Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Bibliophile

10,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
christ i trust my savior

At the time of that interview, 1971, Ali was a vocal member of the Nation of Islam, which at the time was (and arguably still is) for racial separation and against inter-racial relationships of any kind. Whites are still banned from converting to the Nation of Islam. (In their cosmology, whites were created by a scientist and are actually devils, thus "Blue-eyed Devils." ) Ali converted to Sunni Islam in 1975 (similar in his path to Malcolm X, who converted in 1964 after his views on race evolved. He was murdered by several Nation of Islam members in 1965.) Sunni Islam does not have the black supremacy or separatist stance that NoI espouses, believing that Islam should be open to any believing person, regardless of race. Ali has stated since then he has been following Sufism since 2005.

So yes, Ali has had a problematic history if you just look at bits and pieces. But his views on race evolved. To say this is what he believes now, some forty-odd years after leaving the NoI is rather blind to his life.
B Banzai
christ i trust my savior

At the time of that interview, 1971, Ali was a vocal member of the Nation of Islam, which at the time was (and arguably still is) for racial separation and against inter-racial relationships of any kind. Whites are still banned from converting to the Nation of Islam. (In their cosmology, whites were created by a scientist and are actually devils, thus "Blue-eyed Devils." ) Ali converted to Sunni Islam in 1975 (similar in his path to Malcolm X, who converted in 1964 after his views on race evolved. He was murdered by several Nation of Islam members in 1965.) Sunni Islam does not have the black supremacy or separatist stance that NoI espouses, believing that Islam should be open to any believing person, regardless of race. Ali has stated since then he has been following Sufism since 2005.

So yes, Ali has had a problematic history if you just look at bits and pieces. But his views on race evolved. To say this is what he believes now, some forty-odd years after leaving the NoI is rather blind to his life.
yea and ali great grand father was white was irish even ali grandson is white lol have you seen him i guess your right. and ali daughter married a white men.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff