me was "THATS HOW GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT FOOT BALL!"
pastortroy5
AKILLA
My 2nd favorite team seems to be the Vikings. I tend to know a lot about them and I'm interested in some of their players.

And I have this weird theory on the Vikings, if you want to hear about it Troy.
i think you told me but yeah go ahead

Okay, tell me your thoughts, but here's what I have been thinking about regarding our defense in recent years. No matter who we have put on the field the last seven or eight years, our defense sucks. Whether we put guys that are quick, experienced, young, old, whatever, it hasn't made a difference. We typically don't see players living up to the expectations that we had, or that the coaches had for that matter.

Now my question is to do you think that our defensive schemes have always been designed to the liking of the defensive coordinators philosophy, as opposed to the individual strengths of each player? It doesn't seem like we often allow the players to do what they do best.
AKILLA
big_culo
w/e no one has changed my mind on how or why i like the packers! i dont care if i cant think straight all i wanted to do was come on here and talk abotu foot ball then some of you had to be jerks! so i dont gice a rats a**! about anything for all you care i am jsut a girl who thinks about hot guys all the timecuz i dont and i konw that and my friends know that ! so for get it dont talk to me!

Not true. The only reason why I thought that you were the type of girl who only likes to watch football because of the guys is from what you said:

what are you saying i look like and idiot??? why cuz i made a coment on color?!?!?!?!!? I AM A ******** GIRL!!! THATS HOW GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT FOOT BALL!! most cheer for the team with the prittyest colors!!! or hottest guys! but yeah! so are you saying i look like and idiot!?!?!?!

The part that annoyed me was "THATS HOW GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT FOOT BALL!"
3nodding
big_culo
Just being a girl is no excuse my sister knows alot about Iowa not as much as me but still more than the normal fan))
AKILLA
pastortroy5
AKILLA
My 2nd favorite team seems to be the Vikings. I tend to know a lot about them and I'm interested in some of their players.

Okay, tell me your thoughts, but here's what I have been thinking about regarding our defense in recent years. No matter who we have put on the field the last seven or eight years, our defense sucks. Whether we put guys that are quick, experienced, young, old, whatever, it hasn't made a difference. We typically don't see players living up to the expectations that we had, or that the coaches had for that matter.

Now my question is to do you think that our defensive schemes have always been designed to the liking of the defensive coordinators philosophy, as opposed to the individual strengths of each player? It doesn't seem like we often allow the players to do what they do best.
whenyou put it like that...but still we got antoine winfield and i think he had a pretty good year....but yeah i see what your sayin....
pastortroy5
AKILLA
pastortroy5
AKILLA

whenyou put it like that...but still we got antoine winfield and i think he had a pretty good year....but yeah i see what your sayin....

True. Antione Winfield was by far the best cover corner we had last year. He allows a number of catches because he stays behind his man and the endzone, but he never allows long plays (except for the bad call on the TO non-catch). But more often than not last year Winfield was, by design, giving receivers a 10 yard cushion at the line of scrimmage. Winfield was still great, but I think that's taking away a couple of his strengths, such as being physical and jamming receivers at the line, as well as being on the line of scrimmage for running plays, because we all know that he can tackle as consistently as anyone in the league.
AKILLA
pastortroy5
AKILLA
pastortroy5
AKILLA

True. Antione Winfield was by far the best cover corner we had last year. He allows a number of catches because he stays behind his man and the endzone, but he never allows long plays (except for the bad call on the TO non-catch). But more often than not last year Winfield was, by design, giving receivers a 10 yard cushion at the line of scrimmage. Winfield was still great, but I think that's taking away a couple of his strengths, such as being physical and jamming receivers at the line, as well as being on the line of scrimmage for running plays, because we all know that he can tackle as consistently as anyone in the league.
you know i think we need new coaches....we did get a new defensive coordinater from the Bills which should help considering that a lot of players played with him he seems to be smarter than our last one
pastortroy5
AKILLA
pastortroy5
AKILLA
pastortroy5
AKILLA

you know i think we need new coaches....we did get a new defensive coordinater from the Bills which should help considering that a lot of players played with him he seems to be smarter than our last one

The defense is alright. Our LBs are always athletic and stupid (Duane Rudd) or somewhat smart or old and slow (Biekert). The safeties have consistently sucked. A few years back, Robert Grifith was one hell of a tackler, but had no cover corners playing with him. Since him, nobody is worth a gol 'darnit. We'll see what Cory C is made of now that he's surrounded by talent in the secondary. Corners aren't even worth getting into. D-Line is always adequate to bad. Bottom line, no coach can make a game plan for Denard Walker to be worth a crap. No coach is responsible Brian Russell missing tackles.
AKILLA
Bottom line, no coach can make a game plan for Denard Walker to be worth a crap. No coach is responsible Brian Russell missing tackles.

Correct about the Vikings, but i beg to differ... i think Dave Wanstadt (sp?) is probably a bad enough coach to make his guys miss tackles smile

heart
which is why im glad we got rid of russell now that we ve got Darren Sharper our secondary should be fine and fred smoot brings talk that moss brought and he brings exp and is great picking the ball off...I'm glad we got rid of that fat guy Chris Hovan he was waaaaaaay overrated with Pat Williams and his strength they might try a double team to get him and that would free up the speedy Kevin Williams Sam Cowart adds strength exp and knowledge as with Napolean Haris and the new defensie coordinater Ted Corttrell is better than any d cooridinator we used to have
With Peter Boulware a free agent, if the Vikings signed him, then their defense would probably be better, but I'm not sure how much cap room the Vikings have.
but....we can all agree that we have a crappy kicker....one of the worst there is.... stare
I do have all the faith in Cotrell. Another big plus with him is that it's the first time we've had the same def. coorinator with the same scheme for two years in a row in a long time. It will make it much easier on the players.
we need another fast reciever to do punt returns though they ve got Nate Burleson returning which isnt smart cause they need him on that recieving core punt returning is just another chance for him to get hurt...
*shakes head*... I can't speak for any of the other young ladies here but I watch football because I like sports. I also watch hockey, lacrosse, baseball, basketball, rugby, soccer, and other team-oriented sports when I have a choice of what to watch. Most other women that I know don't care much for sports outside of looking for potential husbands or lust-objects but that's their perogative...

I'm an Oakland Raider fan through and through... have been since birth (my parents were Raider fans) and I've been going to games almost my entire life. The last few seasons have been ugly (4-12 / 4-12 / 5-11) due to philosophy changes (from Gruden to Callahan to Turner) and a humiliating Super Bowl loss. Al Davis' desire to have great players hasn't panned out too well in recent history although I think that this season Warren Sapp will turn things around. If the defense can solidify a little more (after taking a season to adjust to the 3-4 alignment) and if LaMont Jordan can produce as a feature back, I think the Raiders stand a very good chance at making the playoffs this season.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff