Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

-_D r e w b ii e_-
Shadow Adanza
Drimn
Shadow Adanza
Drimn

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't know how to feel about the whole affair thing. I get it about the "role model" business, but I kind of feel like the microscope is just so zoned in on these guys' lives, that any time they make a human mistake like that, everyone can know about it and pass judgment. That sort of thing is best handled in-house. The lying to your boss about it? I don't know if he'll lose his job or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. I do know that he would if he wasn't winning so many games.
Yea, I don't mind the affair thing about the story. Do I like it myself? Absolutely not, but it's his life and he makes that choice, that's really none of our business. The lying to the media, you can understand too... the affair, again an in-house matter. But lying to the guy who writes your paychecks? That is a big part of the in-house...

That, and she's also in the football department, making her one of the guys' employees, too. I don't know. We'll see what's done before long, if anything.

Frankly, if this was Saban I don't know how I'd feel about the matter. It's hard to imagine something like this. When it's another program and another coach... I don't get into the whole 'affair' thing. But if it was Alabama and you add in the lying about it, I'd want to see him canned. Alabama already gets enough bad press from some of our dumbass fans. I wouldn't want something like that to be added onto the program and frankly, it would be embarrassing.
----------------------------------------

That's how I always felt about Arkansas. You read about cheating and scams and rape allegations from other Universities all the time and I always tought "Thank God Arkansas doesn't get involved in that stuff." Yet here we are now. From what I've seen from the Arkansas faithful, the fans are ready to forgive and forget. The support this guy has in-state is off the charts. He's a hero around here. I completely agree with the media part. I think if it wasn't Petrino or Saban or Miles, it wouldn't be getting nearly as much publicity. However, when a Syracuse coach can keep his job after child molestation allegations, I would be shocked if Petrino lost his. However, as was previously mentioned, he shouldn't have lied. That's the big no-no in this situation. What he does with his personal life is his business as long as it doesn't have an effect on the football team, which it hasn't. But lying to your boss... I don't know. It's a bad situation.

There's also the how she got hired thing, too. If she got hired because of the affair... that is a HUGE no-no. If it comes to light that that's how she got hired, I'd say they're both gone in a heartbeat no matter what. That's just something you don't do.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Shadow Adanza
-_D r e w b ii e_-
Shadow Adanza
Drimn
Shadow Adanza
Drimn

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't know how to feel about the whole affair thing. I get it about the "role model" business, but I kind of feel like the microscope is just so zoned in on these guys' lives, that any time they make a human mistake like that, everyone can know about it and pass judgment. That sort of thing is best handled in-house. The lying to your boss about it? I don't know if he'll lose his job or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. I do know that he would if he wasn't winning so many games.
Yea, I don't mind the affair thing about the story. Do I like it myself? Absolutely not, but it's his life and he makes that choice, that's really none of our business. The lying to the media, you can understand too... the affair, again an in-house matter. But lying to the guy who writes your paychecks? That is a big part of the in-house...

That, and she's also in the football department, making her one of the guys' employees, too. I don't know. We'll see what's done before long, if anything.

Frankly, if this was Saban I don't know how I'd feel about the matter. It's hard to imagine something like this. When it's another program and another coach... I don't get into the whole 'affair' thing. But if it was Alabama and you add in the lying about it, I'd want to see him canned. Alabama already gets enough bad press from some of our dumbass fans. I wouldn't want something like that to be added onto the program and frankly, it would be embarrassing.

That's how I always felt about Arkansas. You read about cheating and scams and rape allegations from other Universities all the time and I always tought "Thank God Arkansas doesn't get involved in that stuff." Yet here we are now. From what I've seen from the Arkansas faithful, the fans are ready to forgive and forget. The support this guy has in-state is off the charts. He's a hero around here. I completely agree with the media part. I think if it wasn't Petrino or Saban or Miles, it wouldn't be getting nearly as much publicity. However, when a Syracuse coach can keep his job after child molestation allegations, I would be shocked if Petrino lost his. However, as was previously mentioned, he shouldn't have lied. That's the big no-no in this situation. What he does with his personal life is his business as long as it doesn't have an effect on the football team, which it hasn't. But lying to your boss... I don't know. It's a bad situation.

There's also the how she got hired thing, too. If she got hired because of the affair... that is a HUGE no-no. If it comes to light that that's how she got hired, I'd say they're both gone in a heartbeat no matter what. That's just something you don't do.

It's all speculation at this point. It's not too hard to believe that an Arkansas alumni would get hired as a recruit counselor. But it does look fishy.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Lose Petrino, gain John L. Smith. That's a s**t trade if I've seen one.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
I haven't been here in forever.
Anyone else getting excited for college ball with all the spring games going on right now?
I'm pumped that my first ever game in a student section next year is gonna be against Georgia in our first game in the SEC.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

CodeRedFed
Anyone else getting excited for college ball with all the spring games going on right now?
I'm pumped that my first ever game in a student section next year is gonna be against Georgia in our first game in the SEC.

Oh yeah. I've been reading this blog to help me get my fix. I know, it's a blog, but the guy's damn good. He covers all 123 teams evenly and fairly, and has already started his countdown.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Also, it looks like realignment has finally killed a conference. The WAC is now officially dead.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Procurements
CodeRedFed

Oh yeah. I've been reading this blog to help me get my fix. I know, it's a blog, but the guy's damn good. He covers all 123 teams evenly and fairly, and has already started his countdown.

Looks pretty legit.
I put it in my favorites so I'll start reading it too.
As for the WAC, do you think Idaho State and New Mexico State will play as independents this year?

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

CodeRedFed
Procurements
CodeRedFed

Oh yeah. I've been reading this blog to help me get my fix. I know, it's a blog, but the guy's damn good. He covers all 124 teams evenly and fairly, and has already started his countdown.

Looks pretty legit.
I put it in my favorites so I'll start reading it too.
As for the WAC, do you think Idaho State and New Mexico State will play as independents this year?

I think, but I'm not sure, that they'll both eventually go to the MWC. It'd give the Mountain West a nice East-West division scheme. If they don't, I think Idaho ends up dropping to I-AA and joining the Big Sky, and NMSU either goes to the Sun Belt or joins the Southland in I-AA.
Procurements

Couldn't agree more.

but, how well do you think Arkansas will fare under Smith this upcoming year?

I can honestly say, even with a new head coach, the Razorbacks will continue to succeed;
if Tyler Wilson can play up to his star-like potential, they should be able to at least finish top 3 in the SEC West division. It'd be icing on the cake, if Knile Davis can produce like he did in the 2010 season.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements

Couldn't agree more.

I can honestly say, even with a new head coach, the Razorbacks will continue to succeed;
if Tyler Wilson can play up to his star-like potential, they should be able tho at least finish top 3 in the SEC West division. It'd be icing on the cake, if Knile Davis can produce like he did in the 2010 season.

Top 3 in the SEC West isn't exactly a major feat. A&M should be worse than last year, and the Mississippi schools and Auburn probably won't be too much better, either. I think it's reasonable to expect them to finish #3 in that division. I'm guessing 10-2 or 9-3, with South Carolina being a toss up game. I still think the SEC is top heavy, but not exactly deep on the quality of teams. Plus, playing Kentucky as a cross-divisional opponent works out well for them.
Procurements
Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements

Couldn't agree more.

if Tyler Wilson can play up to his star-like potential, they should be able tho at least finish top 3 in the SEC West division. It'd be icing on the cake, if Knile Davis can produce like he did in the 2010 season.

Top 3 in the SEC West isn't exactly a major feat. A&M should be worse than last year, and the Mississippi schools and Auburn probably won't be too much better, either. I think it's reasonable to expect them to finish #3 in that division. I'm guessing 10-2 or 9-3, with South Carolina being a toss up game. I still think the SEC is top heavy, but not exactly deep on the quality of teams. Plus, playing Kentucky as a cross-divisional opponent works out well for them.

With LSU losing five guys on offense and six on the defensive side of the ball,
I have somewhat of a doubt in my mind if they'll be good as they were last season.
Granted, they're bringing in Zach Mettenberger, a polished QB from Georgia, whose more accurate than Lee and Jefferson, but even then, I could understand if they were beaten a couple times, one against Alabama, and their season finale at Arkansas. So in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas jumped to the #2 spot.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements
Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements

Couldn't agree more.

I have somewhat of a doubt in my mind if they'll be good as they were last season.
Granted, they're bringing in Zach Mettenberger, a polished QB from Georgia, whose more accurate than Lee and Jefferson, but even then, I could understand if they were beaten a couple times, one against Alabama, and their season finale at Arkansas. So in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas jumped to the #2 spot.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know if Arkansas will be as good as last year, either, and I really don't have much faith in John L. Smith as a coach. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Petrino run a spread-style, pass-happy system? John L. Smith's last big gig was at Michigan State, which ran a stereotypical Big Ten, I-formation, downhill running game. Maybe John L. Smith can adapt, maybe not. Besides, John L. Smith's teams perennially underachieved.

Plus, LSU brings in talent. It doesn't matter how new or old the players are, they're ready to compete at a high level.
Procurements
Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements
Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements

Couldn't agree more.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know if Arkansas will be as good as last year, either, and I really don't have much faith in John L. Smith as a coach. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Petrino run a spread-style, pass-happy system? John L. Smith's last big gig was at Michigan State, which ran a stereotypical Big Ten, I-formation, downhill running game. Maybe John L. Smith can adapt, maybe not. Besides, John L. Smith's teams perennially underachieved.

Plus, LSU brings in talent. It doesn't matter how new or old the players are, they're ready to compete at a high level.

If Knile Davis is as healthy as he was in 2010, and Tyler Wilson plays like he did last year,
I could definitely seem fare better than Smith's Michigan State team from last season, and that team, if im not mistaken, were one game away from a BCS bowl.

That's true,
but as much talent they're bringing in, I'd still not count them as a Top 5 team as opposed to many preseason rankings have them as.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements
Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements
Ultra-Chronic Monstah
Procurements

Couldn't agree more.

If Knile Davis is as healthy as he was in 2010, and Tyler Wilson plays like he did last year,
I could definitely seem fare better than Smith's Michigan State team from last season, and that team, if im not mistaken, were one game away from a BCS bowl.

That's true,
but as much talent they're bringing in, I'd still not count them as a Top 5 team as opposed to many preseason rankings have them as.

Smith hasn't been at Michigan State for a while. He was fired for going 5-7 every year, and has been an analyst somewhere for a while, I think. The Michigan State teams that have been successful are a product of Mark D'Antonio, who took John L. Smith's kids and started leading them to January bowl games. That's why I'd be worried about John L. Smith if I was an Arkansas fan.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff