Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Washington Redskins finally snap their 6 game losing streak.
What a Clever SN
Good evening Football fans. Haven't been to this thread in such a long time, years. Literally.

I do remember some great conversations on here, though I fear all my former colleagues have found some greener pastures. xD

Anyway, Chiefs fan here; season hasn't been so sweet to me. Jamal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Eric Barry all being gone with injuries, an undersized offensive line, now a backup QB; where should the Chiefs go from here? Obviously it's a look to the draft, but who are we to pick up that can make a significant difference for the red and yellow?

Well, this is still a good season I think for this young developing team; hopefully we can upset the Steelers this week; but the Arrowhead Faithful are certainly facing some rough circumstances.

Regardless, from 0-16; to 16-0 go Chiefs!

You guys definately need a better QB than Cassel. Also your secondary is emotion_puke
homelesscookie
What a Clever SN
Good evening Football fans. Haven't been to this thread in such a long time, years. Literally.

I do remember some great conversations on here, though I fear all my former colleagues have found some greener pastures. xD

Anyway, Chiefs fan here; season hasn't been so sweet to me. Jamal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Eric Barry all being gone with injuries, an undersized offensive line, now a backup QB; where should the Chiefs go from here? Obviously it's a look to the draft, but who are we to pick up that can make a significant difference for the red and yellow?

Well, this is still a good season I think for this young developing team; hopefully we can upset the Steelers this week; but the Arrowhead Faithful are certainly facing some rough circumstances.

You guys definately need a better QB than Cassel. Also your secondary is emotion_puke

Are you kidding? Brandon Flowers is incredible, Brandon Carr would start most places, even Javier Arenas, our nickle back has made some thoroughly impressive plays this year. Kendrick Lewis is improving every game, and Eric Barry is injured, but, spectacular when available. I can agree Cassel isn't going to be the reason we win games, but our secondary is an A when everyone is together. It's when you have Sabby Piscatelli or Rashard Langford on the field that we suffer.
What a Clever SN
homelesscookie
What a Clever SN

Are you kidding? Brandon Flowers is incredible, Brandon Carr would start most places, even Javier Arenas, our nickle back has made some thoroughly impressive plays this year. Kendrick Lewis is improving every game, and Eric Barry is injured, but, spectacular when available. I can agree Cassel isn't going to be the reason we win games, but our secondary is an A when everyone is together. It's when you have Sabby Piscatelli or Rashard Langford on the field that we suffer.

The only player from that list that I know is Flowers. I do know that you're 153-265 in terms of points. You guys are giving up about 24 points in a game. And if you can't put up 24 on offense, then you need to play better D. You guys need to play like in that Oakland game.
homelesscookie
What a Clever SN
homelesscookie
What a Clever SN

The only player from that list that I know is Flowers. I do know that you're 153-265 in terms of points. You guys are giving up about 24 points in a game. And if you can't put up 24 on offense, then you need to play better D. You guys need to play like in that Oakland game.
Our problem on defense isn't that our secondary isn't good, they're a darn solid group. It's that our defensive line generates no pressure, and we're completely dependent on Tomba Hali to even have a hope of getting to the QB. Our first round draft picks from LSU, Dorsey and Jackson are both total busts, and are part of a long list of failed defensive linemen drafted early by the Chiefs over the last 10 years, like Ryan Sims(8th overall), Alex Magee, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, or Junior Siavii. None of which by the way, are contributing, or even on the roster. You'd think we could hit on ONE top 3 round draft pick along the DL, but the best guy we've drafted at D-line since the 80's is Jared Allen, and we shipped him away.
The other definite problem the Chiefs have is that our offensive line is undersized. Brandon Albert is good, Lilja is decent, but, Weigmann is just too old, Barry Richardson can't pull, and gets destroyed by speed rushers, and anyone else on the line is just.. well, too bad to even want to mention. I was hoping Jared Gaither would play somewhat decent, but he can't even beat out Richardson for the starting job at RT.

Chiefs have a great receiving core, Jamal Charles who is one of the fastest players I've ever seen in the NFL(when healthy), a few good linebackers, good depth at corner, a soon to be All-Pro safety(also, when healthy), and we've got an awesome Mr. Irrelevant kicking for us.

Unfortunately, the QB, and the lines on both sides of the ball need some serious workover. There's a part of every Chiefs fan praying the Colts take Luck, and somehow we can get Peyton, but the odds of that are slim to none. And I bet Todd Haley would rather say "I believe in our guys." than pick up someone who immediately turns us into contenders.
What a Clever SN
homelesscookie
What a Clever SN
homelesscookie
What a Clever SN

Our problem on defense isn't that our secondary isn't good, they're a darn solid group. It's that our defensive line generates no pressure, and we're completely dependent on Tomba Hali to even have a hope of getting to the QB. Our first round draft picks from LSU, Dorsey and Jackson are both total busts, and are part of a long list of failed defensive linemen drafted early by the Chiefs over the last 10 years, like Ryan Sims(8th overall), Alex Magee, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, or Junior Siavii. None of which by the way, are contributing, or even on the roster. You'd think we could hit on ONE top 3 round draft pick along the DL, but the best guy we've drafted at D-line since the 80's is Jared Allen, and we shipped him away.
The other definite problem the Chiefs have is that our offensive line is undersized. Brandon Albert is good, Lilja is decent, but, Weigmann is just too old, Barry Richardson can't pull, and gets destroyed by speed rushers, and anyone else on the line is just.. well, too bad to even want to mention. I was hoping Jared Gaither would play somewhat decent, but he can't even beat out Richardson for the starting job at RT.

Chiefs have a great receiving core, Jamal Charles who is one of the fastest players I've ever seen in the NFL(when healthy), a few good linebackers, good depth at corner, a soon to be All-Pro safety(also, when healthy), and we've got an awesome Mr. Irrelevant kicking for us.

Unfortunately, the QB, and the lines on both sides of the ball need some serious workover. There's a part of every Chiefs fan praying the Colts take Luck, and somehow we can get Peyton, but the odds of that are slim to none. And I bet Todd Haley would rather say "I believe in our guys." than pick up someone who immediately turns us into contenders.

Well, if you're DL can't get a good push, then you're secondary will have to work harder. So maybe that's why I don't see them making big plays. Peyton just signed a contract extension at the beginning of the season, and if he says next year that he can still play, then I don't see why Indi wouldn't keep him. I feel so bad for Indi, though. They go from playoffs one year to a winless season the next. I've never seen a team fall apart like this. They deserve Luck at this point. And if Peyton retires next year (which he should), then Indi should really think about keeping him around on the coaching staff. I say he should retire because Peyton is thick-headed enough to risk his health for this game. He needs to really think about his life after football. He's already a sure first ballot hall of famer. It's a shame, really, because he's the last old-skool QB that we're going to see.
Azriel_eph210
I wonder how long it will take for Kyle Ortin to get used to Kansas City's offense... BTW, tough luck on that Detroit call.

There's enough time for Kyle Orton to be ready to get a little payback
against Denver in the regular season finale.
Well, I went eleven of sixteen last week, not a bad ratio. I also chose some which I knew better than, but that's why they're called spoilers. So...let's see if I can do any better this week.

Philly at Seahawks. Gonna have to pick the Seahawks. The 12th man is formidable, and the Eagles find ways to lose.
Tennessee at Buffalo: Tennessee continues to improve. Bills continue to self destruct.
Chiefs vs. Bears. Indians know not to ******** with Bears. This will show why. Should be rough.
Atlanta vs. Houston. If Houston had their QB's, I'd easily pick them. But...Damn. Ryan gets it.
Oakland at Miami: Phins fall for the second week in a row.
Denver at Minnesota: Does anyone doubt this? Tebowtime in the snow!!!
Colts at New England: Seriously, is anyone in doubt on this?
Cincy at Pitt. This is fun. Cincy MUST win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Pitt MUST win if they hope to overtake the Ravens. Pitt takes it.
Carolina at Tampa: Giving it to Newton. He's better than Freeman.
Jets at Redskins: Does anyone care? Which Sanchez shows up? Which Grossman? This is like watching Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles box. It's horrifying, but you...just...can't...look...away!!! Jets stumble to a win.
Baltimore at Cleveland: Funny, considering the Ravens used to be the Browns. (Anyone on here actually old enough to remember that besides me?) And...the curse stayed behind in Cleveland. Ravens teach the dogs to heel.
Dallas at Arizona: Cowboys continue on their path to the playoffs.
Green Bay at Giants: Green Bay. Tired of trying to get them knocked off the perfect season.
Saint Louis at Niners: No goats available, so it looks like the Miners will settle for a sacrificial Ram instead.
Detroit at New Orleans: Even before Suh showed he's retarded, I'd have picked the Saints. Now? This is going to get ugly.
San Diego at Jacksonville: Damn. This may well be the ugliest game of the week. Gabbert fleeing every time a lineman farts and Rivers just looking lost. Not that it matters. I'll pick the Chargers. Turner hasn't been fired....YET.

Quotable Roisterer

Cola Addict
Azriel_eph210
I wonder how long it will take for Kyle Ortin to get used to Kansas City's offense... BTW, tough luck on that Detroit call.

I highly doubt Kyle Orton will get the chance for much payback. Von Miller is easily the defensive Rookie of the Year, and he and Elvis Dumervil have been playing out of their minds thanks to the inspiration of He-Who-Is-Named-Tebow. Their high school option offense is going to keep the ball out of Orton's hands, not to mention the Chiefs run defense is near the bottom of the NFL, despite their talented secondary. I expect it not to be a fun game for the Chiefs. Or Orton.

All I'm going to say about Turner is it's time to go. He's had way too many opportunities and a lot of talent, and barely a handful of playoff wins to show for it.
Celestiality_612
Cola Addict
Azriel_eph210

I highly doubt Kyle Orton will get the chance for much payback. Von Miller is easily the defensive Rookie of the Year, and he and Elvis Dumervil have been playing out of their minds thanks to the inspiration of He-Who-Is-Named-Tebow. Their high school option offense is going to keep the ball out of Orton's hands, not to mention the Chiefs run defense is near the bottom of the NFL, despite their talented secondary. I expect it not to be a fun game for the Chiefs. Or Orton.

All I'm going to say about Turner is it's time to go. He's had way too many opportunities and a lot of talent, and barely a handful of playoff wins to show for it.

Know why Tebow is tearing up defenses in the fourth? Because the entire defensive structure, and the players drafted for it, are geared toward stopping passing attacks. The run is something done to 'keep defenses honest', and not usually a mainstay of the offense.
Then...Tebow shows up, John Fox says 'Hey!! This offense was actually one of the founding offenses in the NFL, and still works great in college! Let's try a spread option in the NFL with elite players surrounding a QB that could be a full back!"
Suddenly, everyone starts bitching. Why? Because he's not playing like everyone else. He isn't interested in attempting to pass for four hundred yards. He'll run for 100 or so, and so will the rest of the offense.
Look at the Chargers. How did Tebow get away with it? He watched the DE come off the corner, and then put the ball out for the hand off. The moment the DE committed to going for the RB, Tebow pulled the ball in and took off, a wide open path in front of him.
Defenses aren't geared to stop him, and one week isn't enough time. By breaking the mold, he may actually hurt a lot of good teams.
So.....Donavan Mc Nabb requested to be waived from
Minnesota.
Cola Addict
So.....Donavan Mc Nabb requested to be waived from
Minnesota.

That's like Stevie Wonder saying he no longer wants to be your stating pitcher in MLB. Not a major loss, and may actually improve the team, since it opens a slot.
I'm not surprised the Eagles lost. I am surprised about the level of a** beating they took.

piIot's Honey Bun

Business Tycoon

dream team hurrr durrr

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out