Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the MMA training thread.

If you are currently taking or thinking about taking MMA classes or any other type of fighting art... Welcome!
(or your already a bad a** your welcome as well)

What this is all about:

Talk about the lifestyle, sport or workout plan..... Pretty much anything that has to do with with MMA and such.

Rules:

Follow Gaian TOS.

Off colored language is not a problem but try to use it sparingly (do it for the kids man)

Just be cool more or less.
:waiting on people:
Bored.... i know there has go to be MMA people on gaia...
Here is the diet plan i am about to adopt:

a good structured mma diet plan -

Live by this saying when dieting for a fight:

"If you can't grow it or kill it DON'T eat it"

You wanna eat as clean as possible and this is going to give you a better return for your fight.

Basically you wanna turn everything to "brown" brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread.

You wanna take roughly 1500-2000 cals if you are trying to lose weight in a day.

So I like to do something like below:

Breakfast:

2 egg whites or 1 egg
2 whole wheat toast with a tsp of pb (peanut butter)

Snack: (roughly 2 hours later)
Protein shake or bar

Lunch: (2 hours later)

Turkey Sandwich on wheat bread
Yougart
Piece of fruit

Snack: (2 hours later)
Cup of almonds
Piece of Fruit (I use banana's or apples)
or
Protein shake

Dinner: (2 hours later)
8oz grilled chicken (or steak, salmon, etc)
green salad with fat free dressing.

I found it online and im pretty sure its going to work out.
Current song: Calm Like A Bomb - Rage Against The Machine
Goin to sleep....
Hey man whats up? I'm actually an amateur cage fighter fighting out of albert lea MN. I've been training for about 4 months. I've already had my first official fight and I have to say it wasn't what i expected to be.
Hey bro. Man I'm still trying to figure out what gym i want to go to... there is a Gracie Barra school (Gracie Barra - Northsshore jiu-jitsu)not far from me and there is an OMEGA school even closer so idk. I'm working with some friends of mine on the weekends who are already taking classes to get a jump before i enroll ya know. Dont want to walk in and get completely stomped. lol
I am a fat a** ... my name is Chris ... and I'm addicted to cookies ... sorry I couldn't resist quoting Forrest Griffin ... but seriously ... I'm an amateur mixed martial arts fighter with an amateur record of 25-6-3 ... I've been training and fighting for about two years now ... I train independently with a group of friends all with backgrounds ... I'm extremely poor ... but am saving up to join one of the camp nearby ... like AKA or Shamrock Martial Arts or Cung Le's USHQ ... but yeah ... I love mix martial arts ... every aspect of it ... I am thinking about going pro ... but still thinking about it ...
Rooster86
Hey bro. Man I'm still trying to figure out what gym i want to go to... there is a Gracie Barra school (Gracie Barra - Northsshore jiu-jitsu)not far from me and there is an OMEGA school even closer so idk. I'm working with some friends of mine on the weekends who are already taking classes to get a jump before i enroll ya know. Dont want to walk in and get completely stomped. lol

Depending on you interests ... but I'd go with Gracie Barra ... Gracie jiu-jitsu ... a brown belt in that is as good as most other black belts ...
Rooster86
Here is the diet plan i am about to adopt:

a good structured mma diet plan -

Live by this saying when dieting for a fight:

"If you can't grow it or kill it DON'T eat it"

You wanna eat as clean as possible and this is going to give you a better return for your fight.

Basically you wanna turn everything to "brown" brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread.

You wanna take roughly 1500-2000 cals if you are trying to lose weight in a day.

So I like to do something like below:

Breakfast:

2 egg whites or 1 egg
2 whole wheat toast with a tsp of pb (peanut butter)

Snack: (roughly 2 hours later)
Protein shake or bar

Lunch: (2 hours later)

Turkey Sandwich on wheat bread
Yougart
Piece of fruit

Snack: (2 hours later)
Cup of almonds
Piece of Fruit (I use banana's or apples)
or
Protein shake

Dinner: (2 hours later)
8oz grilled chicken (or steak, salmon, etc)
green salad with fat free dressing.

I found it online and im pretty sure its going to work out.

But what about the workout to comes with it ... because a diet works incogjunction with a workout plan ...
@baka: Yea i was really thinking about the Gracie school. And the workout is a LOT of cardio and strength training. Also working on building a quick recharge rate. lol Its going to be a hard road. Hardest thing im going to face is..... to quit smoking. Its going to be hell!
Rooster86
@baka: Yea i was really thinking about the Gracie school. And the workout is a LOT of cardio and strength training. Also working on building a quick recharge rate. lol Its going to be a hard road. Hardest thing im going to face is..... to quit smoking. Its going to be hell!

Good luck ... wait ... what weight class are you ... or better yet ... what are your stats ... height ... weight ... that sort of thing ... it might help ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games