Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stacie LaVelle
nobounce the 2nd
Semi Aquatic Mammal
nobounce the 2nd

love jumbo. and pavs and burnzie and patty and couture.

once we get rolling the pacific's ours

Home town team is also in the pacific (Sharks have been my fav though since coming into the league), and well the phrase this season of "road trip of death" when having to play the three Cali teams could not be more true. The Ducks are looking crazy strong this year, The Ducks, Sharks, Blues and Hawks are going to be beasts come playoff time.

California vs the Great Lakes/Upper Midwest.
ducks aren't going to make it to playoffs and if they do they are gonna fall out in the beginning. they come on too strong during the regular season, by the end of it they are completely burnt out.
For the guy who mentioned a hockey guild I would be extremely interested in posting and helping out in it. Anyways im loving team USA's roster. They are a more in your face scrappy kind of team which im sure Bylsma will have them play. The instant chemistry of Martin and Orpik is nice too. Im shocked at the lack of Bobby Ryan but I saw somewhere that he doesn't grind/play intense which isn't true of the other players on team USA.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
YourWickedness
For the guy who mentioned a hockey guild I would be extremely interested in posting and helping out in it. Anyways im loving team USA's roster. They are a more in your face scrappy kind of team which im sure Bylsma will have them play. The instant chemistry of Martin and Orpik is nice too. Im shocked at the lack of Bobby Ryan but I saw somewhere that he doesn't grind/play intense which isn't true of the other players on team USA.

Sweet! We will have to get on that then.

Yeah, the lack of Bobby Ryan surprised me as well but the powers that be have their reasons for leaving him off I guess...

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Canes are on a roll. Makes for a happy me.

Hilarious Genius

nobounce the 2nd
Riimmy
nobounce the 2nd
Riimmy
nobounce the 2nd

Looks to be that way, and probably will be for some time. A west team will take the Cup this year.

hahaha the West always dominates... It really means nothing.

True however i cannot remember the last time there were so many teams in the west that were so dominate over the east teams. It is just crazy ridiculous this year.

yea, but I wouldn't underestimate some of the teams in the East especially since there's half a season left ( plus the olympic, I'm actually excited to see what team USA can do with Byslma as head coach )

All true, the only team in the east that up to this point i think could cause trouble for a west team would be Boston. True to your point the olympic break always seems to screw all the teams up once they get back to playing. Byslma is a great coach, as for team USA i really dont know how they could keep Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle were left off the team, especially Yandle. I could see the medal rounds being purely european/russian clubs potentially.

The Penguins have caused Western teams some problem already. They might not have as many points (because they haven't played as much overtime as the western teams) Also this is a team that lost over 200 man games and has the best stats in the league (well now tied with the ducks and tied with the ducks for the most wins). Penguins even got a few players back yesterday, plus if Shero (gm) can make some magic happen again and get Kane.
The Pens are really coming together their depth is amazing. I think you cant dismiss Fleury from team Canada either hes come around since last year whether its the new goalie coach or being the definite number one guy who knows. It would be awesome if GM Ray Shero could get a winger like Kane or Cammalleri to play with Sid.

Stubborn Strategist

Really shocked to see Rick Nash made team Canada over the likes of Giroux, St. Louis, and even Neal who in my opinion is currently the better pure goal scorer.

Who do you think captains teams in the Olympics? Im going Suter with USA, Crosby with Canada, Jagr with Czech Republic, Chara with Slovakia, Zetterberg for Sweden, Finland is tough as is Russia. Im thinking Russia should have Ovechkin or Malkin be captain but they will probably pick Kovalchuk because he was "loyal" enough to stay in Mother Russia.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
YourWickedness
Really shocked to see Rick Nash made team Canada over the likes of Giroux, St. Louis, and even Neal who in my opinion is currently the better pure goal scorer.

Who do you think captains teams in the Olympics? Im going Suter with USA, Crosby with Canada, Jagr with Czech Republic, Chara with Slovakia, Zetterberg for Sweden, Finland is tough as is Russia. Im thinking Russia should have Ovechkin or Malkin be captain but they will probably pick Kovalchuk because he was "loyal" enough to stay in Mother Russia.

Yeah, I was surprised there was no Giroux. I think it's going to be a tough call as far as who is going to win the games this year.
Pucked Up
YourWickedness

Yeah, I was surprised there was no Giroux. I think it's going to be a tough call as far as who is going to win the games this year.

Im going to go with USA they have more of a "team". They have grinders and pure goal scorers on their team. They have good defensemen and good goalies. Canada's offense is stacked as is their defense but their goalie situation looks a little shaky. Russias defense is abysmal and they have too many KHLers who simply cant hang with NHLers from USA or Canada. Although I wouldn't be shocked if a team like Finland or Sweden got a hot goalie and won a bunch of games.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This is true, but at the same time... Team USA doesn't really have anything extraordinary. Ordinary players with great talent, but no one that's a sure shoe-in for winning gold. Canada has great depth but you're right, the goalie situation isn't one to overlook.
I like that team USA has some instant chemistry with Dan Byslma coaching Brooks Orpik and Paul Martin. They are primarily used as the Pens shutdown defensive pairing which I think helps them out when playing other teams. I remember Canada having Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook in 2010 and it helped them greatly.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
YourWickedness
I like that team USA has some instant chemistry with Dan Byslma coaching Brooks Orpik and Paul Martin. They are primarily used as the Pens shutdown defensive pairing which I think helps them out when playing other teams. I remember Canada having Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook in 2010 and it helped them greatly.

Orpik and Martin will work well together, especially under Bylsma. Canada just seems more solid at the moment- but that could be all the hype. Sometimes the lower radar players put out the greatest effort thus securing wins. As much as I like the Canadian players, when the Olympics come around I can't help but show my USA pride. Here's hoping they shock the world and bring home the gold.
Yeah definitely going for USA being American and all. Really looking forward to watching the Olympics. Did anyone ever wonder if having a coach in the Olympics is a benefit when it comes to luring free agents? For example lets say Ryan Callahan who is a UFA at years end loves playing for Bylsma and realizes he does well in his system, is he willing to take a slight paycut or even simply come to Ray Shero himself and say hey id love to play for Coach Dan and play on the Penguins.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
YourWickedness
Yeah definitely going for USA being American and all. Really looking forward to watching the Olympics. Did anyone ever wonder if having a coach in the Olympics is a benefit when it comes to luring free agents? For example lets say Ryan Callahan who is a UFA at years end loves playing for Bylsma and realizes he does well in his system, is he willing to take a slight paycut or even simply come to Ray Shero himself and say hey id love to play for Coach Dan and play on the Penguins.

..I had never thought of that possibility before but you know, now that you point it out, it could be a great 'scouting' opportunity. It's a great way to make connections nonetheless.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff