Mike Tyson Win by Unanimous Decision 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
1 2 >

Desirable Conversationalist

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
In their Primes, Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson, Who would win ?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Introducing Muhammad Ali

User Image

Height : 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

Reach: 80 in (203 cm)

Muhammad Ali Boxing Style (Prime)

Ali had a highly unorthodox boxing style for a heavyweight, epitomized by his catchphrase "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Never an overpowering puncher, Ali relied early in his career on his superior hand speed, superb reflexes and constant movement, dancing and circling opponents for most of the fight, holding his hands low and lashing out with a quick, cutting left jab that he threw from a number of angles.

His footwork was so strong that it was extremely difficult for opponents to cut down the ring and corner Ali against the ropes.

Ali probably had the fastest hand and foot speed ever seen in a big fighter. Using a synchronizer, Jimmy Jacobs, who co-managed Mike Tyson, measured young Ali's punching speed versus Sugar Ray Robinson, a welter/middleweight, often considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in history. Ali was 25% faster than Robinson, even though Ali was 45-50 pounds heavier.

Introducing Mike Tyson

Height: 5 ft 10 in (178 cm)

Reach: 71 in (180 cm)

Mike Tyson Boxing Style (Prime)

Mike Tyson, executed the style perfectly and was notorious for his savage punching ability and excellent defense. Probably the best example of the Peek-a-Boo style.

Round 1. Tyson stamps his authority. He leaves no one, least of all the opponent, in any doubt as to who’s in charge. To be faced with such intensity at the opening bell is stressful for a fighter. Biggs moves well popping out a jab, Ali-style as Tyson puts on masses of pressure. But, it’s a smart pressure.

The speed of Mike Tyson’s punches during this phase of his career was plain for all to see. He would whip in hooks at blindingly fast speeds, with no ‘drawback’.Let’s not forget though that Tyson also employed excellent footwork to get him into the positions to allow his hand speed to have it’s effect.

The precision of the Mike Tyson punches is incredible. Some of his shots in this bout are a little wayward, but the vast majority of his punches find the target. Both shots land right on target. Whilst possessing a killer punch is one thing, the ability to bring that kind of precision and accuracy to the ring pays for itself.

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I've never seen any Ali fights. So, put me down for Tyson. For my money, Tyson was the best boxer on the planet.

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
TheRob
I've never seen any Ali fights. So, put me down for Tyson. For my money, Tyson was the best boxer on the planet.

User Image

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Naifus

User Image

surprised

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
It would depend on who Tyson had in his corner. He's had some incompetent, strange people on his team, over the years. If he had his best handlers, he'd knock Ali out by the 4th to 6th round. He would also have beaten Joe Frazier in perhaps 6 to 8 rounds, in my opinion.

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Naifus

User Image

Go to about the 19:22 mark in this vid and look at Tyson's face. xd

EDIT: video is blocked. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxUpS1UseA

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
TheRob
Naifus

User Image

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxUpS1UseA
HAHAH!!~ Tyson after dodging and weaving with his head like a boss and He's like!~ You can't catch me cause I'm shorter!~ *then suddenly Tyson give a Powerful right hook to his face*

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Naifus
TheRob
Naifus

User Image

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxUpS1UseA
HAHAH!!~ Tyson after dodging and weaving with his head like a boss and He's like!~ You can't catch me cause I'm shorter!~ *then suddenly Tyson give a Powerful right hook to his face* xd

Blessed Genius

Ali no doubt. He'd dance around Iron Mike and outbox him. He's the greatest heavyweight of all time.
Tyson was a tough old boot, but Ali all day long. He's took smart. He would generally out box tyson. Iron mike would come out all fists swinging, and leave himself open for a Ali haymaker.
Ali come man is that even a question

Tipper

Speed vs power? A lot of people say Ali would win, but I would root for Mike.

Shirtless Friend

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ali hands-down in my opinion.
He fought people with great punching power like geroge foreman and joe frazier. so getting hit by bombs is nothing new to him.

Ali managed to withstand the fury of blows in the legendary match with big george and still come up on top.

He have the chin,heart,skills and smarts of a true champion.

In a relationship with BrrJasper

Shy Sex Symbol

watch ..

and in terms of best of all time .. rocky marciano .. 49-0 43kos (heavyweight)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff