Welcome to Gaia! ::

UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche - February 23, 2013

Main Card
Women's Bantamweight Championship bout: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche
Rousey def. Carmouche via submission (armbar) at 4:49 of round 1.
Light Heavyweight bout: Lyoto Machida vs Dan Henderson
Machida def. Henderson split decision [28-29, 29-28, 29-28]
Bantamweight bout: Urijah Faber vs Ivan Menjivar
Faber def. Menjivar via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:34 of round 1.
Welterweight bout: Court McGee vs Josh Neer
McGee def. Neer via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Robbie Lawler
Lawler def. Koscheck via TKO (punches) at 3:57 of round 1.

Preliminary Card (FX)
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson
Schaub def. Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Lightweight bout: Michael Chiesa vs Anton Kuivanen
Chiesa def. Kuivanen via wubmission (rear-naked choke) at 2:29 round 2.
Featherweight bout: Dennis Bermudez vs Matt Grice
Bermudez def. Grice via split decision [29-28, 28-29, 29-28]
Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs Caros Fodor
Stout def. Fodor via split decision [28-29, 29-28, 29-28]

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Welterweight bout: Kenny Robertson vs Brock Jardine
Robertson def. Jardine via submission (kneebar) at 2:57 of round 1.
Welterweight bout: Neil Magny vs Jon Manley
Magny def. Jon Manley via unanimous decision [30-27, 30-27, 29-28]
Catchweight (175.8 lbs.) bout: Nah-Shon Burrell vs Yuri Villefort
Burrell def. Villefort via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

And history (or more like HERstory) was made ..... glad to have witnessed it ...

Raider

Whoa, have you heard what is going on with Aldo? After initially refusing to defend his Featherweight title against Anthony Pettis, Aldo has agreed to take the fight AND if he wins, Aldo gets the next shot at the Lightweight belt. I'm actually really surpised.
I guess Pettis wasn't willing to wait around for Henderson v. Milendez in April, so he challenged Aldo. Aldo mentioned how the weight cut is difficult and a move up to 155 lbs would be more suitable. If Aldo does win, what does the Featherwight scene look like? Frankie Edgar isn't going anywhere and Ricardo Lamas still wants his shot. What do you think about the Aldo-Pettis matchup and what about Henderson-Milendez. Crazy stuff going on haha.

Perfect Sex Symbol

vinnieg33
Whoa, have you heard what is going on with Aldo? After initially refusing to defend his Featherweight title against Anthony Pettis, Aldo has agreed to take the fight AND if he wins, Aldo gets the next shot at the Lightweight belt. I'm actually really surpised.
I guess Pettis wasn't willing to wait around for Henderson v. Milendez in April, so he challenged Aldo. Aldo mentioned how the weight cut is difficult and a move up to 155 lbs would be more suitable. If Aldo does win, what does the Featherwight scene look like? Frankie Edgar isn't going anywhere and Ricardo Lamas still wants his shot. What do you think about the Aldo-Pettis matchup and what about Henderson-Milendez. Crazy stuff going on haha.

Haven't heard about that yet, crazy. Makes sense though, the older you get, the more difficult those weight cuts become, and you don't realize it but your reflexes start to slow little by little and there is a speed difference between lightweight and featherweight.

I'm still recovering from the Brian Stann/Wanderlei fight, that was awesome

Raider

Rainer_Jager

Yeah, that made the whole card totally worth while. They came to fight and it was great to see Wanderlei brawl in there and get the win against a tough opponent. Respect to Stann but Silva is a walking legend.
And according to Struve, one of Hunt's punches broke his jaw.
vinnieg33
Rainer_Jager

Yeah, that made the whole card totally worth while. They came to fight and it was great to see Wanderlei brawl in there and get the win against a tough opponent. Respect to Stann but Silva is a walking legend.

indeed

User Image
Hunt vs Struve... I have never seen such disregard to "not listening to your corner" in my entire life. not to mention the lack technique haha. Exciting fight n all, but hunt kept taking him down even though he had so much success standing. and struve just kept pawing at him. and when they were on the ground, he attempted so many submissions but couldnt finish haha. Including that arm bar where he leaned back to finish...only to realize he had no arm...lol.

Also have you seen the GSP vs Diaz commercials? As epic as they are...i think GSP should say something like.. "I am going to give him a beating he'z never ad before. He haz awaken a dark side of me that no one haz ever zeen. I am going to beat him down...for 5 rounds...and leave his fate with the judges...i am not imprezzed b your performanzz"
vinnieg33
Rainer_Jager

have you seen the xrays? he didnt just dislocated it or anything, he split it in half... gnarly stuff..
now that overeem's "injured", how do u think hunt's gonna do against jds?
did Hunt actually get the OK already? and honestly...Hunt is one crazy fighter...but JDS is on a whole nother level... hunt is far too slow in comparison in my opinion...kudos to him for wanting the fight though.
GSP for the win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games