Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Phantom

6,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Sup, Names Austin. I'm a ninja. I've been studying ninjutsu for about 3 years, and love martial arts of all kind. Cuz I'm badass. ninja
LOL i love the fight arts blaugh
Even though I don't train in the art itself but to improve on your power in striking, try doing those wrist exercises with the pull down weight machines, that can increase the power in the force of your strike and work on your tricep, maybe close grip bench pressing or high elevated bench press can help...I dunno... razz
baka_boy1221
Rooster86
@baka: Yea i was really thinking about the Gracie school. And the workout is a LOT of cardio and strength training. Also working on building a quick recharge rate. lol Its going to be a hard road. Hardest thing im going to face is..... to quit smoking. Its going to be hell!

Good luck ... wait ... what weight class are you ... or better yet ... what are your stats ... height ... weight ... that sort of thing ... it might help ...

I weigh 235lbs. I'm 5'10".
Zuto Dark Assassin
Sup, Names Austin. I'm a ninja. I've been studying ninjutsu for about 3 years, and love martial arts of all kind. Cuz I'm badass. ninja

Nice. I wish i would have started out a long time ago. I know how to fight, but iv never been trained.
Rooster86
baka_boy1221
Rooster86
@baka: Yea i was really thinking about the Gracie school. And the workout is a LOT of cardio and strength training. Also working on building a quick recharge rate. lol Its going to be a hard road. Hardest thing im going to face is..... to quit smoking. Its going to be hell!

Good luck ... wait ... what weight class are you ... or better yet ... what are your stats ... height ... weight ... that sort of thing ... it might help ...

5'10" at 235 lbs ... dude you need to move down in weight ... I suggest middleweight (185 lbs) or light heavyweight (205 lbs) ... more suited for your frame ... because you are a small heavyweight ... though I would go for middleweight ... your frame would be an average size ...

Though if it were me ... I'd try to find a way to get to welterweight ... you would be huge at welterweight ...

Blessed Phantom

6,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Rooster86
baka_boy1221
Rooster86

No offense but how do we know that wait is muscle, and that your not just a fat dude living in your mom's basement? Again no offense just asking.
I've been thinking about going to another better gym because most gym's here just got equipment and only charge you 30 bucks a month and that is only to make sure they pay for the rent. There is alot of gyms up in the minnesota cities but I dont want to drive 1 hour back and forth everyday of the weekday.
I got options I've considered.

1. find someone renting out a place nearby and work and go to the gym

2. Save a bunch of money and stay at a hotel and then go

And thats all for now... And could someone explain to me what happens when you sign up for a camp?
LOL Im pretty buck. lol And I'm not some fat dude in moms basement. lol My problem is I'm short. stressed But I'm athletic and i got heart. Id never in a million years get down to that welterweight. Id have to move to africa and starve for six months to do that. LMAO! No, i don't have the frame to get down to that weight class. My goal is to get down to 225. I Used to weigh 250. Iv been dieting and such. I got pics on my myspace or facebook, thatll give you a good idea of my size and muscle/fat ratio. Theron's Myspizzle page
Austierro Neangelion
Even though I don't train in the art itself but to improve on your power in striking, try doing those wrist exercises with the pull down weight machines, that can increase the power in the force of your strike and work on your tricep, maybe close grip bench pressing or high elevated bench press can help...I dunno... razz

for wrist strenght i would recomend exercises like the upright row or even bicep curls that put a strain on you wrist. also you may have seen a small bar with a weight attached to it on a cable at you local gym (for some reason my brain is drawing a complete blank on its name) the idea is to roll this up then down again with your arms fully outstreched (great wrist exercise). avoid machenes if you can as they don't do much for your joints.

also one of the most effective way of strenghting your wrists is simply to strech regularly, as this increases blood flow which in turn strenghtens the joint.

most important muscels for boxing are the deltoids so work all 3 hard with free weights.

hope this helps.
Rooster86
LOL Im pretty buck. lol And I'm not some fat dude in moms basement. lol My problem is I'm short. stressed But I'm athletic and i got heart. Id never in a million years get down to that welterweight. Id have to move to africa and starve for six months to do that. LMAO! No, i don't have the frame to get down to that weight class. My goal is to get down to 225. I Used to weigh 250. Iv been dieting and such. I got pics on my myspace or facebook, thatll give you a good idea of my size and muscle/fat ratio. Theron's Myspizzle page

That is lazy talk ... if Joe Riggs could start at super heavyweight and go all the way down to welterweight ... no doubt you could possibly drop down there ... you just need a good camp behind you ... and welterweight is a suggestion ... middleweight or light heavyweight might be more suitable ...
baka_boy1221
Rooster86

That is lazy talk ... if Joe Riggs could start at super heavyweight and go all the way down to welterweight ... no doubt you could possibly drop down there ... you just need a good camp behind you ... and welterweight is a suggestion ... middleweight or light heavyweight might be more suitable ...

Well the the instructor ant the Gracie school is Carlos Gracie Jr so... im going to leave it up to him to place me and help me set goals. lol ill prolly be in middleweight or light heavyweight but id like to spar with smaller and faster people so i can get used to the fast pace. that way when i fight someone my size and bigger... i hope to be faster as well.
Rooster86
baka_boy1221
Rooster86

Well the the instructor ant the Gracie school is Carlos Gracie Jr so... im going to leave it up to him to place me and help me set goals. lol ill prolly be in middleweight or light heavyweight but id like to spar with smaller and faster people so i can get used to the fast pace. that way when i fight someone my size and bigger... i hope to be faster as well.

Speed is good ... and from that you get cardio ... always a plus especially with heavyweights ...
baka_boy1221
Speed is good ... and from that you get cardio ... always a plus especially with heavyweights ...

Yup yup. I'm looking forward to this a LOT. Its the only thing on my mind besides this girl i been talking to. I'm freakin stoked! lol Got any tips for me?
Rooster86
baka_boy1221

Yup yup. I'm looking forward to this a LOT. Its the only thing on my mind besides this girl i been talking to. I'm freakin stoked! lol Got any tips for me?

Hands up ... chin down ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces