Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was curious about this, because my friends recently encountered something in the club we've been with for the past year. We were "unofficially" kicked from the club (president suddenly decided to get rid of our fixed fee per month and to pay-per-game instead, changed all of the padlocks that we had access to, and over-charged way too much to play at night, which is the only time we can play, and no one else was affected.)

I asked for clarification on the matter and he started saying things like "don't let such a petty issue affect your health like this" What? emotion_eyebrow

Later on, we were talking with other members of the club and they said that we were "too serious and no fun to play with". So that's probably why they went through all the effort to make it inconvenient for night-time players (just us).

Too serious, in their eyes, is:

- Cursing yourself when you make an error

- Not having conversations or laughing during the game

- Mentioning it when the judge doesn't follow the rules of the game (giving a wrong call is one thing, but when the opponent is cheating and the judge ignores it)

- Playing aggressively (not hurting anyone, but with effort and the drive to become better)

Fun, in their eyes, is:

- Drinking before the game

- Talking loudly, shouting out comments, looking around, drinking, etc. in the middle of the game

- Purposely making mistakes (either to give away points and make the game last longer or to make their friends laugh)

- Rooting loudly for their friends (even if they're our opponents or if they're the judge)

- Disregarding rule-breaking

(these aren't spoilers, just an attempt to make my post smaller)

When playing against us, they wouldn't do any of those things and just stand their kinda stony-faced and not really care or put any effort into the game.

Do you normally play with "serious" players? Or people who get frustrated when they mess up a point (if points apply to the sport you're playing)? Do you think they're not fun?

I've played with both, and I see the charm in both sides. I've always been tolerant of how they play their games and I have no issues with laughing and having fun (unless you're disrespecting your opponent and/or allowing cheating.) But why the judgement when someone takes the game and themselves seriously? Why not meet up to it and challenge yourself as well?

Do my friends come off as tyrants or something? wth User Image

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
If a sport's not naturally competitive, it isn't a sport. That's all there is to it. Without competition, sports wouldn't be worth the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff