Welcome to Gaia! ::

Linkin Park316
Too tired to read that sweatdrop

heart *laughs* heart
Oh my, don't know where to start with that. Well let's just try and pick away at it. xd

First off, before AKILLA has to say it, hockey didn't go anywhere, just the NHL was gone. As for the "lock-out / strike". It was a lock-out not a strike. In Canada it is a first-class sport, it will be fine. The league has brought in revenue sharing. That means the top ten richest teams will give money to the top ten poorest teams. There is no way it can go broke anymore they have solved their money problems and then some.

As for fans, they will come back, no one is just gonna stop being a fan because of a lock-out. If your a true fan you'll be back and cheering. As for San Jose, yes they do have a good team, but with the lottery draft and the new CBA every team will be equal. The rich teams can no longer buy their players and the poor teams can now have a good chance at getting good players in the draft.

As for Calgary being good for a long time and the Canucks need to rebound? xd Martin Gelinas is getting old, Iginla can't carry a whole team by himself. Kiprusoff proved he isn't what he was in 2004 after his team got stomped by Canada in the World Cup. Calgary has also made some trades and got rid of a few players. Defence wise they are fine.

As for the Canucks, give me a break, they need to rebound?? Not a chance. Bertuzzi has already said he is coming back and with him will almost 100% surely be Naslund. The Sedin's proved in this last World Championship that they are amazing players, in my mind they were by far some of the best players in that tournament easily. Then you have Morrison coming back and Linden too. The defence is just as amazing as before, Jovo, Ohlund, Sopel, Salo, Malik and many others who were playing for the Moose.

They don't need to rebound, they could have s**t kicked Calgary in the first round of the playoffs last season if Bertuzzi was playing, Cloutier wasn't hurt and Naslund wasn't just getting back from his concussion. It took Calgary seven games, and overtime WITH a powerplay to beat the Canucks. If Cloutier and Bertuzzi would have been there it would have been a WAY different ending. Besides, Calgary had the road to the cup paved for them all the way till the end. A very hurt Canucks team, Detroit (enough said), San Jose (who wasn't much competition at all except for Scott Hannan). Then they reached the finals and T-Bay hit them like a brick wall. They would have never reached the first round if the Canucks had their full team.

Then Detroirt was an easy series win. Canucks could have knocked them off 4 games to none. San Jose, pff. They weren't that tough last season excluding Scott Hannan on defence and a few other players on forward. Then T-Bay, they had a tough time with Vancouver all season long. That was the Canucks year to win it. Too bad Colorado had to draft one of hockey's deepest scars, Steve Moore.

The Ducks are fine. As for ownership Brian Burke (Vancouver's old GM) has taken over in Anaheim. He did amazing things in Vancouver and I don't expect any less in Anaheim.

San Jose and Calgary again!? Maybe in the first round, and Calgary would win that again just to hit the Canucks again. Except I cannot see it getting any worse for the Canucks. Even one player more and the Canucks would have won against Calgary. You need to get your facts straight.

Like Errorcode said, only 7 games. Whoopee. sweatdrop

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

kokia_chan
I really feel like ESPN has "poisoned the well" so to speak, making it impossible for any American fan to really feel like hockey will be worth their while. Personally, I don't care about all of ********. Nothing about this pissed me off more than the hatchet job the sports media put on the NHL. "Well, the NHL left. Who cares? Now watch basketball like a good little boy." GOD that pissed me off. mad
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan
I really feel like ESPN has "poisoned the well" so to speak, making it impossible for any American fan to really feel like hockey will be worth their while. Personally, I don't care about all of ********. Nothing about this pissed me off more than the hatchet job the sports media put on the NHL. "Well, the NHL left. Who cares? Now watch basketball like a good little boy." GOD that pissed me off. mad

Wouldn't know, not much Basketball up here. xd
Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan

I could care less about basketball

Why can't we do atleast floor hokey for PE?
We're always doing basketball
I hate the game with a passion.i don't even class it as a sport because its always forced down my throat mad
Linkin Park316
Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan

I hate the game with a passion.i don't even class it as a sport because its always forced down my throat mad

Well P.E. here we do floor hockey so that's pretty cool.
Im not sure.. i havent really been in this thread but have you guys heard the new rules for this upcoming NHL season?
Linkin Park316
Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan

Ha join the club. That's all we pretty much played in PE at my school-basketball. Because that was my ex-coach's favorite sport. We did play floor hockey for two or three weeks(PE every other day though).
I saw a reporter from CBC last night talk to Don Cherry and Ron MaClean (or however you spell his last name), to get there opinion on this tentative deal. And in my opinion, how those two talked you'd think that it was actually an episode of Coach's Corner.

Also last night, I distinctly remember hearing something said by Cherry along the lines of how Winnipeg should get a team back. Anyone else hear anything about that?

Lastly, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!
hockey rox! go wings. BUMP

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan

Lucky. ESPN tried their best to use the lockout as an opportunity to cram their shiny new NBA contract down hockey fans' throats. That and they've bashed the NHL every chance they got, aside from a few select people that have worked in the hockey section.

I know that ESPN is a biased bunch of douchebags, and I won't argue. What worries me though is the amount of people that think otherwise and actually believe the stuff that those hockey haters say.
I do hate ESPN when it comes to hockey too, and everytime I turn on ESPN I always see basketball (NBA games,etc wink and they should call it ENBA or something.
nabokovfan4ever
Linkin Park316
Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan

Ha join the club. That's all we pretty much played in PE at my school-basketball. Because that was my ex-coach's favorite sport. We did play floor hockey for two or three weeks(PE every other day though).

For the hell of it:
We did DANCE basketball CURLING but no hockey.we even did lacrosse which wasnt bad but it still sucked
We played floor hockey and ice hockey in PE. We all went to the arena like 3 or 4 times and played hockey, then the other times we were playing like football like sports or floor hockey. Reason for that is because my teacher is an avid hockey fan and enjoys joining in against everyone. Problem was in my class there was very few good hockey players so in the end it would be me, this other kid and teacher verses everyone.

But there was one other hockey player in the class, but he sucks horribly. He's one of those rich kids who goes out, buy all the synergys and other expensive names and then goes out and doesn't know how to skate. stare So all in all he was fricken horrible. He thought just because he has all the stuff that the pro's have that he should be amazing at hockey. He would get so pissed because he'd end up on the bad team with bunch of people who hold their stick wrong or just stand there and talk. It's like deking pilons. But the reason why he would get so pissed is because he doesn't realise he sucks, so he tries to act all pro by yelling at people and trying to take over as a team captain. Little does he know he is fricken horrible and no one listened to him for that very reason.
Linkin Park316
nabokovfan4ever
Linkin Park316
Jasperoni
ERRORCode2002
kokia_chan

For the hell of it:
We did DANCE basketball CURLING but no hockey.we even did lacrosse which wasnt bad but it still sucked

We did dance too. sweatdrop I failed that part of PE.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff