Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yea i agree. The capoeria fail was good even though i love capoeria (not as a self defense method though) its just looks like fun coming from a bboy. But yea Tony Jaa movies are great although his last one wasn't that good. he actually did an arm bar in his new one but other than that the movie wasn't good. he didn't have as cool stunts as he did in the first Ogg bak or the protector.

Shameless Hunter

Awww, yeah I haven't seen the newer one, but the capoeria dude in the protector was really goo, lol.
so did u guys see UFC 100???

Shameless Hunter

MAN I ******** wish. I wasn't able to see it, pissed me off.
I've taken Taekwondo since I was 10 years. I only reached Brown Belt High. I shifted to Aikido and now in blackbelt. i also learned ARNIS. I'm currently doing Kick Boxing. I once was harrassed by gangsters here in the Philippines and I was able to use all the skillsi learned. imanaged to survivedeath due to presence of mind and my martial arts. Women should enroll too.You'll never know.

Shameless Hunter

Pretty nice man, what is ARNIS and yeah women should definitely learn martial arts my school actually has a program that is mainly for women to defend themselves from attackers.
Anthonitias
Pretty nice man, what is ARNIS and yeah women should definitely learn martial arts my school actually has a program that is mainly for women to defend themselves from attackers.

ARNIS is the same as eskrima and kali ... Filipino stickfighting ... but I do Zulu stickfighting ... I also train MMA ... I got a boxing and wrestling background ... I got an amateur record of 8 -0-1, 1 NC ...

Shameless Hunter

Not bad, my school has a type of stick fighting with padded sticks idk if the techniques are based off something else or if it's just Taekwondo.
redraptor06
the_posessed_saint123
well...i wont be fighting for awhile.
tore my acl
...damn football practice

but thnx 4 the support guys biggrin

dang that sucks man. My one regret in highschool was that i didn't take football or wresling......that woulda really booseted up my ground game if I did.

could be worse you could have been Corey Hill

Corey Hill: Leg Break Caution: Very Graphic
Anthonitias
Not bad, my school has a type of stick fighting with padded sticks idk if the techniques are based off something else or if it's just Taekwondo.

My friend does eskrima ... and his instructor is old fashion Filipino ... no pad ... and actually rattan sticks ...
Anthonitias
Yeah the long legs are pretty good for the ground game, but I love to be a striker and I'm 6'3 and kicking at the head is an easy knock out, if you land it enough.

What weight class are you in ... or just weight ...
the Renaissance Lives
Your right about the old renowned fighters......although i still think that Randy could have a few more fights in him that he could win. But yea you can see how mma is evolving by a lot of the old fighters. Royce Gracie almost got beat by submission from Matt Huges and Ken Shamrock is getting beat by no names now.

One thing i really wanna see is Fedor come into the UFC. Oh yea my dream heavyweight fight would be Brock Lesner vs. Kimbo Slice (Brock will kill him but it'll still be fun).

So whats everyone elses dream match ups???

I'd agree, Randy's still got some life left in him; it also helps that he's quite a skilled fighter. During that Lesnar fight, I think ultimately Brock just ended up overpowering him; Couture still looked more composed and experienced.
Fedor is a machine, but Arlovski looked like he could've won their last fight; except that he had that discouraging defeat a week or so ago...
And Kimbo Slice is a silly man. I think he's got a shot at getting a contract after going through TUF but....ah, I dunno. I'm not a fan of Lesnar. lol

Hmmm...dream match ups?
Someone to man-handle GSP. lol

You apparently didn't see Penn v GSP I
redraptor06
the Renaissance Lives
No, college boys aren't the only one's who like MMA. ;p
I used to do a bit of TKD when I was a child, but left that field of interest up until recently. I have respect for each style of fighting, but ultimately one should be confident & knowledgeable of all techniques; at least the basics.
I prefer ground game myself since I've got long legs (good for full guard & getting triangles/other submissions) but I'm not hesitant to get up and do some striking.

I like to watch & pay attention to WEC, Affliction & UFC and if anyone's watched the progression of fighting over the years, it's interesting to see the once renowned fighters of the past now don't stand much of a chance in the octagon (besides the fact that some are far over their prime *cough* Couture and Liddell) ^^

Your right about the old renowned fighters......although i still think that Randy could have a few more fights in him that he could win. But yea you can see how mma is evolving by a lot of the old fighters. Royce Gracie almost got beat by submission from Matt Huges and Ken Shamrock is getting beat by no names now.

One thing i really wanna see is Fedor come into the UFC. Oh yea my dream heavyweight fight would be Brock Lesner vs. Kimbo Slice (Brock will kill him but it'll still be fun).

Rua v Griffin II
afromma
redraptor06
the Renaissance Lives
No, college boys aren't the only one's who like MMA. ;p
I used to do a bit of TKD when I was a child, but left that field of interest up until recently. I have respect for each style of fighting, but ultimately one should be confident & knowledgeable of all techniques; at least the basics.
I prefer ground game myself since I've got long legs (good for full guard & getting triangles/other submissions) but I'm not hesitant to get up and do some striking.

I like to watch & pay attention to WEC, Affliction & UFC and if anyone's watched the progression of fighting over the years, it's interesting to see the once renowned fighters of the past now don't stand much of a chance in the octagon (besides the fact that some are far over their prime *cough* Couture and Liddell) ^^

Rua v Griffin II

That would be good ...

maybe Emelianenko v Barnett, A. Silva v W. Silva, Griffin v Jardine II, Griffin v Bonnar III
I have been training in MMA for 1.5 years ... I got an amateur record of 10-1-0 ... I also do knife fighting, archery, and tomahawk fighting ... I'm an Apache ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff