0.13207547169811 13.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21 >

Friendly Fairy

emotion_kirakira

Friendly Fairy

emotion_kirakira

Skyburn's Wife

Hello all! Sorry I've been absent, I gave up facebook and unsurprisingly my computer usage went way way down razz

I'm getting really nervous about derby. We have this outdoor track that we've been using and I can't stop at all on it. Our typical practice place has this really smooth floor and the track outside is concrete. It scares me because we have a bootcamp coming up soon and we have to completely pass basic skills to do the scrimmage and testing is going to be outside I believe and I SUCK outside. Maybe it's a mental thing?

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
Well I think if the majority of your bouts are going to be outside, then it's right of them to do the test outside. However, if they are majority inside, you should be tested there.

Skyburn's Wife

All of our bouts will be inside. We use the outdoor court because we aren't always allowed to be in the indoor court. The problem is we can only use the indoor court during the day (which not everyone can come during the day) and even so we don't have full use of our track due to the basketball hoops which are not allowed to be moved until April. And our bootcamp is the end of March.

Friendly Fairy

Have you tried changing your wheels? That might have something to do with your troubles! I have totally different sets of wheels for when we skate indoors vs. outdoors. My wheels TOTALLY make a huge difference in my confidence when I play. For example, if my wheels are too hard and I'm on a slippery indoor hardwood floor, I can't go my maximum speed or I'll end up just sliding uncontrollably off the track in the curves. And if my wheels are too soft/sticky, I can't comfortably do plow stops because the wheels catch too easily instead of allowing me to glide to a stop.

You should try experimenting with different wheel hardnesses to see what works best for you! 3nodding
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL
DONT MIND MY COMMENTS!!!! IGNORE MOST OF THEM LOL

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
Bippity boppity boo.

Friendly Fairy

OMG OMG OMG DID YOU GUYS SEE WHAT WAS IN THE NEW SHOPS UPDATE?!?!!?!

ROLLER SKATES!!!!!!!!!

*dies of happiness*

Even if they are not derby skates, they are cute and come in different colors to match various (b)outfits!

Dangerous Hunter

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I love roller derby but sadly I live in the middle of no where so I never see any games except on youtube.

Friendly Fairy

RosaTheWarrior122
I love roller derby but sadly I live in the middle of no where so I never see any games except on youtube.

Have you seen Derby News Network? Live bouts are broadcast from all over the world! Every weekend pretty much you can watch bouts for free! Here is the link:

Derby News Network

I strongly recommend you watch tomorrow's match between the Windy City Rollers (my former team) and the Naptown Rollergirls. These two teams have a long-standing rivalry and are both highly skilled and closely matched teams as well, so it's sure to be full of suspense, great skating, and moves that make you go "woahhhhh"!

Dangerous Hunter

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PixieAlli
RosaTheWarrior122

Have you seen Derby News Network? Live bouts are broadcast from all over the world! Every weekend pretty much you can watch bouts for free! Here is the link:

Derby News Network

I strongly recommend you watch tomorrow's match between the Windy City Rollers (my former team) and the Naptown Rollergirls. These two teams have a long-standing rivalry and are both highly skilled and closely matched teams as well, so it's sure to be full of suspense, great skating, and moves that make you go "woahhhhh"!

woahhh! Thanks a lot, it looks like a great website!

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
heart heart
Hey derby people! Once again, I apologize for never being on Gaia and officially pronounce Puke And Pix co owners of this thread, as they are present more than I.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff