Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think about the new Miami Heat team (Wade, Lebron, Bosh)?

Awesome! They're going to win multiple championships! 0.32608695652174 32.6% [ 45 ]
Good, but not enough to compete with the Lakers. 0.28985507246377 29.0% [ 40 ]
Terrible. You are a sell-out, Lebron. 0.38405797101449 38.4% [ 53 ]
Total Votes:[ 138 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 2113 2114 2115 > >> >>> »|

theres news that Amare is out for the rest of the year (including playoffs) he and the Suns stated that if he is not at 100% than he is not going to come back.....smart decision but this may be the Suns year to shine
Theres one more thing I wanted to touch on...who do you think should represent Team USA ?

PG
- C. Billups (Great floor leader who can shoot and is quick for his size)
- C. Paul (Can score for himself and rebounds well, can only improve and is still young)
- J. Johnson (Provides a height mismatch whom can shoot well and play the 5,4 and 3)
- K. Hinrich (Great young floor leader whom can shoot and transition well)
- J. Kidd (Proven himself many time but has already declined the invite and is too old to be reliable in the long run)

SG
- K. Bryant (Killer instinct and great scorer and defender, proven to thrive under pressure)
- S. BAttier (Underrated playre whom can shoot, defend and do all the little things while providing a consistent all around game)
- M. Redd (Great shooter underrated defense)

SF
- L. James (Yes he is the King but its his team play and all around game that will frustrate the other team, when needed able to takeover a game)
- S.Marion (Provides top notch defense with the ability to defend multiple positions while providing a 3 point shot and ability to play extremely well in transition)
- T. Prince (playoff proven and is only getting better, well known for his defensive prowess (incredible length for someone his size) coupled with his increasing ability to score) [I believe he declined an invite)
- J. Smith (young high flyer who can block and fly with the best of them..mainly used for garbage time to rest the starters without giving up defense)

PF
- E. Brand (Big man who can shoot, rebound, block and provide a dominant inside presence)
- A. Jamison (Although a bit undersized has the ability to shoot the 3, pass, or drive; also has the ability to go after rebounds but lack in an inside presence)

C
- A. Stoudamire (Great youth whom can dominate the post and single handedly lower the other teams morale through humiliating dunks and increasing defense)
- D. Howard (Young prospect that is a rebound monster, can only get better)
- B. Wallace (Defensive beast that can consistenly average at least 10 rebounds a game while frustrating the opposing teams bigs)
- B. Miller (Underrated center that can provide a consistent shooting touch without giving up an inside presence)

------------------------
Team needs
- Big men which can defend opposing big shooters
- Team chemistry
- Veteren mentors who can teach the young guys since there is a four year commitment

Players who declined
- Jason Kidd
- KG
- Duncan
- Shaq
- sorry thats all i can think of off the top of my head
shgnwgn
theres news that Amare is out for the rest of the year (including playoffs) he and the Suns stated that if he is not at 100% than he is not going to come back.....smart decision but this may be the Suns year to shine
Well in some respects if they do poorly the rest of the way, perhaps they get a better draft pick. That sucks I know, but for some teams it works out for them. Look what happened to the Spurs the year Robinson got hurt. They did so crappy, they got Duncan with their pick the year after and the rest is history. I'd prefer that no team throw in the towel, but I'd rather write off this year, than have Amare come in at 85% and get hurt and be out part of next year. 3nodding
Definitly need to include: Tracy McGrady
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter...those are just some good SGs and SFs

However, the USA team usually includes upcoming rookies who haven't had any experience in the NBA such as last summer Olympics the USA included Omeka Okafor who hadn't played in the NBA yet. So you just got to see what the rookies are and how good they are next Olympic games
i don't follow
EVNE3
shgnwgn
Well in some respects if they do poorly the rest of the way, perhaps they get a better draft pick. That sucks I know, but for some teams it works out for them. Look what happened to the Spurs the year Robinson got hurt. They did so crappy, they got Duncan with their pick the year after and the rest is history. I'd prefer that no team throw in the towel, but I'd rather write off this year, than have Amare come in at 85% and get hurt and be out part of next year. 3nodding
thats the thing there is no gurantee as to how bad a reoccuring injury might be...look at penny hardaway and chris webber....they were never the same and they both came back a bit premature..a classic example would be grant hill now since the suns recently extended Amare to somewhere near max contract would you rather invest in a chance this one time and possibly losing him for the rest of his career or building experience together with the team as a whole...also no one knows if he does come back that he would be as effective as last year since he was out for most of this season and has yet to have on court experience with the new additions (raja bell, boris diaw and kurt thomas [who recently got injured and is out for a few weeks along with brian grant])
DarkZell
Definitly need to include: Tracy McGrady
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter...those are just some good SGs and SFs

However, the USA team usually includes upcoming rookies who haven't had any experience in the NAB such as last summer Olympics the USA included Omeka Okafor who hadn't played in the NBA yet. So you just got to see what the rookies are and how good they are next Olympic games
i dont doubt you on the talent of your choices its just that with..
McGrady - nagging injuries and isnt consistent
Ray Allen - Great guard who is one the best shooters in the league / i believe he declined but i would love to have him on the team
Paul Pierce - wow nothing bad to say about him great player offensively and defensively i just overlooked him since i dont know much about his game
Vince Carter - One of my favorite players but he is most for show but he does provide a shooting touch similar to that of Ray Allen's (check the stats) with the flair of dunking
--- as for the rookies
Chris Paul - PG with the ability to become great in the future
Raymond Felton - PG that reminds me of Billups has the size and IQ to frustrate the opponent
Danny Granger - I would love to have this guy replace Josh Smith on TEam USA since he provides rebounds and a good shoot (that needs improvement) along with stingy defense
Salim Stoudamire - really good shooter but questionable character may hinder the team character
Marvin Williams/Charlie Villanueva - both good big men shooters but Williams looks to have more potential (limited playing time) while Charlie puts up inconsistent game that have good stats
To add to your current list, shgnwgn:

PG
- Gilbert Arenas, one of the top scorers. He's versitile and can shoot from everywhere. Great slasher. Still young and can become even greater than he is now.

SG
- Ben Gordon. He'll be better once his teams get a big, inside person. The only reason the Bulls are losing is because they're filled with guards.
- If Ridick and Morrison fulfill expectations from the 06 draft... then should be able to invited.

SF
- Carmelo Anthony, he has made a number of game-winning shots this season. He provides an offensive and defensive game. Lebron and Melo have chemistry if you saw the two Rook vs. Soph games they played in.

PF
- Chris Bosh, he's developing into a young KG. He's been consistant with the Raptors and actually shows dedication to the game. All he needs is to grow a little bit of muscle and he can be as dominating as KG is/was.
- Emeka Okafor, except that he's injury-prone. If he is healthy all season, he can pose a threat to the opposing team.
- I'd play Amare here since PF is his natural position.

C
- Take of Brad Miller. He plays almost no defense.
- Samuel Dalembert, creates productivity in the paint. Can get rebounds and blocks.
- Chris Kaman, even though he is overshadowed by his teammates (Cassell, Maggette, Brand, Mobley), he can average a double-double. He developed a good hookshot and can pass the ball.

Ray Allen = old. Vince Carter is slowly getting old and has faced too many injuries in the past.
chris paul should win rookie of the year..but mvp? no way

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
constantzero

lol You're crazy, no s**t he won't get the MVP. He's still a rookie. Even a gerball knows that. rofl
xXHotBabiBluXx
constantzero

lol You're crazy, no s**t he won't get the MVP. He's still a rookie. Even a gerball knows that. rofl
haha Oooo Skyline ..is that a R32?
Samuel Dalembert might play for Canada, whoo hoo!

As for Team USA, I'd like to see:

C:
-Shaq (old, but how many other TRUE centers are out there?)
-Dwight Howard/Amare Stoudamire (either of these PFs can play C if they have to)

PF:
-Dwight Howard
-Amare Stoudamire
-Chris Bosh (consistent; next superstar PF)
-Elton Brand

SF:
-Paul Pierce (underrated, but has a really good all around game)
-LeBron James (a chance to improve on '04)
-Carmelo Anthony (same as James)

SG:
-Kobe Bryant
-Dwayne Wade (same as LBJ and 'Melo)
-Morris Peterson (he's been pretty consistent, and hasn't been in the national team yet)

PG:
-Chris Paul
-Mike Bibby
-Chauncey Billups

Other Mentions:
-Jermaine O'Neal
-Allen Iverson
(these two haven't won gold)

I just included a bunch of ppl who I think haven't been there before, and ppl who need to prove themselves for '04. I didn't mention the other big name stars cause they've done it before.
Oops. How could've I forget about Wade? ><;
lebron james is the best he scores more than any other player on the claviers plus he got MVP hes the best
I seriously think that chris paul derserves the rookie ship. He comes to play every game and he's building on his playmaker ability.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff