Welcome to Gaia! ::

two game 7's! LETS GO SHARKS! LETS GO WINGS!

Shirtless Shapeshifter

midnight_angel628
It's amusing to see all of you wishing your teams make it so far. Unfortunately, the Boston Bruins will win the Stanley Cup this year.

They actually have to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in a game first... Just saying

Mega Noob

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Cosmopoliitan
midnight_angel628
It's amusing to see all of you wishing your teams make it so far. Unfortunately, the Boston Bruins will win the Stanley Cup this year.

They actually have to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in a game first... Just saying
They're scheduled to on Saturday =D
midnight_angel628
Cosmopoliitan
midnight_angel628

They're scheduled to on Saturday =D
Bruins are going down! I'm predicting a six game series!
This is a really bad situation for me since I hate all the teams left in the playoffs. It's between Chicago and meteor for me. Though it would be awesome to see an Original Six final.

Time-traveling Senshi

Aww man really NHL an afternoon game on Saturday. Don't they know what happened the last time they scheduled an afternoon game on a Saturday for us during the playoffs? We lost the damn thing and nearly lost the series because we lost the next two games after that. The Blackhawks can not play Saturday afternoon playoff games.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Come on Kings!
i wonder if sid would have shoved chara if there wasn't a ref standing between them. probably not. he is such a little b***h sometimes.
Yeah, it's looking like a Boston-Chicago Final. Which, incidentally, would be the first all-Original Six matchup since 1979 (Canadiens/Rangers).
Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Dan Boyle have one-year left on their respective deals. Last chance for a cup run in 2014 or else Doug Wilson is fired.
Schnieder for Bo Horvat? That might be a bad trade in the future for the Canucks.
User Image
High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing...

Sharks announced new jerseys today:
User Image

I'm not a fan, there was nothing wrong with their previous ones and these look like either practice jerseys or cheap knock-offs in my opinion. The players love them because they're much lighter, so at least something good comes from it. Seriously, that's how the GM sold them in the press release, 'They'll make the players faster because they're lighter material.' ಠ_ಠ

At least the aways are better, they remind me of the 90s a bit~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
...Everything else is just figure skating.

Wanna make 'em lighter? Drop the stupid front numbers!

They used to be able to knit in the different colored stripes... then again, the jerseys didn't have two dozen or so panels. There has to be a better way...

Overall, though, yeah, it's nice to see the Sharks go back to plain shoulders, but the incomplete removal of orange striping was lame, and the removal of the waist stripes is disappointing.

Oh, and can we stop with the stupid "traditional" laces? The only reason they're called "traditional" is that they were once worn with the old Original Six unis (except for Detroit). You know what else is a "traditional" jersey element? WOOL. But I don't see them going back to that on the ice, do you?

40 years ago, most of the NHL had dropped the laces, with some of the expansion teams never adopting them in the first place. By 1978 the last holdout - the Sabres - had dropped them. And then the Rangers had to pick them up again in 1997, starting this whole ridiculous trend... wahmbulance okay, I've said enough.
Hockey seasons right around the corner.
Man, I can't wait.

Not sure if Alfredsson will bring any value to the Wings, but we'll see...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff