Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bellator LXXXVI - January 24, 2013
Main Card (Spike TV)
Welterweight Championship bout: Ben Askren (c) vs Karl Amoussou
Askren defeated Amoussou via TKO (doctor stoppage) at the end of the round 3.
Light Heavyweight Tournament Quaterfinal bout: Muhammed Lawal vs Przemyslaw Mysiala
Lawal defeated Mysiala via TKO (punches) at 3:52 round 1.
Welterweight Tournament Quarterfinal bout: Douglas Lima vs Michail Tsarev
Lima defeated Tsarev via TKO (leg kicks) at 1:44 of round 2.
Welterweight Tournament Quarterfinal bout: Ben Saunders vs Koffi Adzitso
Saunders defeated Adzitso via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
Catchweight (140 lbs.) bout: Jason Sampson vs Chris Pham
Sampson defeated Pham via submission (armbar) at 4:55 of round 3.
Welterweight Tournament Quarterfinal bout: Brent Weedman vs Marius Zaromskis
Weedman defeated Zaromskis via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)Welterweight Tournament Quarterfinal bout: Raul Amaya vs. José Gomes
Amaya defeated Gomes via TKO (punches) at 3:12 of round 1.
Lightweight bout: Damon Jackson vs Zach Church
Jackson defeated Church via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:43 of round 2.
Middleweight bout: Cortez Coleman vs Matt Jones
Coleman defeated Jones via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28]

Unaired
Featherweight bout: Hunter Tucker vs Javier Obregon
Tucker defeated Javier Obregon via submission (guillotine choke) at 3:17 of round 2.
I do Kung Fu (More of the street fighting style with traditional elements) and Chinese Kick boxing. 3nodding

Raider

Ok, please tell meI wasn't the only one who was completely surprised by Bigfoot's KO of Overeem. With the way that fight was going, it wasn't the war I thought, but Overeem got caught and went down HARD!! Good showing by former Strikeforce fighters, Woodley was very impressive. Green did a great job too.
Muay Thai, yes! I also love Jeet Kun Do. Just cause I am asian :]

Dangerous Poster

vinnieg33
Ok, please tell meI wasn't the only one who was completely surprised by Bigfoot's KO of Overeem. With the way that fight was going, it wasn't the war I thought, but Overeem got caught and went down HARD!! Good showing by former Strikeforce fighters, Woodley was very impressive. Green did a great job too.

I thought Overeem would win this one easily given how slow Bigfoot is, but he wasn't able to bully Bigfoot in the clinch so nothing happened in the first 2 rounds. The way he was dropping his hands, Overeem was just asking to get knocked out. I think giving Bigfoot a rematch with Cain right away would be a mistake though. The KO was impressive but that was more about what Overeem didn't do rather than what Bigfoot did.
SNK Boss Fight
vinnieg33

I thought Overeem would win this one easily given how slow Bigfoot is, but he wasn't able to bully Bigfoot in the clinch so nothing happened in the first 2 rounds. The way he was dropping his hands, Overeem was just asking to get knocked out. I think giving Bigfoot a rematch with Cain right away would be a mistake though. The KO was impressive but that was more about what Overeem didn't do rather than what Bigfoot did.

who do you think cain should fight next?

Bigfoot makes me laugh... after he won against browne he was begging for a rematch with cain (there's an interview on youtube), but when he won against overeem he didn't ask for it anymore, he was clearly avoiding the topic of having a rematch with him everytime someone asked if he wanted to fight for the title because he saw how he destroyed dos santos

we just saw how alisteroids overdose is overrated

Dangerous Poster

tutty
SNK Boss Fight
vinnieg33

Bigfoot makes me laugh... after he won against browne he was begging for a rematch with cain (there's an interview on youtube), but when he won against overeem he didn't ask for it anymore, he was clearly avoiding the topic of having a rematch with him everytime someone asked if he wanted to fight for the title because he saw how he destroyed dos santos

Although they don't want to fight each other, DC vs Cain would be a match I'd like to see. Otherwise they might need to do the winner of Struve vs Hunt if they want to get Cain back in the ring as soon as possible. Both Hunt and Struve are on winning streaks even though it isn't exactly against top contenders, but this is heavyweight so it's not like the division is super deep. I think they'll probably give JDS a rubber match sooner than later also.

Edit: and just after I type all this, I read that Dana confirms Cain vs Bigfoot and JDS vs Overeem.
SNK Boss Fight
tutty
SNK Boss Fight
vinnieg33

Although they don't want to fight each other, DC vs Cain would be a match I'd like to see. Otherwise they might need to do the winner of Struve vs Hunt if they want to get Cain back in the ring as soon as possible. Both Hunt and Struve are on winning streaks even though it isn't exactly against top contenders, but this is heavyweight so it's not like the division is super deep. I think they'll probably give JDS a rubber match sooner than later also.

Edit: and just after I type all this, I read that Dana confirms Cain vs Bigfoot and JDS vs Overeem.

What are your predictions on this card?
Mines are:
Cain 1st round via KO
Jds 2nd round via TKO
Anyone ready for Mcdonald vs Barao?
VodkaandLSDisaCop
Anyone ready for Mcdonald vs Barao?

barao's gonna win, he's going to be the next champ

Raider

King Mo becomes the second powerful striker to succumb to leaving one's hand down. Emanuel Newton was wise for going for that spinning backfist, awesome KO. I was really dissapointed to see Rad Martinez go down but Shahbulat Shamhalaev is going to be a star. I'm impressed with his power and he can mix up his strikes too, he's a dangerous man. Great card from Bellator last night!

Partying Genius

6,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Edward 100
Rousey and Machida are getting the W tonight. Rousey is an idol of mine <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers