Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Member

Rangers
AL champs again this year.

Hopefully they win it this year, and don't get shafted like last year.

******** lucky cardinals.

Professional Lunatic

All right, I'll throw it out there.

Am I the only one excited for all the over-the-top antics the Miami Marlins are doing?

Aquarium in the backstop. Bright green walls around the field. Amazing new stadium. That FABULOUS homerun display. That not official theme song, that is pretty catchy regardless.

OH man. Marlins are my NL team this year. No doubt about it.

Ozzie. Reyes. Johnson. Ramirez. Stanton. Morrison.

All of this while nabbing that second WC slot to make the playoffs. I'm amped.

Salty Wench

We do have choices.

Loria certainly has thrown a ton of money at his team this year, so perhaps they will be able to contend. Also, with a new ballpark to pique the public's interest again, attendance will be up. Considering how empty those orange bleachers have been the past several seasons, I'd say that alone could give the Marlins enough of a spark to actually win some games this year.

But yeah, they definitely upped the talent threshold this year. It'll be interesting to see what Guillen can do with them.

Edit: I still think those aquariums are the single worst design decision in the history of baseball though (yes, even worse than not putting a retractable roof on Target Field). I don't care how shatterproof the glass is, those are going to be some dead-a** fish.

...I choose to go down swingin'.User Image

Professional Lunatic

Yeah. Poor fish. One passed ball or wild pitch and those fishes little hearts will go kaput!

Also, nice to see you again, Arya. 3nodding

Salty Wench

We do have choices.

I'm surprised you even know who I am at this point, I've gone through so many name changes. xD

Good to see you too, Renzo!

Renzo Tace

Am I the only one excited for all the over-the-top antics the Miami Marlins are doing?

Aquarium in the backstop. Bright green walls around the field. Amazing new stadium. That FABULOUS homerun display. That not official theme song, that is pretty catchy regardless.

The Marlins are probably the most interesting NL team this year. I'm waiting to see what happens when Zambrano and Ozzie clash. Stanton is a star in the making, and JJ should win a CYA someday.

Professional Lunatic

Trinitus40
Renzo Tace

The Marlins are probably the most interesting NL team this year. I'm waiting to see what happens when Zambrano and Ozzie clash. Stanton is a star in the making, and JJ should win a CYA someday.

With all that offense in the line up, they haven't been able to do squat yet, but baseball is a marathon. 160 more games to go.

And JJ will contend for the Cy every year if he stays healthy. That is a big question mark for him at the moment.

Also, nice to see you again, Trin.

Professional Lunatic

I Arya I
We do have choices.

I'm surprised you even know who I am at this point, I've gone through so many name changes. xD

Good to see you too, Renzo!

For the life of me, I can't remember your original screen name, but thanks to posting on my profile, I've been able to remember who you are. You're the original Twins fan around here.

Salty Wench

Renzo Tace

For the life of me, I can't remember your original screen name, but thanks to posting on my profile, I've been able to remember who you are. You're the original Twins fan around here.
We do have choices.

In the day of Alexandra's quest thread, I was Thea11. biggrin

God, that was forever ago. But you're damn right I'm the Twins fan around here! User Image

Professional Lunatic

Thea! Yes, that was it. Good times.

Also, does any one find it amusing Randy Johnson is now a professional photographer?
Renzo Tace

Also, does any one find it amusing Randy Johnson is now a professional photographer?

He is? Is he any good?

Also, good to see you Renzo. Seems like you're the one link between the present day thread and how it used to be.

How is Brendan Ryan doing for you guys? Had a pretty decent WARP (I'm way into SABR stats now) last year, but it was all fielding. Think he'll be anything more than an all field no hit SS (a la Davey Concepcion)?

Professional Lunatic

Trinitus40
Renzo Tace

He is? Is he any good?

Also, good to see you Renzo. Seems like you're the one link between the present day thread and how it used to be.

How is Brendan Ryan doing for you guys? Had a pretty decent WARP (I'm way into SABR stats now) last year, but it was all fielding. Think he'll be anything more than an all field no hit SS (a la Davey Concepcion)?

Dunno if Johnson is any good, but he's done NASCAR, concerts, and other events as well. Apparently, he takes it as serious as his pitching back in his playing days.

As for Ryan, he was scratched from the line up tonight due to a stiff neck. Hopefully nothing worse comes of it and he can get back on the field as soon as possible.

Frankly, his hitting at this point will probably never really improve much, but with that glove, I'm perfectly content with him being in the daily line up. He lead all SS last season in defensive runs saved with 18.
Renzo Tace
Trinitus40
Renzo Tace

He is? Is he any good?

Dunno if Johnson is any good, but he's done NASCAR, concerts, and other events as well. Apparently, he takes it as serious as his pitching back in his playing days.

As for Ryan, he was scratched from the line up tonight due to a stiff neck. Hopefully nothing worse comes of it and he can get back on the field as soon as possible.

Frankly, his hitting at this point will probably never really improve much, but with that glove, I'm perfectly content with him being in the daily line up. He lead all SS last season in defensive runs saved with 18.

I hope he does well with you guys. Just that last year in St Louis he had worn out the players, management and the fans with his abysmal hitting and immaturity. Glad he's grown up some.
Good start for the Redbirds this week. Only 4 games, so most stats mean nothing, but I like how the whole team on offense is clicking pretty well and the starters have been solid. If the bullpen gets straightened out, the team will be pretty good.

Salty Wench

We do have choices.

Well, at least the Twins managed to score a run before the 8th today, but we still haven't gotten a W yet.

Willingham has been looking pretty good, though. He's the only Twin with any homers (hit his second one today). Might as well be the only Twin with any hits period, what with the way we've been playing. LOL.

To be honest, though, I'm waiting for the Crouching Mauer, Hitting Dragon to reawaken this year. The pressure of a new contract is off, so maybe he'll be able to return to form. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces