• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
measure Athletes by rings.
Brady is a better QB than Eli.
Flakusorum

LMAO....no. Peyton has 1 ring but hes regarded as perhaps the best quarterback ever. check the stats)

If you want to measure an athlete by rings would you say Luke Walton is better than lebron james? Would you say Joseph Addai is better than Adrian Peterson? No. So shut up.
MiamiSWAG
Flakusorum

LMAO....no. Peyton has 1 ring but hes regarded as perhaps the best quarterback ever. check the stats)

If you want to measure an athlete by rings would you say Luke Walton is better than lebron james? Would you say Joseph Addai is better than Adrian Peterson? No. So shut up.

Peyton isn't even in the top five. Only active QB in that category is on the brink of becoming the greatest of all time. It will be Sunday before we can begin to make that debate in all earnest.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Nassiral
First....anyone who gives Tebow credit for the winning play is a fool. He hit the open man the play was designed to go to. Who then took off down an totally open field and stiff-armed the only guy who had a chance of getting him. Timmy didn't do it, he just threw about the easiest pass possible.

Denver won the game, but they didn't truely beat the Steelers. The injuries and missing players made this that much easier for Tebow and crew. For example, if Ryan Clark had been playing? I doubt that final pass play would've been so wide open. Had Hampton and Keisel both been sidelined by injuries before the 1st quarter ended? Well, we could assume the Steeler D would've looked all game like it did in the 1st quarter when it was pressuring Tebow and forcing 3&outs. Notice how the 2nd quarter was a huge blowup in score then almost NOTHING allowed after that for Denver? A sign of a defense suddenly having to make huge adjustments in their game, and still Denver almost didn't win.
Offensively I felt commentators were making too much of just Ben's injury. Ok, so he can't take off running down the field. He was still extending plays and doing decent. Redman did well running, but clearly Pittsburgh was hurting by not having Mendenhall to help carry some of the load, and didn't trust Clay (who has been on the team for all of about three weeks) to perform well.

Then there was the officiating...oh god...the officiating. I was having flashbacks to the '05 playoff game in Indy.
No flag for a pass interference by Denver, while Pittsburgh got nailed with an identical flag later on.
TWICE Pittsburgh receivers in defenseless positions had blatantly lunging/head-leading hits laid on them with no flag from officials. Wallace was lucky he was already bent backwards somewhat, or he likely would've suffered a major concussion.
Two horribly blatant holding calls missed on Denvers' offensive line during very long pocket plays.
A bullshit flag for roughing the passer, but it was James Harrison so that makes it ok.
ALLOWING FOX TO PICK UP HIS CHALLENGE FLAG!
Overturning a Wallace reception when no camera angle showed definitively that the ball struck the ground and camera angles showed Wallace's forearm under the ball.

I swear, this reffing crew needs to be fired immediately following this game, and be glad they were not in Pittsburgh.

And the NFL will hype Tebow all they can to try to deflect from the ugly reffing that went on. Denver will not be long in these playoffs, and I look forward to a healthy Pittsburgh getting a chance to play a fair game against them.

Damn. What a load of whining. What is it with all the Pennsylvania sports and their fans that they do this? I live in Georgia and here's my assessment: The Falcons got their asses whipped.
I do like the Bronco's and the Patriots. But I seriously doubt the Bronco's stand any chance against the Patriots.
Again, no mention on your part of the intentional facemasks, at least three that I saw, nor the holding from the Steelers linesmen, nor the reality that BY RULE a play that is not challengeable, as the one you are now bitching about again, and which has already been pointed out to you, is allowed to be picked up after the official informs the coach they cannot challenge it.
Nor any mention of the backward pass that, by rule, should actually have been a fumble and the ball given to the Bronco's, instead of given back the Steelers.
Ir you're going to harp about the officiating, get it right and, as you've already been told, point out both sides flaws.
And the roughing the passing call was actually spot on. You are not allowed to take a step after the pass is gone and still hit the QB. Harrison knows this.

I'll respond again.
There was maybe 1 intentional facemask that might've been worth flagging. It happened in a scrum where replay can show it just fine, but is hard for officials to see. What irritates me more is how Tebow was barely incidentally facemasked once (a lineman blindly reached to try grabbing him, got a handful of mask and let go in an instant) and started crying like he'd been molested.
Holding goes both ways, and really Denver got away with a couple awfully blatant ones.
The coach should be aware of what he can and cannot challenge. Ball whistled dead, he can only challenge the spot. How many damn fans know this and they let him pick up his flag?
As for the pass/fumble? Should it have been a fumble? Sure.

Both teams got away with some stuff, Denver got away with a hell of a lot more. And btw, I never said the refs lost the game for Pittsburgh, so stuff it with your judgements of fan groups 'whining'. I'm allowed to vent frustrations about all aspects of a bad game for my team and call people to task for undue praise for Tebow.

piIot's Honey Bun

Business Tycoon

aight my pick

The New York Giants DEFEAT the New England Patriots 35-31. wahmbulance
Huggertaker
aight my pick

Won't happen. Everythings different from the last time they faced off... Patriots Defense is back at 100% from when they played new york earlier in the season playing with backups filling in everywhere. I'm singing Patriots Patriots by 6.

GRONK

Super Spirit

Hope everyone has a good time today!

I'm pretty anxious for the big game, myself.
Arcane Truths
Huggertaker
aight my pick

Won't happen. Everythings different from the last time they faced off... Patriots Defense is back at 100% from when they played new york earlier in the season playing with backups filling in everywhere. I'm singing Patriots Patriots by 6.

GRONK

I think you're right, if the defense does it's job. Glad the GMen are flapping their yaps, because it will motivate the Pats.

piIot's Honey Bun

Business Tycoon

Arcane Truths
Huggertaker
aight my pick

GRONK
oh my oh my oh my

looks like this statement is not relevant eh wink
Huggertaker
Arcane Truths
Huggertaker
aight my pick

GRONK
oh my oh my oh my

looks like this statement is not relevant eh wink

It was a good game. Congrats to the Giants on a well played game. I don't care what anyone says. Eli is BETTER than Peyton.
Nassiral
Old Blue Collar Joe
Nassiral
First....anyone who gives Tebow credit for the winning play is a fool. He hit the open man the play was designed to go to. Who then took off down an totally open field and stiff-armed the only guy who had a chance of getting him. Timmy didn't do it, he just threw about the easiest pass possible.

Denver won the game, but they didn't truely beat the Steelers. The injuries and missing players made this that much easier for Tebow and crew. For example, if Ryan Clark had been playing? I doubt that final pass play would've been so wide open. Had Hampton and Keisel both been sidelined by injuries before the 1st quarter ended? Well, we could assume the Steeler D would've looked all game like it did in the 1st quarter when it was pressuring Tebow and forcing 3&outs. Notice how the 2nd quarter was a huge blowup in score then almost NOTHING allowed after that for Denver? A sign of a defense suddenly having to make huge adjustments in their game, and still Denver almost didn't win.
Offensively I felt commentators were making too much of just Ben's injury. Ok, so he can't take off running down the field. He was still extending plays and doing decent. Redman did well running, but clearly Pittsburgh was hurting by not having Mendenhall to help carry some of the load, and didn't trust Clay (who has been on the team for all of about three weeks) to perform well.

Then there was the officiating...oh god...the officiating. I was having flashbacks to the '05 playoff game in Indy.
No flag for a pass interference by Denver, while Pittsburgh got nailed with an identical flag later on.
TWICE Pittsburgh receivers in defenseless positions had blatantly lunging/head-leading hits laid on them with no flag from officials. Wallace was lucky he was already bent backwards somewhat, or he likely would've suffered a major concussion.
Two horribly blatant holding calls missed on Denvers' offensive line during very long pocket plays.
A bullshit flag for roughing the passer, but it was James Harrison so that makes it ok.
ALLOWING FOX TO PICK UP HIS CHALLENGE FLAG!
Overturning a Wallace reception when no camera angle showed definitively that the ball struck the ground and camera angles showed Wallace's forearm under the ball.

I swear, this reffing crew needs to be fired immediately following this game, and be glad they were not in Pittsburgh.

And the NFL will hype Tebow all they can to try to deflect from the ugly reffing that went on. Denver will not be long in these playoffs, and I look forward to a healthy Pittsburgh getting a chance to play a fair game against them.

Damn. What a load of whining. What is it with all the Pennsylvania sports and their fans that they do this? I live in Georgia and here's my assessment: The Falcons got their asses whipped.
I do like the Bronco's and the Patriots. But I seriously doubt the Bronco's stand any chance against the Patriots.
Again, no mention on your part of the intentional facemasks, at least three that I saw, nor the holding from the Steelers linesmen, nor the reality that BY RULE a play that is not challengeable, as the one you are now bitching about again, and which has already been pointed out to you, is allowed to be picked up after the official informs the coach they cannot challenge it.
Nor any mention of the backward pass that, by rule, should actually have been a fumble and the ball given to the Bronco's, instead of given back the Steelers.
Ir you're going to harp about the officiating, get it right and, as you've already been told, point out both sides flaws.
And the roughing the passing call was actually spot on. You are not allowed to take a step after the pass is gone and still hit the QB. Harrison knows this.

I'll respond again.
There was maybe 1 intentional facemask that might've been worth flagging. It happened in a scrum where replay can show it just fine, but is hard for officials to see. What irritates me more is how Tebow was barely incidentally facemasked once (a lineman blindly reached to try grabbing him, got a handful of mask and let go in an instant) and started crying like he'd been molested.
Holding goes both ways, and really Denver got away with a couple awfully blatant ones.
The coach should be aware of what he can and cannot challenge. Ball whistled dead, he can only challenge the spot. How many damn fans know this and they let him pick up his flag?
As for the pass/fumble? Should it have been a fumble? Sure.

Both teams got away with some stuff, Denver got away with a hell of a lot more. And btw, I never said the refs lost the game for Pittsburgh, so stuff it with your judgements of fan groups 'whining'. I'm allowed to vent frustrations about all aspects of a bad game for my team and call people to task for undue praise for Tebow.

Any Fans of a Team that has won 6 ******** SUPERBOWLS. Have No Right to Complain about ANYTHING.

Shut Up and quit your whining. You are not the Cleveland Browns.

Super Spirit

I suppose my prediction was a tad off.

4,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
You forgot Aaron Rodgers!!!
Lost but found maiden
You forgot Aaron Rodgers!!!

He's not even invited to the conversation for another few years.
Wow. Steelers are kicking Hines Ward to the curb hard. And, looks like, soon, Irsay is going to kick old Peyton in the nuts. Should be an interesting off season.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff