Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I was thinking of starting. Is it better than karate etc..?
Fabadozer

That depends on who's personal opinion you're looking at ...

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ladymuaythai
Fabadozer

I want to learn something that contains a lot of defence moves as well as attacking moves too. MMA sounds good.
Fabadozer
ladymuaythai
Fabadozer

I want to learn something that contains a lot of defence moves as well as attacking moves too. MMA sounds good.

It really depends ... if you're lookuing to just strike ... you might as well look into boxing or muay thai ... if you looking to take it to the ground ... you might as well look into jiu-jitsu, judo, or wrestling ... mixed martial arts in essence is a combination of all of these ... you'll be looking to be a jack of all trade, but a master of none ...

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ladymuaythai
Fabadozer
ladymuaythai
Fabadozer

It really depends ... if you're lookuing to just strike ... you might as well look into boxing or muay thai ... if you looking to take it to the ground ... you might as well look into jiu-jitsu, judo, or wrestling ... mixed martial arts in essence is a combination of all of these ... you'll be looking to be a jack of all trade, but a master of none ...

Ok, thanks smile
superrainbowtransformer
Yo I recently started MMA classes and I've been in Taekwondo for 5 years, and I am second degree Black belt, anyone want to talk about MMA, lol?

nice biggrin

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
redraptor06
haha same here. I guess us college boys are the only ones that like mma.

but yea I do love Muy Tai.......i like almost all martial arts but i think Muy Tai is the perfect martal art for a street fight. But i like the whole muy tai clinch and everything not just the tony jaa stuff.

But yea my fav is boxing and bjj cuz those are the funnest to practice lol. but if you wanna watch stuff youtube has a lot of mma fights and other videos that are really good. if you wanna practice ground game at home (me and my bro do this all the time) check out "submissions 101" and "gracie academy". Gracie Academy is great for beginers because it is very detailed and submissions 101 is good for more of the complacated stuff.........yea and its called SUBMISSIONS 101

Check ya guys later. Peace

u got that wrong razz im 14 yrs old and is interested in martial arts lol... Same here.. I think muay thai is good in street fight.. But just needs a little bit of jujitsu.. Since most street fights goes to the ground after few mins...
YEA WOHOO FIGHTING!! emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff