Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
noodle_tml
* comes in making a big ruckus hooting and hollering. then hops over the bar and grabs a drink*

So my Boys (the Leafs) are off to a wonderful start!! I was at the game saturday and it was AMAZING! we beat our division rivals the Sens 5-1. I wish it could have been a shutout but waht can you do. Hahah they got two wins in two games which is far better than last year where they were 0-8.

Hows everyone else doing? anyone in the hockey spirit yet?

*wanders in and sees noodle's post re: hockey*

Glad you were able to catch such a great home game, noodle! 3nodding

I admit I've started checking on how my 'Wings are doing a bit earlier this year than in recent years. I followed them much more closely while Stevie Y was playing, and I really slipped following them (and hockey in general) after the strike (and subsequent move of the TV broadcasts to Versus or similar channels). I see Kirk Maltby announced his retirement here recently. I'd heard Detroit was asking him to retire or accept a move to the minors (not surprising he chose the former). Man, that guy always seemed to have an insane +/- come the end of the season! I wish him the best as he steps off the ice! And I see we seem to have lost to Colorado last night -- boooo! crying

Anyway, hopefully I can do a better job keeping up with Detroit and the NHL in general this year....

*waves as he wanders back out*

Dapper Dabbler

Hey tosh!!!

I know what you mean, my enthusiasm had taken a big hit after the strike. Something about this years pre season just grabbed my attention and im now danm happy Im back in.

Seems your teams got quite a bit of stuff going on right now. I used to love Stevie Y. My first NHL game was against the Wings so they have a big spot in my heart. Also i have to agree that its better to retrire than get down graded.

Good luck to your team i will be happy unless they kill mine smile

Aged Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
Wow. Ouch for the Gators. Three losses in a row. Thank God for the Bye week this last weekend. I think I'm off the Brantley train, though. We need to either get our front line to figure out how to make a pocket for him without moving the pocket or just replace Brantley. *sigh*

How about Missouri beating Oklahoma this weekend? The #1s go up and then they go down. Craziness.

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
*wanders in for a quick Sammy*

Howdy, all! We are nearing Championship Week in college basketball! whee

I can't wait to see who gets in and how the Tourney starts out -- always a great time of year!

Also, we're starting to see pitchers & catchers in Spring Training, so that's just around the corner.

And the NFL draft isn't that far off either, as are the NHL playoffs. Not a shabby time of year, sports-wise! 3nodding

*finished his brew, rinses his glass, and heads out with a wave*

Aged Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
Oof! The Gators had a chance at the Final Four, but they blew it.

March Madness is definitely full of the crazy this year. Not a single No 1 or No 2 seed. First time in tournament history. I'm going to go for Kentucky all the way, but I wouldn't mind seeing VCU win it. I love an underdog.

Hoping Ahmad Black goes to the Bucs. That would be awesome. So long as he doesn't go to the Pats.

Aged Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
Gator baseball is in the College World Series and already has won their first two games. Let's go Gators!

Aged Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
Well, Gators made it to the Finals of the CWS, but lost to South Carolina. SEC dominated, though, so that's good.

Been paying some attention to the Women's World Cup now. GO USA! Lost to Sweden today and now we play Brazil next. Should be interesting.

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
*wanders in, turns on the lights, and begins to dust off the bar and stools, clean the glasses, and sweep the floor, pausing to clear away a few cobwebs while he's at it*

Howdy, all! Been ages since I wandered in here -- so sorry for the lapse! sweatdrop

Sports-wise, much has happened since I was last here (and since anyone last posted in here).

My Tigers made a go of it in baseball, and while they could not make it to the World Series, their ace, Justin Verlander, snagged BOTH the AL Cy Young and the AL MVP awards -- fantastic job!! He truly did have a great season, and his importance to the team was beyond question.

College Football-wise, I would rather forget this year, as for Penn State it was all about everything but football. sad And even after the season has ended, sadness continues with the passing of Joe Paterno -- goodbye, JoePa, you'll be missed! crying

I still don't follow the NFL too much, other than for the purposes of Fantasy Football (finished first in my league's regular season only to lose two straight in the playoffs for a 4th overall -- ah, well). Not a fan of any team, but definitely not a Pats fan -- honestly probably won't even watch the game this year.

Hockey-wise, the Red Wings are doing very well so far, to include a great streak at home! I hope they can keep up their efforts as the season continues! 3nodding

I've been watching more and more soccer, English, Spanish, German, some Italian, etc -- fun to watch and follow for me, though I know others do not always get the same excitement from watching the sport. xp

And I think I shall end there! Anyone still out there? Kamui? noodle? I hope 2012 finds all of you well!

*pours himself a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, quaffs it, rinses the glass, and heads to the door*

Ciao ciao, until later, folks!

*waves as he opens the door, turning out the lights once more as he heads into Barton Town*
Well, I'm new to Gaia, first time seeing this place (thread) and it looks like a good one so I'll join it. I suppose I'll start introducing myself by letting you know of my favorite sports and teams.

My first favorite sport is hockey and my favorite team are the New York Rangers, been a fan of them since 2001... I am also a fan of UNH Wildcats and the Czech Republic's National team.

Next favorite sport is auto-racing, been a fan since 1997... I generally like all series, but I primarily focus on NASCAR... started as a Jeff Gordon fan... ended up as a Kevin Harvick fan after the 2003 season.

Next is football, been following it since 2003, and I am a New England Patriots fan.

Track & Field comes next, somehow found myself like this sport after reading a manga called Suzuka back in 2009 I don't have any favorite athletes... but I find myself liking the 100m dash, high-jump, long jump, triple-jump, javlin, and hammer toss events.

Last is baseball, a sport that I've just been getting into recently, I can't seem to watch the MLB until the playoffs arrives and I do have a few favorite teams... I mostly stick to following the local minor league team here and the Hokkaido Fighters of the NPB league in Japan.

With all that said, I leave for now... bye

Aged Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm still around, Tosho. Not much has happened.

Y'know, other than getting engaged.

But that's not that important, I guess. XD

Super Spirit

Was planning on dusting the place off just now but it looks like it doesn't need it! surprised

Still alive!
Christ. I can't believe this place still exists...

Well. I am busy living the American Dream.

Career
House
Wife
2 year old son

I almost don't want to go back and read any of this. I was an angsty kid...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

This is a 10-year-old site and some of us have been here almost that long. I know I would struggle with my posts from 2005-2006.

Glad to hear stuff's going so well for you, though.
Procurements
This is a 10-year-old site and some of us have been here almost that long. I know I would struggle with my posts from 2005-2006.

Glad to hear stuff's going so well for you, though.

Saints signed OT Andrus Peat, brah.
Ello all.

Just an update i got divorced cheating slut! biggrin

EDIT:
Wow... Account was hacked and it took nearly 2 years to get control of it again... good lord.

House kid and wife are all great!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces