Welcome to Gaia! ::

I skate therefore...

I AM. 0.20754716981132 20.8% [ 11 ]
I'm bruised. 0.28301886792453 28.3% [ 15 ]
I'm awesome. 0.37735849056604 37.7% [ 20 ]
0.13207547169811 13.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 > >>

I'm skating in a "rules tournament" this weekend. Apparently USARS came up with a new rule book and they need to test it out to see what works and what doesn't. My league (Port City Roller Girls) and a few others will be guinea pigs.

From what I can tell, there are a few big differences between USARS rules and WFTDA rules. The first big difference, is that with the new USARS rules, the pack and the jammers take off at the same time. This is meant to end "stroller derby". The next biggest difference is that "Lead Jammer" will literally mean "the jammer who is currently in the lead". Another big difference is that the pivot of a team can become the jammer without the original jammer "passing the panty".

I haven't had a lot of practice with the new rules, but so far I kind of like them. There are some kinks that need to worked out for sure, but overall I think the USARS rules will make for a faster paced and more exciting game.

You can check them out here.
bump exclaim
bump exclaim
bump exclaim
bump exclaim
bump exclaim
So... no roller derby skaters on Gaia then?
User Image

Good luck with the "rules tournament". I don't skate because let's just leave it at that. Sounds to be interesting and fun.
Thanks Icy, I'm excited because this will be my first tournament. I'm still in my "fresh meat" stage so I don't usually get to skate at bouts. Since this is a learning bout, the coach thought it would be a good opportunity for me to get some bout experience. Plus, honestly, I think they need extra skaters.

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200

I've always wanted to go to a derby competition. I will one day, it's on my bucketlist. biggrin
@Puke, you definitely should. It's a good time smile

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200

I'll have to look into it. My old job wrote a story about a league's practice but I should find out when their games are. Especially now that I'm unemployed. razz
If you've got some spare time on your hands you should consider joining a league instead of just watching. Chances are your local league needs skaters and refs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff