GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon

Both teams benefit from it.

No...all teams benefit from it.

They both benefit from it the most. Stop denying.
Not all teams benefit from it, look at the Kings vs Lakers series 2002.

Yes that series was bad. The Miami heat are 17 in the league when it comes to free throws attempted
The top five are:
Rockets
Clippers
Timberwolves
Kings
Nuggets

For the current NBA playoffs teams
Okc-8
Pacers-15
Heat-17
Spurs-28

The heat don't benefit from calls as much as you think. Last night I think they had 7 FTA while the pacers had like 20+

Lebron is pretty much the only one driving lately, even Wade relies on his jumpshot. So they are pretty much a jumpshooting team so FTAs are not the way to judge it. And last night The Heat had 20 and The Pacers had 25, so you are pretty much making up things. The Pacers are much more aggressive than the Heat. And LeBron flops a lot and benefits from it, Wade dirty plays.
And LeBron is number 2 right now in FTAs excluding Dwight. And why are you comparing FTAs in regular season? You could see the Heat were not really aggressive in Regular Season, they were coasting through the season to save their energy for the playoffs. Some teams do it, like The Spurs. That's the reason why they (Heat) lost so much to teams below .500, that's why their record drop so much. And Pacers are a smart defensive team, only fouls when needed type of team. Lately Heat relies more on their jumpshot than before, they are basically Lebron James & Dwyane Wade + Spot up shooters right now.

Why can't FTA be used here? You're arguing that okc and heat are getting most calls?(Wrong to use regular season stats? Fine. In the postseason, miami is ranked around 12 where indiana and okc are in the top ten)You basically only said that Lebron is the benefitting from the charity stripe the most, which is true. But as a unit, its not as grand cause like you said...

"they are basically Lebron James & Dwyane Wade + Spot up shooters"

Wouldn't it be more of a problem if they got to the line more while playing like this?

Calls does not always result to a Free Throw attempt, could be a turnover or even make the other guy in foul trouble. When Lebron flops, he either go to the line, cause a turnover (which is even worse in my opinion) or get a player in foul trouble.
I'm arguing that a guy like Bron & Durant pretty much can just flail around their arm and get a foul or ram over the defender and still get the call while a guy like Carmelo gets mugged and the game will carry on.
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon

Yes that series was bad. The Miami heat are 17 in the league when it comes to free throws attempted
The top five are:
Rockets
Clippers
Timberwolves
Kings
Nuggets

Okc-8
Pacers-15
Heat-17
Spurs-28

The heat don't benefit from calls as much as you think. Last night I think they had 7 FTA while the pacers had like 20+

Lebron is pretty much the only one driving lately, even Wade relies on his jumpshot. So they are pretty much a jumpshooting team so FTAs are not the way to judge it. And last night The Heat had 20 and The Pacers had 25, so you are pretty much making up things. The Pacers are much more aggressive than the Heat. And LeBron flops a lot and benefits from it, Wade dirty plays.
And LeBron is number 2 right now in FTAs excluding Dwight. And why are you comparing FTAs in regular season? You could see the Heat were not really aggressive in Regular Season, they were coasting through the season to save their energy for the playoffs. Some teams do it, like The Spurs. That's the reason why they (Heat) lost so much to teams below .500, that's why their record drop so much. And Pacers are a smart defensive team, only fouls when needed type of team. Lately Heat relies more on their jumpshot than before, they are basically Lebron James & Dwyane Wade + Spot up shooters right now.

Why can't FTA be used here? You're arguing that okc and heat are getting most calls?(Wrong to use regular season stats? Fine. In the postseason, miami is ranked around 12 where indiana and okc are in the top ten)You basically only said that Lebron is the benefitting from the charity stripe the most, which is true. But as a unit, its not as grand cause like you said...

Wouldn't it be more of a problem if they got to the line more while playing like this?

Calls does not always result to a Free Throw attempt, could be a turnover or even make the other guy in foul trouble. When Lebron flops, he either go to the line, cause a turnover (which is even worse in my opinion) or get a player in foul trouble.
I'm arguing that a guy like Bron & Durant pretty much can just flail around their arm and get a foul or ram over the defender and still get the call while a guy like Carmelo gets mugged and the game will carry on.

Have you watched the OKC vs Spurs game today? That's absolutely what I'm saying, teams that would benefit TV ratings more are the one refs will love to play with. Just look at the free-throw differential, if you have watched the game they can push every Spurs and rarely gets called on.
NBA wants a rematch of Heat Vs Thunder, they'll try their best to make it happen.
And that 3 pointer of Patty Mills? It should have counted, it really cooled down the Spurs after that call. How about Adams jumping on Tim Duncan's back? No frigging foul. And Ibaka can touch the shooter's hands and get away with it.
Sometimes it's really obvious and it's just hard to watch even if the team you are rooting is the one getting the calls. Pretty much an asterisk* win on OKC's part, not earned but given.
They are pretty much given lots of "little bump and a foul" calls especially their Big 3.
It's just sad to see some teams can play aggressive and can get away with it and some teams can't.

Invisible Humorist

RedSolomon
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon

The top five are:
Rockets
Clippers
Timberwolves
Kings
Nuggets

Okc-8
Pacers-15
Heat-17
Spurs-28

Have you watched the OKC vs Spurs game today? That's absolutely what I'm saying, teams that would benefit TV ratings more are the one refs will love to play with. Just look at the free-throw differential, if you have watched the game they can push every Spurs and rarely gets called on.
NBA wants a rematch of Heat Vs Thunder, they'll try their best to make it happen.
And that 3 pointer of Patty Mills? It should have counted, it really cooled down the Spurs after that call. How about Adams jumping on Tim Duncan's back? No frigging foul.
Sometimes it's really obvious and it's just hard to watch even if the team you are rooting is the one getting the calls. Pretty much an asterisk* win on OKC's part, not earned but given.
They are pretty much given lots of "little bump and a foul" calls especially their Big 3.
It's just sad to see some teams can play aggressive and can get away with it and some teams can't.

Yeah I saw that game. Excluding the fact that the spurs barely go to the line anyways, the fouls called were bad. I wouldn't say it was the biggest factor to the spurs lost, but it was blatant. Can you explain why Patty Mills didn't get the 3 points. For one...I didn't even see a foul occur.
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon

And that 3 pointer of Patty Mills? It should have counted, it really cooled down the Spurs after that call. How about Adams jumping on Tim Duncan's back? No frigging foul.

Yeah I saw that game. Excluding the face that the spurs barely go to the line anyways, the fouls called were bad. I wouldn't say it was the biggest factor to the spurs lost, but it was blatant. Can you explain why patty mills didn't get the 3 points. For one...I didn't even see a foul occur.

An offensive foul occurred "don't know who it was called on" after Patty Mills shot the ball. Even the commentators were shocked that it didn't. That was definitely the worst foul in that game in my opinion, not only it costed them 3 points but it cooled them down hard. Momentum played a big factor in this game.

Invisible Humorist

RedSolomon
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xd

Invisible Humorist

RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon

Yeah I saw that game. Excluding the face that the spurs barely go to the line anyways, the fouls called were bad. I wouldn't say it was the biggest factor to the spurs lost, but it was blatant. Can you explain why patty mills didn't get the 3 points. For one...I didn't even see a foul occur.

An offensive foul occurred "don't know who it was called on" after Patty Mills shot the ball. Even the commentators were shocked that it didn't. That was definitely the worst foul in that game in my opinion, not only it costed them 3 points but it cooled them down hard. Momentum played a big factor in this game.

Apparently Patty Mills kicked his feet out, that was the foul.
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
RedSolomon

But it should have been ruled as a continuation since he was already in shooting motion.

Invisible Humorist

RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
RedSolomon

But it should have been ruled as a continuation since he was already in shooting motion.

But it was ruled as an offensive foul?
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark
RedSolomon
GhostlyMark

But it was ruled as an offensive foul?

Offensive foul but it should account 3 points to the Spurs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The foul happened after he released the ball which it even worse in the ref's part.
And if you look at it, the ref doesn't even motion a call after the ball went in, which is kind of suspicious if you ask me. rolleyes
And it's the natural shooting motion of Patty Mills, he does it a lot. He wasn't trying to kick Durant, overreaction by the refs.
http://youtu.be/ZJpxJQ5Ya7I?t=32s
Lmao! rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas