Welcome to Gaia! ::

black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Cookie Icer
Excellent week of football for me! 49ers had an awesome win against Green Bay. (Not going to take anything away from the Packers, they came back in the 4th and made it close.) Most of my predictions going into week 1 were correct, a few I got wrong.

And nothing against the 9ers, but I can't call anything about that game "awesome", given the questionable officiating. I don't mind the Packers losing, it's just a game. But those refs...Even Troy Aikman couldn't keep quiet about the level of bullshit, going on. That ruined what would've otherwise indeed been an awesome game.

Quote:
Giants vs. Cowboys- I thought the G-men would start off their Superbowl defense with a win. Instead suffered a tough loss against a division Rival.

Nevermind that the Cowboys are my second favorite team, I will say that even a reigning champion is subject to off-season rust collection.

Quote:
With two games left to be played Monday night, and Denver on the verge of wrapping up a win against Pittsburgh, so far all of my other pics were correct. I'm so excited! Thank God Football is Back!

Yeah, I'm not off to a great start, on my picks. sweatdrop

the bad calls went against both teams to be honest, on the Packers/Niners game.

I know that. My point isn't that either team got "cheated", or anything, but that the officiating was horrible, and kinda ruined the game.

I do know I've lost what little respect I had for Rodgers after welching on his bet to wear Smith's Jersey for a week if he lost. Then trying to back track and say it was a 'joke' between friends. You know damn good and well had they won, he'd have overnighted one of his jerseys to Boys to Men.

Super Spirit

Bad start for Peyton tonight.

Edit: Really bad start...(3rd pick).

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Well, Broncos lost.

Beloved Regular

7,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Lost? It's only 13 points...and this is still Peyton Manning.

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Oh look, there's still hope.

Beloved Regular

7,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Man, that Ravens v. Patriots game was a real NAIL BITER! Almost lost 30k in gaia gold on that one... Nice job on that last drive, Flaaco.

Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
One of the most bizarre endings to a football game I've seen in a while...

Not even a Packers fan, but...WOW. That was a pick, I don't understand how they ruled it a completion.

The refs are getting progressively worse every week...please...we need the old refs back.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Between that "touchdown," and the defensive PI where the Seattle WR decided to make himself Shields's human cape, I think it's time to get rid of these replacement refs. What did they do, shave a bunch of homeless guys and dress them up in old Foot Locker uniforms? What a joke. Where do they even find these clowns?

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
I'm a huge Packers fan. That was total bs by the refs. If it was any other teams playin' I would feel bad for them as well.

Hilarious Lunatic

Disgusting end to the Pack/Hawks game. The replacement refs and their incompetence have officially cost a team a win. The integrity of the game has been damaged and the NFL needs to bring back the regular refs NOW.

Angelic Man-Lover

22,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
What did I watch between Packs/Hawks? I finally catch a Packs game and this happens. I even missed the new episode of Bones for it. This is a bunch of bollocks. The replacement refs are terrible. The clear winner of the game was right in front of them. Honestly! *rages about her team not winning when clearly they should have won*

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
This could make a huge impact down the road once playoffs hit. Say if the Packers would miss winnin' their devision, or miss gettin' into the playoffs. Because of the bad calls by the refs in this game.

Super Spirit

One of the craziest and most controversial endings to a game I've seen!

If this doesn't get the regular refs back...I don't know what will.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
At what point do the NFL just step in and strike the ref's call from the record?

These guys HAVE to be ******** people over intentionally. Nobody can be that balls-out stupid, on a professional payroll...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Darc Nightgale
I'm a huge Packers fan. That was total bs by the refs. If it was any other teams playin' I would feel bad for them as well.

You know what? I don't even care that it was the Packers that got ******** over. As big a die-hard Packers fan as I may be, I'd be just as outraged if the pendulum swung the other way, here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff