NFC
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins
Wild Card: San Francisco 49ers
Wild Card: Atlanta Falcons

SUPERBOWL- SEATTLE SEAHAWKS over Denver Broncos

And those are my predictions. Agree, disagree? feel free to respond.

I agree with your playoff selections but disagree about the division winners and wildcards. I think the Texans, the 49ers, and the Falcons will each win their respective divisions, although the Colts, the Seahawks, and the Saints will make the playoffs.

I am not the biggest Russell Wilson fan and I think the lack of strong receivers will hold him back especially if Harvin has a hard time meshing with the system when being thrown into it to end the regular system. I think the 49ers or the Redskins can beat them.

I also don't trust the Broncos defense. Losing Dumervil in the fax fiasco is going to hurt their pass rush. I think they'll meet Brady in the AFC title game and fall just short.

My Superbowl prediction - New England Patriots over San Francisco 49ers

I agree with a lot of your analysis, I just have a feeling about the Pats this year.
DragonNightmare
Cookie Icer

PLAYOFFS:
AFC
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cincinnati Bengals
Wild Card: Baltimore Ravens
Wild Card: Houston Texans

NFC
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins

I agree with your playoff selections but disagree about the division winners and wildcards. I think the Texans, the 49ers, and the Falcons will each win their respective divisions, although the Colts, the Seahawks, and the Saints will make the playoffs.

I am not the biggest Russell Wilson fan and I think the lack of strong receivers will hold him back especially if Harvin has a hard time meshing with the system when being thrown into it to end the regular system. I think the 49ers or the Redskins can beat them.

I also don't trust the Broncos defense. Losing Dumervil in the fax fiasco is going to hurt their pass rush. I think they'll meet Brady in the AFC title game and fall just short.

I agree with a lot of your analysis, I just have a feeling about the Pats this year.

San fran willl run alll over the pats

Hilarious Gaian

800 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Unimpressed Blaze

I can see that. They have their own issues, though. They don't have a passing attack to keep defenses from stacking the box. Even that amazing o-line can crumble if the opponent puts 8 on the line. Who's gonna catch the ball? Jon Baldwin?
Brady is an experienced QB. If Amendola stays healthy (big if, I know), I don't see anyone stopping them.

Just saying, I'm not a Pats fan.
DragonNightmare
Unimpressed Blaze

I can see that. They have their own issues, though. They don't have a passing attack to keep defenses from stacking the box. Even that amazing o-line can crumble if the opponent puts 8 on the line. Who's gonna catch the ball? Jon Baldwin?
Brady is an experienced QB. If Amendola stays healthy (big if, I know), I don't see anyone stopping them.

Just saying, I'm not a Pats fan.

The patriots cant defend the read option
DragonNightmare
Cookie Icer

PLAYOFFS:
AFC
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cincinnati Bengals

NFC
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins

I'm not a big Russell Wilson fan either, in fact I'm actually a 49ers fan, it pained me to put Seattle over San Francisco, but I approached my list from a neutral stand point. Really the 49ers and Seahawks, you can flip a coin on this one, they are practically even. But with more injuries for the 49ers going into the regular season, It was tough looking past that. I'm not concerned with the 49ers receiving corp. Everything I've heard out of training camp, and the limited action of Kaepernick in the pre-season I think the passing game will be fine. My heart screams for San Francisco, but logically, all be it by the slimmest of margins, my head is going with Seattle.

As for the Texans, The past two seasons they have started the season off strong, an AFC powerhouse, yet they have a bad habit of faltering down the stretch. I like Matt Schaub as a QB, but I think Andrew Luck in his Sophmore campaign will have a phenomenal season. If the Texans can stay strong in the second half of the season, they will dominate the division. But if they follow the same pattern as they have in previous seasons, I gotta give the slight edge to Indy.

Saints and Falcons was another tough call. While New Orleans defense is less than encouraging, who needs a defense when your QB can pass for 400 yards and 4 TD each game? (Exaggeration I know, but you get my point.) Matt Ryan has played very well, and is a much more deserving QB to hoist the Lombardi trophy than his draft class counterpart Joe Flacco. But I think in general, the return of Sean Peyton will get the Saints back on top of the division.

The only concern I have with your Superbowl pick, while you can never rule out the Patriots, they aren't the big man on the block like they used to be. They are still top dog in the AFC East, and a force to be reckoned with. But when I see them I see an old Lion who's roar is fading, his claws are dulling, and his teeth are slowly falling out. Don't Mess with him cause he'll still tear you apart, but not as fearsome as he was just a few short years ago. A playoff contender, will be a division winner, but I just can't see them in the Superbowl. But if they did make it, they would have a HUGE advantage playing in cold New York city in February. IF they played the 49ers. Then again, the 49ers managed to walk into Foxboro last season in December and took them out. Regardless, still good picks overall, and you could very easily be right. Smart picks all around.
Cookie Icer
DragonNightmare
Cookie Icer

PLAYOFFS:
AFC
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cincinnati Bengals

NFC
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins

I'm not a big Russell Wilson fan either, in fact I'm actually a 49ers fan, it pained me to put Seattle over San Francisco, but I approached my list from a neutral stand point. Really the 49ers and Seahawks, you can flip a coin on this one, they are practically even. But with more injuries for the 49ers going into the regular season, It was tough looking past that. I'm not concerned with the 49ers receiving corp. Everything I've heard out of training camp, and the limited action of Kaepernick in the pre-season I think the passing game will be fine. My heart screams for San Francisco, but logically, all be it by the slimmest of margins, my head is going with Seattle.

As for the Texans, The past two seasons they have started the season off strong, an AFC powerhouse, yet they have a bad habit of faltering down the stretch. I like Matt Schaub as a QB, but I think Andrew Luck in his Sophmore campaign will have a phenomenal season. If the Texans can stay strong in the second half of the season, they will dominate the division. But if they follow the same pattern as they have in previous seasons, I gotta give the slight edge to Indy.

Saints and Falcons was another tough call. While New Orleans defense is less than encouraging, who needs a defense when your QB can pass for 400 yards and 4 TD each game? (Exaggeration I know, but you get my point.) Matt Ryan has played very well, and is a much more deserving QB to hoist the Lombardi trophy than his draft class counterpart Joe Flacco. But I think in general, the return of Sean Peyton will get the Saints back on top of the division.

The only concern I have with your Superbowl pick, while you can never rule out the Patriots, they aren't the big man on the block like they used to be. They are still top dog in the AFC East, and a force to be reckoned with. But when I see them I see an old Lion who's roar is fading, his claws are dulling, and his teeth are slowly falling out. Don't Mess with him cause he'll still tear you apart, but not as fearsome as he was just a few short years ago. A playoff contender, will be a division winner, but I just can't see them in the Superbowl. But if they did make it, they would have a HUGE advantage playing in cold New York city in February. IF they played the 49ers. Then again, the 49ers managed to walk into Foxboro last season in December and took them out. Regardless, still good picks overall, and you could very easily be right. Smart picks all around.

Now my analysis. Niners take their conference. Not just the division, but the number one seed in the NFL. Why? Boldin. Anquan Boldin steps up big in the playoffs. Flacco didn't win those games, Boldin did by being a dominating receiver who went up OVER the opposition to get the job done.
He better take part of that new signing bonus and buy Champ Bailey a really nice car, because if he'd not lost a step, it would have been between the Bronco's and Pats in the AFC championship game.
But the Seahawks, while good, aren't good enough and their coaching is just a hair worse than the Niners is. San Fran has the back ups to play starter in most teams, and Harbaugh doesn't play games. He will guide them to a buy.
Falcons and Saints? Mike Smith and the Falcons don't fair well against the Saints. Even though only a fool would expect Rob Ryan to FINALLY have a top ten defense, the Saints don't need a top ten D to take their division. They just need to be better than the worst in the league, and Ryan can at least accomplish that.
Pats? Who ever bets against them? How many no name players has Brady and Belichik turned into a pro bowler, who, immediately after leaving, turns back into a turd?
I think their rookie draft class is pretty damn good, and Sudfeld may turn out to be Hernandez without all the issues and extra size and weight.
Plus, their defense has steadily improved, as well as their offense going more to a running game and playing consistent.
Do I think the Ravens win their division? It's possible, but the Bengals are going to be tough. They will, of course, choke in the playoffs.
The Colts are a flash in the pan. I give more credit to Ariens than anything for what was accomplished last season. The Texans won't walk away with their division, but they'll take it.
Denver may win their division, but lets be realistic, the King of Choke is now playing QB for them, and they just signed the crown prince of Choke to play receiver. Welker and Manning are both prone to stupid plays and errors in crunch time. Why do you think the Pats cut ties with Welker? Two Superbowls, he blows it. Would YOU want someone that can't step up on the biggest stage?
Watch out for the Chiefs. I think they are the surprise team to make the playoffs. Reid and Smith will make that big a difference, and the Chiefs have always had a good defense.
Final analysis? Niners are hoisting the Lombardi, regardless of who they face in the Superbowl. The only thing that could stop them would be injuries.
Old Blue Collar Joe

Final analysis? Niners are hoisting the Lombardi, regardless of who they face in the Superbowl. The only thing that could stop them would be injuries.

As a 49ers fan I really hope you are right in your prediction, but you said the only thing that could stop them would be injuries. And the 49ers led the NFL in players on the PUP and IR list going into the final week of the Preseason. I want to see the 49ers hoist the Lombardi trophy as well, but the injury bug has already reared its ugly head in San Francisco.
Cookie Icer
Old Blue Collar Joe

As a 49ers fan I really hope you are right in your prediction, but you said the only thing that could stop them would be injuries. And the 49ers led the NFL in players on the PUP and IR list going into the final week of the Preseason. I want to see the 49ers hoist the Lombardi trophy as well, but the injury bug has already reared its ugly head in San Francisco.

Better to get them early and heal in time for a playoff run than get them late and enter the playoffs. The Pats have suffered that fate twice, both times going to the Superbowl, and neither time being able to win it, and multiple times in the post season.
PLAYOFFS:
AFC
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cincinnati Bengals

NFC
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins
Wild Card: Seattle Seahawks
Wild Card: New Orleans Saints

SUPERBOWL- Seattle Seahawks over Baltimore Ravens

Distinct Elder

This is it, y'all.
With the majority of the teams starting their season today, it also marks the start of a grueling 16-game journey of upsets, incredible drives, plays of the week, and most importantly:
A championship run. A chance to bring glory to your city.
Good luck to any and all teams you support this season.

Super Spirit

Football is back, baby! emotion_kirakira

New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco
NY Giants at Dallas
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

Feel free to predict your own!

New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco
NY Giants at Dallas
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Japsters
PLAYOFFS:
AFC
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cincinnati Bengals

NFC
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins
Wild Card: Seattle Seahawks
Wild Card: New Orleans Saints

SUPERBOWL- Seattle Seahawks over Baltimore Ravens

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Super Spirit

xd

Strong win for the Saints.

Distinct Elder

Welp, That was a pathetic showing for the Brownies.
God damn, I really want Buster Skrine to get the boot.

Super Spirit

Wow, my predictions went great (so far). Only missed the Pittsburgh game. emotion_dealwithit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff