Welcome to Gaia! ::

@Dannimon: ...I know what Obama said but for the love of God people he has no say in it. Sorry to bust your bubble but the 'Messiah' can't fix that one. The BCS isn't illegal so he can't do a dang thing. A best he is another football fan pointing out his views.

@IcarusDream: Accolades and past history is no excuse for arrogance. Having arrogance is only a sign of one's ignorance.

This Week In Soccer:

Maryland Defeated North Carolina 1 to 0 in the NCAA Men's Soccer National Championship.
North Carolina Defeated Notre Dame 2 to 1 in the NCAA Women's Soccer National Championship.

This Week In Men's Basketball:

Arizona Defeated #4Gonzaga 69 to 64
Temple Defeated #8 Tennessee 88 to 72
#19 Georgetown Defeated #15 Memphis 79 to 70
Massachusetts Defeated #23 Kansas 61 to 60
#21 Ohio St. Defeated Butler 54 to 51 in a battle of the unbeaten

This Week in Women's Basketball:

Michigan Defeated #8 Notre Dame 63 to 59
#24 Oklahoma St. Defeated #22 TCU 85 to 80
Valparaiso Defeated #23 Purdue 71 to 60
South Dakota St Defeated #25 Minnesota 65 to 55
Icarus: you have proved my point. And when it comes to academics, Texas sends their papers to Tech when it comes to English to have them graded. That's all i'm going to say about that.

oh and the fact that you can't be happy where you are...yeah. And I don't care if you are UT. You are a university like any other school...period. You are showing your arrogance by just that statement.
Cobalt-M5
@IcarusDream: Accolades and past history is no excuse for arrogance. Having arrogance is only a sign of one's ignorance.

We are all infinitely ignorant, so the term "ignorance" really is meaningless. Accolades and past history are the only excuses for arrogance.
Chardata the Fire Mage
Icarus: you have proved my point. And when it comes to academics, Texas sends their papers to Tech when it comes to English to have them graded. That's all i'm going to say about that.

And the fact that Tech actually accepts the burden might say something else.

Quote:
oh and the fact that you can't be happy where you are...yeah. And I don't care if you are UT. You are a university like any other school...period. You are showing your arrogance by just that statement.

Anyone who shows pride in their school for ANY matter is displaying arrogance on some level, so you might as well forget the term.

You are arrogant, and you are ignorant, and so am I, as we both have pride in our schools, and we are obviously not omniscient.

-----

"Arrogance" and "ignorance" are essentially words made to demean, and naught else, because the words themselves represent absolutely nothing of a person. Being ignorant is part of being human; everyone is ignorant with respect to infinite matters. And if you are not proud (and therefore arrogant) of anything in this world, then something is probably wrong in your head.
IcarusDream

We are the University OF Texas. Biggest school here, a so-called Public Ivy, and we have the most national championships of any Div I-A school in the state. I'm sorry that you think we think too highly of ourselves, but if you look at it objectively, it's probably not too arrogant to think like we do.

I thought Ohio State, Michigan and expecially Notre Dame fans are arrogant pricks, but Texas fans take the cake.

No wait, I take that back, Texas fans are the SECOND most arrogant pricks in college football.

Nobody is more arrogant than Notre Dame fans. God, they make me sick. >___> I hate the fact that the Chicago Media worships them.... and reserve a huge section of the newspapers for Notre Dame while Northwestern and Illinois only get a small footnote, despite the fact that Northwestern plays in the Chicagoland area and had a better season than Notre LAME.

Dannimon
IcarusDream

We are the University OF Texas. Biggest school here, a so-called Public Ivy, and we have the most national championships of any Div I-A school in the state. I'm sorry that you think we think too highly of ourselves, but if you look at it objectively, it's probably not too arrogant to think like we do.

I thought Ohio State, Michigan and expecially Notre Dame fans are arrogant pricks, but Texas fans take the cake.

No wait, I take that back, Texas fans are the SECOND most arrogant pricks in college football.

Nobody is more arrogant than Notre Dame fans. God, they make me sick. >___> I hate the fact that the Chicago Media worships them.... and reserve a huge section of the newspapers for Notre Dame while Northwestern and Illinois only get a small footnote, despite the fact that Northwestern plays in the Chicagoland area and had a better season than Notre LAME.

I ignored you from the first time I saw you 3nodding
you are out of line.

I am done with you.

and i promise that Tiger will hear of this.

I tried to explain my POV in a descent, but you turned it into a fight.

PS: english: we take UT's papers because Tech has the most premiere English colleges in the nation right now, and UT doesn't have the facilities to grade them. Tech is the ONLY school in the nation right now that has Tech Comm for undergrad, grad, and Doctrine, online as well. We do that to help your students. We are actually nice up here in West Texas. Curtsy is NOT a burden.
Poor grammar and syntax in a post about TT having better English than UT is pure irony.
Wow, I'm not going to get involved in this, i'm keeping my opinion to myself, if I was going to argue I would do it over PMs and not in this thread. Anyway anyone have any picks for bowls this year? or maybe just this week since there are a lot of bowls around now.
IcarusDream
Dannimon
IcarusDream

I ignored you from the first time I saw you 3nodding

I tried not to, since I try to respect everybody else's opinions, but what she just said about Irish fans (i.e. ME!), I'm done with that. Not all Irish fans are pricks. In fact, I know a lot of them who are great ******** people. I will admit, there are some of us who are pricks who need to get their vocal chords removed, but a large quantity of us are actually alright once you get to know us.

The reason Northwestern and Illinois don't usually get as much coverage, is because normally, they ARE the footnote of the Big Ten. But that is all I am going to say about that, now on to my final point...

******** GENE CHIZIK.

That is all.
Chardata the Fire Mage
you are out of line.

I am done with you.

and i promise that Tiger will hear of this.

I tried to explain my POV in a descent, but you turned it into a fight.

PS: english: we take UT's papers because Tech has the most premiere English colleges in the nation right now, and UT doesn't have the facilities to grade them. Tech is the ONLY school in the nation right now that has Tech Comm for undergrad, grad, and Doctrine, online as well. We do that to help your students. We are actually nice up here in West Texas. Curtsy is NOT a burden.

You not only used demeaning words, Chardata, but you actually meant them. I was mostly using light sarcasm on most points, but that's certainly not to be unexpected when handling a fan from a rival school.
IcarusDream

Yea, and Alabama has more than any other Div 1-A school, period. Yet I don't expect a National Title every year. I'd like for us to do well every year and have our team succeed. And yes, it is too arrogant to think like you do but truth be told we here at Alabama do it too. You just have to check your arrogance at the door when talking to fans of another team (except bloody auburn fans), after all, football is played for our entertainment. Not to think our team is invincible and we can down talk to fans of other (maybe not always as talented) schools.
Malacoda Adanza
IcarusDream

Yea, and Alabama has more than any other Div 1-A school, period. Yet I don't expect a National Title every year. I'd like for us to do well every year and have our team succeed. And yes, it is too arrogant to think like you do but truth be told we here at Alabama do it too. You just have to check your arrogance at the door when talking to fans of another team (except bloody auburn fans), after all, football is played for our entertainment. Not to think our team is invincible and we can down talk to fans of other (maybe not always as talented) schools.

I don't expect a national championship every year; I just think that it's national championship or bust. You didn't have the best year you could have if you don't win it.

And again, if someone isn't arrogant, they probably aren't human, and if people try to set arbitrary standards, and shout "That's too much arrogance!", how arrogant is it of them to think that they have the power to tell everyone what to do?
veruy populat thread well stop by to say GO GATORS lol for college football
IcarusDream
"Arrogance" and "ignorance" are essentially words made to demean, and naught else, because the words themselves represent absolutely nothing of a person. Being ignorant is part of being human; everyone is ignorant with respect to infinite matters. And if you are not proud (and therefore arrogant) of anything in this world, then something is probably wrong in your head.

Webster's New World College Dictionary - Fourth Edition.
Arrogant- adj. - Full of or due to unwarranted pride and self importance; over bearing; haughty
Ignorant - adj. - having little knowledge, education, or experience; uneducated
Pride - n. - Proper respect for oneself; sense of one's own dignity or worth; self respect

Well considering that Arrogant and Ignorant are adjectives, thus descriptive words, they do represent something about a person. In particular they are describing a specific aspect or behavior of a person. While I do agree that all humans are ignorant in regards to infinite matters we are not discussing infinite matters. We are discussing a specific matter with finite boundaries. An area where some of us are quite knowledgeable and bring points of view not often seen. While one's ignorance in a particular matter is always measurable true ignorance is often defined as 'a measure of one's willingness to learn, to understand, to comprehend or the lack their of.' While being arrogant can stem from a person's pride having pride does not cause you to be arrogant. Arrogance is the extension of one's pride beyond the reality of what they are due; an exaggeration. My good man you are showing true ignorance and a high degree of arrogance in your statements. While some of this, not all, may be because of your attempted usage of subtle sarcasm one must realize that sarcasm, especially subtle sarcasm, does not translate well over the internet and often leads to arguments and pointless debates. If sarcasm is to be used it is best that it be of the blatant and plainly obvious verity so everyone gets it and it prevents misunderstandings that often occur when translating thoughts to typed words and back again. In closing I would like to extend upon a previously made point: their is no excuse for arrogance and ignorance. They only show a lack of caring and effort on the part of the guilty person. To put it simply you're an uncaring lazy a$$ b*****d. That is all I have to say on that subject.

Do we have any relevant sports discussions this evening?

O' look! Something totally irrelevant, funny, and degrading!! =P
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff