Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toronto Blue Jays

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Picture of the Day biggrin

boy oh boy is baseball ever awesome^^
The Trivia Spot question

Who set a World Series record for most consecutive scoreless innings pitched, 33 2/3
---Baseball History and Quotes---
I'm stuck on Mantle and Maris right now ^_^

Mickey Mantle quotes

"Roger Maris was as good a man and as good a ballplayer as there ever was."

"Sometimes I think if I had the same body and the same natural ability and someone else's brain, who knows how good a player I might have been."

"The best team I ever saw, and I really mean this, was the '61 Yankees.I never got to see the '27 Yankees. Everyone says that was the greatest team ever, but I think it would've been a great series if we'd have had the chance to play them."

"Well, baseball was my whole life. Nothing's ever been as fun as baseball."

Roger Maris quotes

"I don't want to be Babe Ruth. He was a great ballplayer. I'm not trying to replace him. The record is there and damn right I want to break it, but that isn't replacing Babe Ruth."

"I feel that I was a good all-around player, I had good speed, a good arm and could play the outfield."

"I never wanted all this hoopla. All I wanted is to be a good ball player and hit twenty-five or thirty homers, drive in a hundred runs, hit .280 and help my club win pennants. I just wanted to be one of the guys, an average player having a good season."

"I think the most privacy I had was when the game was going on."

"It would have been a helluva lot more fun if I had not hit those sixty-one home runs."

"It's a business. If I could make more money down in the zinc mines I'd be mining zinc."

"It's like obituaries, when you die they finally give you good reviews."

"Maybe I'm not a great man but I damn well want to break the record."

"Now they talk on the radio about the record set by (Babe) Ruth, and (Joe) DiMaggio and Henry Aaron. But they rarely mention mine. Do you know what I have to show for the sixty-one home runs? Nothing, exactly nothing."

Quotes about Maris (I really like him)

"A lot of people wrote that Roger (Maris) and I didn't like each other and that we didn't get along. Nothing could be further from the truth." - Mickey Mantle

"Let me tell you about him. I gave him one point for speed. I do this because he can run fast. I give him another point because he can slide fast. Then I give him a point because he can bunt. I also give him a point because he can field, very good around the fences, even on top of the fences. Next, I gave him a point because he can throw. A right fielder has to be a thrower or he's not a right fielder. So I add up my points and I've got five for him before I even come to his hitting. I would say this is a good man." - Casey Stengel

"When he (Roger Maris) hit it, he came into the dugout and they were all applauding. I mean, this is something that's only happened once in baseball, right? And the people were all applauding. They wanted him to come back out. He wouldn't come out, so the players had to push him back out. They forced him to come out and take a bow. That's the kind of guy he was. He was great, and I really liked him." - Mickey Mantle

Professional Lunatic

Holy crap..... eek
Renzo Tace
Holy crap..... eek

Hey hold up willis you don't know my master plan---okay basically it will be like the other thread--we'll just let that one die--and this one will be better because I can be more in control--if you know what I mean wink

Professional Lunatic

There are reasons there ain't any female world leaders....And who the hell is Willis?

D-Train? eek
Take that picture of Steve Finley out of your sig. He was traded to LA. Thxxxkk
Renzo Tace
There are reasons there ain't any female world leaders....And who the hell is Willis?

D-Train? eek

That might be true---ah come on--you mean to tell me you've never heard of "what you talkin about Willis" ah classic come on.

SK`` so you're telling me I have to take Steve Finley out of my sig just because he's a Dodger now--Ridiculous--besides I can't bare to see him in a Dodgers uniform >.>
*Stands back and admires thread*

It's so beautiful xd
StratusFox

It's so beautiful xd
Its so true blaugh
heartbreakkid101
StratusFox

It's so beautiful xd
Its so true blaugh

redface whee Thanks--it was a lot of effort, but well worth it I'd say--now to see if people will use it properly *crosses fingers*
You can count on me Stratus. No basketball talk here biggrin
heartbreakkid101
You can count on me Stratus. No basketball talk here biggrin

xd That's good to hear--it's just that I've seen all of it--people comming in saying baseball sucks--basketballs rox---stuff like that--I don't want to see it here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff