Welcome to Gaia! ::

P.S Muay Thai.
man i do brazil jo jet su man and kickboxing
the_posessed_saint123
well...i wont be fighting for awhile.
tore my acl
...damn football practice

but thnx 4 the support guys biggrin

dang that sucks man. My one regret in highschool was that i didn't take football or wresling......that woulda really booseted up my ground game if I did.
the Renaissance Lives
No, college boys aren't the only one's who like MMA. ;p
I used to do a bit of TKD when I was a child, but left that field of interest up until recently. I have respect for each style of fighting, but ultimately one should be confident & knowledgeable of all techniques; at least the basics.
I prefer ground game myself since I've got long legs (good for full guard & getting triangles/other submissions) but I'm not hesitant to get up and do some striking.

I like to watch & pay attention to WEC, Affliction & UFC and if anyone's watched the progression of fighting over the years, it's interesting to see the once renowned fighters of the past now don't stand much of a chance in the octagon (besides the fact that some are far over their prime *cough* Couture and Liddell) ^^

Your right about the old renowned fighters......although i still think that Randy could have a few more fights in him that he could win. But yea you can see how mma is evolving by a lot of the old fighters. Royce Gracie almost got beat by submission from Matt Huges and Ken Shamrock is getting beat by no names now.

One thing i really wanna see is Fedor come into the UFC. Oh yea my dream heavyweight fight would be Brock Lesner vs. Kimbo Slice (Brock will kill him but it'll still be fun).

So whats everyone elses dream match ups???

Shameless Hunter

Yeah the long legs are pretty good for the ground game, but I love to be a striker and I'm 6'3 and kicking at the head is an easy knock out, if you land it enough.
Your right about the old renowned fighters......although i still think that Randy could have a few more fights in him that he could win. But yea you can see how mma is evolving by a lot of the old fighters. Royce Gracie almost got beat by submission from Matt Huges and Ken Shamrock is getting beat by no names now.

One thing i really wanna see is Fedor come into the UFC. Oh yea my dream heavyweight fight would be Brock Lesner vs. Kimbo Slice (Brock will kill him but it'll still be fun).

So whats everyone elses dream match ups???

I'd agree, Randy's still got some life left in him; it also helps that he's quite a skilled fighter. During that Lesnar fight, I think ultimately Brock just ended up overpowering him; Couture still looked more composed and experienced.
Fedor is a machine, but Arlovski looked like he could've won their last fight; except that he had that discouraging defeat a week or so ago...
And Kimbo Slice is a silly man. I think he's got a shot at getting a contract after going through TUF but....ah, I dunno. I'm not a fan of Lesnar. lol

Hmmm...dream match ups?
Someone to man-handle GSP. lol
the Renaissance Lives

I'd agree, Randy's still got some life left in him; it also helps that he's quite a skilled fighter. During that Lesnar fight, I think ultimately Brock just ended up overpowering him; Couture still looked more composed and experienced.
Fedor is a machine, but Arlovski looked like he could've won their last fight; except that he had that discouraging defeat a week or so ago...
And Kimbo Slice is a silly man. I think he's got a shot at getting a contract after going through TUF but....ah, I dunno. I'm not a fan of Lesnar. lol

Hmmm...dream match ups?
Someone to man-handle GSP. lol

wait so do you mean that your not a fan of GSP??? He is definitly one of my fav UFC guys cuz he is incredably smart. But yea i cant picture anyone being able to man-handle GSP lol he does the job of man-handling pertty well.

Oh yea i almost forgot. Anderson Silva is gonna fight Forrest Giriffen..........or did we mention that already. I donno but i think its gonna be a great fight although i think anderson is gonna end up being the winner.

And i've still yet to see UFC99. I really hope i see carol uno does well cuz he got MESSED UP last time he fought BJ Penn. But ppl still tell me Uno is good so i wanna see what he's got. same as Cro Cop cuz i've never seen him fight but i kno he was pretty hyped awhile ago.

Shameless Hunter

I hate missing those fights..... I'm tryin' to watch them, but it's a freakin pain, with all the homework I do.
Anyway, has anyone seen Fightin??
A buddy of mine, he's taking the MMA classes too, saw it and he said it sucked horrible.
I quit Tae kwon do before I got to black belt. My instructor emailed me and said I should come back.
i'm a little bit of everything, but i don't have extensive training in anything. i got some judo, some sambo, some Tae kwon doe, lil bit of Karate and akiedo, and i did some wrestling way back when. i'd like to learn some BJJ but theres really no place to learn it out her short of a professional MMA gym and i don't have the money or really the interest to pursue it on a professional level.

Shameless Hunter

Writergirl97
I quit Tae kwon do before I got to black belt. My instructor emailed me and said I should come back.

O_O Why does your instructor even have your e-mail, lmao.

Shameless Hunter

UrulokeUndying
i'm a little bit of everything, but i don't have extensive training in anything. i got some judo, some sambo, some Tae kwon doe, lil bit of Karate and akiedo, and i did some wrestling way back when. i'd like to learn some BJJ but theres really no place to learn it out her short of a professional MMA gym and i don't have the money or really the interest to pursue it on a professional level.

Yeah I know what you mean, that's pretty cool though knowing as much as you do.
III Chaos III
I hate missing those fights..... I'm tryin' to watch them, but it's a freakin pain, with all the homework I do.
Anyway, has anyone seen Fightin??
A buddy of mine, he's taking the MMA classes too, saw it and he said it sucked horrible.

Yea i downloaded that movie because i had a feeling that it would suck and i didn't wanna waste my money on it.

..........i was right.

The only submissions that were there was two rear nacked choke attempts and there wasn't even a technacial stand up either. It wasn't even considered mma because there was no mention of any martial arts except for wrestling cuz the main chars dad was a coach. Other than that its like watching two random ppl fight who just learned how to do a RNC (read nacked choke).

I also didn't care for Never back down either but thats just my personal opinion (it was better than fighting though) But the only mma movie i did kinda enjoy was redbelt but even that didn't have that good fighting scenes. It was more about symbolizing the corruption thats in cerrtain mma organization than fighting but i still enjoyed it.
That would be cool to do that kind of stuff haha.

Shameless Hunter

Yeah, that's what he said, Never Back Down as a movie wasn't that good, but the beatdown tourney, sorry man, that Caporeira fail was awesome, and Tony Jaa's movies were really good though, although not technicacly MMA movies but still as martial arts movies yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff