Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Zealot

Wow as a Caniac I'm surprised when i see a positive mention of the Canes. So used to seeing nearly every sports writer put them down. We really need to get our goalies healthy then I think we would be set. we have a skilled top 6 and pretty good depth after that with players like Gerbe. And I can say for once our defense doesn't look bad. Faulk has really stepped up and Hainsey and Sekera were good deals on JR's part. and now we get Gleason back. starting to shape up for a good team. Haven't heard much from Mike Komiserak though.

bottom line is if we can get our goalies healthy we would be set!

And the top 6 player you missed was Jiri Tlusty.
Looking at the Maple Leafs roster I notice they are lacking that true number one center. I don't think they have had one since Mats Sundin left. They really need to try and get someone this deadline or summer to play with Kessel and Lupol. It hurts even worse now that Bolland is most likely out for the year.
For you Canes fans out of curiosity how is Jared Staal doing??? Is he even on the big team club or is he down in the AHL??? I find it so hard to believe that all of his brothers are main contributors to their teams yet he can hardly crack a roster.

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
YourWickedness
Looking at the Maple Leafs roster I notice they are lacking that true number one center. I don't think they have had one since Mats Sundin left. They really need to try and get someone this deadline or summer to play with Kessel and Lupol. It hurts even worse now that Bolland is most likely out for the year.

I feel for you on that one, but yea Bozak is a number 2 and Bolland isn't even that on a good team. Gauthier looks good, but not a guy that's going to be an elite 1C on an NHL team, IMO.
Kazama Kotarou
YourWickedness

I feel for you on that one, but yea Bozak is a number 2 and Bolland isn't even that on a good team. Gauthier looks good, but not a guy that's going to be an elite 1C on an NHL team, IMO.

Yeah not to mention Van Riemsdyk and Clarkson. They have a great top 6 other than a true number 1 centerman. If they could swing a deal to get someone like Joe Thornton or Patrick Marleau or someone of that caliber even they would be right up there in the eastern conference with Pittsburgh and Boston.
based cod
Caps! heart

The Capitals seem to do well every year but cant seem to get the job done in the playoffs. Do you think that they need some better players on the second line to take the load off Ovechkin and Backstrom??
YourWickedness
based cod
Caps! heart

The Capitals seem to do well every year but cant seem to get the job done in the playoffs. Do you think that they need some better players on the second line to take the load off Ovechkin and Backstrom??

I don't know what their problem is when they get to the post season. Although I do think they've had so many coaches in the last few years and have had to learn so many new systems, that might have been why Ovi struggled for a while. I think it would be nice to have more depth and to be stacked on talent like the Pens are for example. I think the Caps GM is not very good.
based cod
YourWickedness
based cod
Caps! heart

I don't know what their problem is when they get to the post season. Although I do think they've had so many coaches in the last few years and have had to learn so many new systems, that might have been why Ovi struggled for a while. I think it would be nice to have more depth and to be stacked on talent like the Pens are for example. I think the Caps GM is not very good.

Yeah I think ever since Boudreau left they haven't been the same team. I really think they need to try and get some better top 6 help though. If they could get a 30 goal scorer in addition to Ovi and Backstrom they would win a lot more games.
[******** the Sharks lost there first game in black and it was against the Vancouver Canucks. How fitting!
[******** the Sharks lost there first game in black and it was against the Vancouver Canucks. How fitting!
Sharks were always my favorite Western Conference team. I fear there window for a cups running out though. Im a huge Joe Thornton and Scott Hannan fan "although hes fallen off a bit in recent years". Hertl has been a pleasant surprise this year a future top line of Couture and Hertl will be awesome.
*peaks in*

Go Canucks 3nodding

emo tough match up for the Sharks on Thanksgiving eve. The Kings have been killing it all year...ugh....last year game 7....

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
KratosArion
Wow as a Caniac I'm surprised when i see a positive mention of the Canes. So used to seeing nearly every sports writer put them down. We really need to get our goalies healthy then I think we would be set. we have a skilled top 6 and pretty good depth after that with players like Gerbe. And I can say for once our defense doesn't look bad. Faulk has really stepped up and Hainsey and Sekera were good deals on JR's part. and now we get Gleason back. starting to shape up for a good team. Haven't heard much from Mike Komiserak though.

bottom line is if we can get our goalies healthy we would be set!

And the top 6 player you missed was Jiri Tlusty.

They were looking pretty good at the start of the season. Really need to get someone in goal if Ward's going to be on IR. Usually if the Canes falter in areas, the Checkers are able to cover them in terms of temporary talent but this year the Checkers are struggling as well. As someone who bleeds hockey in a state where people laugh at people who love any sports other than Football and Baseball, it disheartens me to see a team with such talent and heart struggle so much.

Glad to know another Caniac on the boards though! Usually I'm alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff