Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Hunter

Yo I recently started MMA classes and I've been in Taekwondo for 5 years, and I am second degree Black belt, anyone want to talk about MMA, lol?
Hey i will. I'm a huge fan of mma but i only took 3 months of BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) cuz i couldn't afford $100 a month. but yea i love mma and its rare to see a good taekwondo mma fighter but i'm sure you'll do just fine as long as you practace your ground game with your stand up. But yea do you watch any UFC or any other mma compitions??? Oh yea what are your fav martial arts for mma??? mine personally are Boxing and BJJ
Muay Thay all the way baby!!

Shameless Hunter

Unforntunately Idk what exactly my instructor was trained in but he knows all the ground locks, and he boxes, yeah I really want to build my ground game, and the Muay Thay is ok, lol I used to watch all that stuff, but I started college and so I haven't watched like any tv whatsoever, so I forgot a lot of people, um I say TKD, boxing and jiu jitsu are all needed, so I'm working on all three. We just learned the superman, and we've been having a lot of fun with that, lol.
III Chaos III
Unforntunately Idk what exactly my instructor was trained in but he knows all the ground locks, and he boxes, yeah I really want to build my ground game, and the Muay Thay is ok, lol I used to watch all that stuff, but I started college and so I haven't watched like any tv whatsoever, so I forgot a lot of people, um I say TKD, boxing and jiu jitsu are all needed, so I'm working on all three. We just learned the superman, and we've been having a lot of fun with that, lol.

I've done some TKD and some kick boxing as well. but I'm also in college and don't really have time for that stuff.
haha same here. I guess us college boys are the only ones that like mma.

but yea I do love Muy Tai.......i like almost all martial arts but i think Muy Tai is the perfect martal art for a street fight. But i like the whole muy tai clinch and everything not just the tony jaa stuff.

But yea my fav is boxing and bjj cuz those are the funnest to practice lol. but if you wanna watch stuff youtube has a lot of mma fights and other videos that are really good. if you wanna practice ground game at home (me and my bro do this all the time) check out "submissions 101" and "gracie academy". Gracie Academy is great for beginers because it is very detailed and submissions 101 is good for more of the complacated stuff.........yea and its called SUBMISSIONS 101

Check ya guys later. Peace
I liked Muay Thay wayyyy before any of the Tony Jaa movies were out, he just made it popular stare kids came pouring in after the tony jaa movies came out.

Shameless Hunter

Lol, yeah, his movies were pretty cool though. Yeah I don't have anyone besides my buds on Tuesdays and Thursdays, maybe Saturdays to practice my ground game, but it's getting better.
bme
I liked Muay Thay wayyyy before any of the Tony Jaa movies were out, he just made it popular stare kids came pouring in after the tony jaa movies came out.

yes, but, you must be fair, he's reeeally gooood.. blaugh
i prefer striking but no one wants to stand with me stare
but i've been practicing Muy Thai for 8 months and Judo. I've been boxing for 4 years. my favorite locks are the omaplata, rear naked choke, and armbar.
WOOT my record is 4-1!
first 2 fights were wins by KO
3rd fight was a win by submisson
4th was won by unanimous decision
i lost my 5th fight though.. sweatdrop

my next fight is next month

but i'm glad someone posted a mma forum. i'm tired of seeing wwe forums..

Shameless Hunter

Lol, that's pretty good, yeah I mean I can find peeps who'll stand with me, but what I need to improve is my ground game, Woot MMA class tonight. And yeah I was looking through, and all I saw was UFC or WWE threads, WWE isn't even real in the first place, yeah it's fun to watch. And the UFC threads I never looked in because that is a professional thing, so MMA would be the thread, besides mainly just like talking about the different martial arts, and there moves is what I wanted to do.
i'd rather see a man drop because he was hit by a well trained warrior then a man being dropped by a well trained actor. that's why i don't like the wwe even though it's entertaining. i guess it just gets old.
the only thing that hurts the "wrestlers" in the wwe is the ring. lol i got slammed last week, cuz i was sparring with my cousin, and it ******** hurt. i'm still feelin' it

Shameless Hunter

Lol, yeah exactly, I'll probably learn some more ground locks tonight, so that'l be good.
cool. i wish you the best of luck then
the_posessed_saint123
i prefer striking but no one wants to stand with me stare
but i've been practicing Muy Thai for 8 months and Judo. I've been boxing for 4 years. my favorite locks are the omaplata, rear naked choke, and armbar.
WOOT my record is 4-1!
first 2 fights were wins by KO
3rd fight was a win by submisson
4th was won by unanimous decision
i lost my 5th fight though.. sweatdrop

my next fight is next month

but i'm glad someone posted a mma forum. i'm tired of seeing wwe forums..

haha omoplata....you know your submissions. I'm a guy who purely loves the ground game cuz i don't have to worry about getting knocked in the head a lot and still know that what i'm training for is effective. But yea my fav submissions are heel hooks and triangles. I really wanna learn the 10th planet stuff by Eddie Bravo too but like i said i cant afford the classes.

But good luck to ya i'll make sure to root for you when u get big.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff