Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, don't I just suck. Look at all the NHL chat I've been missing. xd

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
LilXRay
ERRORCode2002
Why would Atlanta be bad? They've got great offensive talent... if they picked him up and then worked on their defensive woes with trades and such, I think they could be a force in the next few years.

Yea, Atlanta could be a contender in the playoffs as long as Dany Heatley and Ilya Kovalchuk stay healthy be useful for their team, even though I'm a Canucks' fan xp
Not right now they wouldn't... no defense, and no goalie. I don't think their GM realizes that hockey involves keeping the puck out of their own net too.

Ta da. You just answered your question to why Atlanta would be bad for Crosby. He needs a good defence to force that puck up to him. Those teams I named have that. (excluding New Jersey, but they have no skilled wingers for him to play with)
Well, if we're talking immediate success, then yeah, Atlanta would be bad. But if they build around those 3 and put in a good D and goalie, then I can see them doing very well.

Then again, it all boils down to management. I'm surprised that their management hasn't realized that goaltending has been their Achilles' heel since they started.
raposo
GO LEAFS GO biggrin biggrin biggrin
Thank you for leaving stare
Lydia Necro
AKILLA
LilXRay
ERRORCode2002
Why would Atlanta be bad? They've got great offensive talent... if they picked him up and then worked on their defensive woes with trades and such, I think they could be a force in the next few years.

Yea, Atlanta could be a contender in the playoffs as long as Dany Heatley and Ilya Kovalchuk stay healthy be useful for their team, even though I'm a Canucks' fan xp

I could see Heatley-Crosby-Kovalchuck and I think that would be a scoring threat.

As much as I wish that could happen, I doubt it ever will. Atlanta needs a lot of good...everything. I wish they stayed as the atlanta flames instead of moving to calgary stressed

I don't the Calgary Flames have been quite a success. I also highly believe that Canada should have more teams considering hockey is a huge thing here. We sell games out. Most american teams struggle to fill half an arena.

As for Atlanta in the future, Kovulchuk and Heatley will be long gone by the time Atlanta gets their act together. Heck, their kids will be getting ready to be drafted by the time that happens. Crosby on Atlanta? No thank you. Another death sentence to a promising career is not needed.

Besides I do believe he wants to stay in Canada. Much like Gretzky he would prefer to stay where he was born. I think most Canadians would prefer to see him in Canada. I know I do.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Jasperoni
I don't the Calgary Flames have been quite a success. I also highly believe that Canada should have more teams considering hockey is a huge thing here. We sell games out. Most american teams struggle to fill half an arena.

I agree that hockey's better with more Canadian teams, but the attendance difference isn't that bad. Even with how bad the Blackhawks attendance is, they average at about 65% a game.
Jasperoni
pikamonie
are u canadian?

There is always one person who quotes the first post. Just another one of my peeves.

i love hockey
i love claregy
Rottin_Robie
i love claregy

It's spelt Calgary (For sure that's the city you're trying to say)
Rottin_Robie
i love claregy

Wow. Now that is the biggest typo ever if that even is a typo. xd

Like AKILLA said, it's Calgary. Not claregy.. sweatdrop

The only reason Chicago does so bad is cause their team isn't doing very well. Once all those players they picked up in the draft start making sparks you will see all the fair weather fans come out and Chcago will have a sold out game every night. That 65% consists of the die hard season ticket holders and the people who either just decided to go see a Blackhawks game because they had nothing better to do or won / received the tickets from somewhere.

Those places are just average hockey cities. But go to Vancouver or Calgary alone and you will find massive ammounts of die hards. Just look at the Vancouver vs Calgary first round series. Games at GM Place (Vancouver) the crowd was a white and blue wave while waving their white Canuck towels. Then you go to the Saddledome (Calgary) and the entire arena is wearing red, no towels, but the sea of red looked really cool.

The only other team to ever pull that off would have to be Phoenix with the sea of white. But they had to give out those tshirts and towels. Vancouver and Calgary there wasn't anything handed out except those white Canucks towels. Even then all the fans were wearing a jersey and sporting a hat.

Thats what makes the game fun up here, all the motivation of the playoffs. Down there its just another day to most people. Of course you will have you die hard fan of every team who is just excited that they get to see their team play another game. But the thing about Canada which is really cool is the city dresses up for the moment. Even junior hockey it gets insane. They just need a bit more team spirit in Chicago.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Jasperoni
The only reason Chicago does so bad is cause their team isn't doing very well. Once all those players they picked up in the draft start making sparks you will see all the fair weather fans come out and Chcago will have a sold out game every night. That 65% consists of the die hard season ticket holders and the people who either just decided to go see a Blackhawks game because they had nothing better to do or won / received the tickets from somewhere.

That's actually very true. It's pretty surprising to me that they're not doing better, given that Chicago has roughly 8 million people.

Quote:
Those places are just average hockey cities. But go to Vancouver or Calgary alone and you will find massive ammounts of die hards. Just look at the Vancouver vs Calgary first round series. Games at GM Place (Vancouver) the crowd was a white and blue wave while waving their white Canuck towels. Then you go to the Saddledome (Calgary) and the entire arena is wearing red, no towels, but the sea of red looked really cool.

We have something similar where I live, only with football. I've seen stuff like that before with Nebraska games, 77,000 clad in red and white and lining the stadiums. With the hockey teams here, it's a bit different though.

Quote:
The only other team to ever pull that off would have to be Phoenix with the sea of white. But they had to give out those tshirts and towels. Vancouver and Calgary there wasn't anything handed out except those white Canucks towels. Even then all the fans were wearing a jersey and sporting a hat.

I'm not sure of the cost of a hockey jersey up there, but they're pretty expensive down here. Not many people would be willing to shell out $70 for a shirt like that... the ticket prices and concessions are bad enough at a game already.

Hockey in the US is a blue-collar sport, and yet all 3 of those things have white-collar prices. I think that has an affect on the fanbase here as much as anything.

Quote:
Thats what makes the game fun up here, all the motivation of the playoffs.

I can't speak for every team's fans (actually, I don't think I'm qualified to speak for any at all xd ), but that's when the fanbase actually comes out is during the playoffs. You'll find a lot of the ho-humming during the regular season, especially around the All-Star break where it's too late to keep that freshness and too early to drum up excitement about the playoffs.
Nice thread Jasper. 3nodding

As for the hockey jersey prices, it all depends what type of jersey your looking to get.

They have the really light ones with ironed on patches that are around 70$.

Then they have the ones that are a bit heavier with the patches stitched on for anywhere from 90-130$.

Then last they have the actual game jerseys with the sewn on patches. Those ones usually go for a pretty penny. (150-200$)

But if you want numbers and names put on also it usually depends. Ironed, maybe 20 extra bucks. Stitched, maybe 50 extra bucks. But the sewn ones will usually be 100$+. Those are really nice jerseys though when it comes out. I would recommend putting in the extra money for the sewn ones if you are a real die hard and intend to use the jersey alot.
Yeah I do have some authentic Rangers jerseys, but that's usually when I can actually afford it. Around here the sports stores only sell Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics stuff rather than Bruins stuff. The only kind of Bruins jersey you can actually get in a store where I live is an autographed Bourque jersey and those do cost a lot of money.

If you want any kind of jersey then you should buy from a store rather than online. Though it depends where you go online, but the stores usually work the best for me.
GHL
Nice thread Jasper. 3nodding

As for the hockey jersey prices, it all depends what type of jersey your looking to get.

They have the really light ones with ironed on patches that are around 70$.

Then they have the ones that are a bit heavier with the patches stitched on for anywhere from 90-130$.

Then last they have the actual game jerseys with the sewn on patches. Those ones usually go for a pretty penny. (150-200$)

But if you want numbers and names put on also it usually depends. Ironed, maybe 20 extra bucks. Stitched, maybe 50 extra bucks. But the sewn ones will usually be 100$+. Those are really nice jerseys though when it comes out. I would recommend putting in the extra money for the sewn ones if you are a real die hard and intend to use the jersey alot.

What he said. xd

The actual game worn jerseys though costs tons depending on the player.
I SO MISED HOKEY LET THEM COME BAK PLZ crying crying crying crying crying crying OR
IM >--(*_*)--> crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
Xx_HellBoy_xX
I SO MISED HOKEY LET THEM COME BAK PLZ crying crying crying crying crying crying OR
IM >--(*_*)--> crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

Can you go to Chatterbox??? sweatdrop

Hockey's not gone and learn how to spell the sport.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff