Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loki_GodofLies
What all do you guys think of the trades going on? Anyone you would have traded and for who? Or any trade you disliked this season?
Luongo's probably going to Florida. That's the only trade I can think of.
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Thread is totally inactive..

Stanley Cup comes down to just the Kings and Devils! My guess is Kings in 7, but I don't know.. the Devils are playing damn good. Kovalchuk is posessed.
I'm surprised how dead it is myself. Hockey threads are slow here apparently.

Yep, it seems that way.

So guys.. Luongo/Brodeur have new destinations on mind.. could be interesting.

Luongo goes to florida or stays in Vancouver. Don't want him in Toronto.

Brodeur, anything can happen. Wouldn't mind seeing a veteran goaltender in Toronto for one year at least until they can find a good long term goaltender if Reimer/Scrivens not good enough.

I want to know who gets Parise and Nash too although Toronto probably won't get either since they don't need a centre more.

By the way did anyone hear about this?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/25/islanders-reportedly-offered-blue-jackets-all-of-their-draft-picks/

If this is true, Blue Jackets GM is an idiot for refusing that and Islander's GM is stupid for offering something like that.

xd Yeah, I heard about the offer.. that's just lame.

Apparently the latest offer has been Lupul + 1st for Mason Raymond/Roberto Luongo.. which such a shitty trade. Toronto should just stick to Reimer/Scrivens because Vancouver is asking for way too much.
Yeah I heard of that too. I heard Bernier wants to leave, I would just wait until next year to see what opens up. I don't want Luongo at all and the asking price for Nash is too high. (side note, did you know Yakupov is Muslim? I find that interesting)

Yeah, there's slight chances that Bernier may move to the Maple Leafs apparently. Quick got his hectic extension, so I'd be surprised if they didn't move Bernier lol

I did hear about Yakupov, he announced it in one of his interviews.. pretty cool to see more fellow Muslims play.

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Science Professor
Loki_GodofLies
What all do you guys think of the trades going on? Anyone you would have traded and for who? Or any trade you disliked this season?

He's going to Flordia? Awww I like him in Vancouver crying

Dapper Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
So, Hasek wants to get back into the NHL, that's pretty awesome. I loved watching his crazy goaltending style. Since the Sabres denied him I hear he may try for the Lightening, and if so I think I'll have to drive up four hours a few times just to see him play. What can I say, goalies are one of my favorite parts of the game.

Loki_GodofLies

He thinks his time in Vancouver is at an end. If you think about it, though, how many times have we traded or otherwise swapped players? The Panthers and Canucks have a relationship akin to that of the Kings and Flyers, so it isn't too far, metaphorically. Physically I think Vancouver and Florida may be the two furthest teams from each other.

dragonblade629
I've also heard from a guy, who heard it from his dad who heard it from Steve Goldstein (Panthers TV Play-By-Play Announcer), so this is just a rumour, that the Panthers will make a conscious effort for Luongo. Also the President of the Panthers Tweeted he is going to Vegas for an important dinner tonight. You know who else is in Vegas right now? Roberto Luongo. If this deal happens we'll have Theodore, Clemmenson (Who needs to stay in the backup position no matter what), Luongo, Markstrom, and Houser. I believe a "Why can't I hold all these ____ " macro would be appropriate.

To add to that, when a poker player from Miami at the WSP said that Luongo used to play down here, he said, coyly, that he might be coming back. Then he regained his poker face. God do I love that man, it'd be awesome if he does come back.
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh

Yep, it seems that way.

So guys.. Luongo/Brodeur have new destinations on mind.. could be interesting.

Luongo goes to florida or stays in Vancouver. Don't want him in Toronto.

Brodeur, anything can happen. Wouldn't mind seeing a veteran goaltender in Toronto for one year at least until they can find a good long term goaltender if Reimer/Scrivens not good enough.

I want to know who gets Parise and Nash too although Toronto probably won't get either since they don't need a centre more.

By the way did anyone hear about this?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/25/islanders-reportedly-offered-blue-jackets-all-of-their-draft-picks/

If this is true, Blue Jackets GM is an idiot for refusing that and Islander's GM is stupid for offering something like that.

xd Yeah, I heard about the offer.. that's just lame.

Apparently the latest offer has been Lupul + 1st for Mason Raymond/Roberto Luongo.. which such a shitty trade. Toronto should just stick to Reimer/Scrivens because Vancouver is asking for way too much.
Yeah I heard of that too. I heard Bernier wants to leave, I would just wait until next year to see what opens up. I don't want Luongo at all and the asking price for Nash is too high. (side note, did you know Yakupov is Muslim? I find that interesting)

Yeah, there's slight chances that Bernier may move to the Maple Leafs apparently. Quick got his hectic extension, so I'd be surprised if they didn't move Bernier lol

I did hear about Yakupov, he announced it in one of his interviews.. pretty cool to see more fellow Muslims play.
All we need is more brown people to play in the NHL.
Loki_GodofLies
Science Professor
Loki_GodofLies

Possibly, not certain. He may stay.

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Science Professor
Loki_GodofLies
Science Professor
Loki_GodofLies

I hope he stays
Loki_GodofLies
Science Professor
Loki_GodofLies
Science Professor
Loki_GodofLies

I hope he stays
I just hope he doesn't come to Toronto.

Dapper Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
I'm in the outlier of Florida fans by hoping he comes back down here. I think he might be more comfortable with the market, and no doubt being close to his family would be good for his morale. I really want him down here, though, so he could help Markstrom perfect his playing. They both are butterfly goalies and it isn't hard to say that Roberto Luongo is one of the greatest butterfly goalies to play, at least one of the best active goaltenders. Markstrom definitely has the potential to be the next great one in the crease, he just needs to hone his skills.

Conservative Genius

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Parise leaves to go home -- $$$$$ signing bonus > going home as an excuse

Lunatic

Julian Meloni
Parise leaves to go home -- $$$$$ signing bonus > going home as an excuse

yep
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Rick Nash.

What a steal for NYR.
Jasperoni
User Image
THE OFFICIAL GAIAN HOCKEY THREAD
The Second Largest Body in the Sports Forum
Formerly the Largest Body in the Recycle Bin ~ Circa 2009

Welcome to the Official Gaian Hockey Thread! The original thread dates back to September 2004 and was killed during Gaia's thread movement. The NHL Chat Version 2.0 came back in 2005, and now the Hockey spirit lives on in the Official Gaian Hockey Thread! Come in and chat about any topic of Hockey you like, everyone is welcome, but please read the rules before posting.

-Thread Rules-
Follow the Gaian ToS
No Flaming
No Trolling
No Spamming
No Bumping
No Leetspeak
No Advertising
No video game discussions
No Puck Bunny discussions
No off-topic discussions

User Image

LA kings...enough said :p

Dapper Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
Science Professor
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Rick Nash.

What a steal for NYR.

The Atlantic is really going to be stacked next season. Well, more stacked than usual.

I Am Batman11
LA kings...enough said :p

Did you just quote the OP? o_O

Conservative Genius

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
nash to the rags??? good move bad move?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff