Welcome to Gaia! ::

IMNOTWEARINGPANTSTODAY
winged squiger
Looking back at TSN's facebook page showing his major trades, the weakest was the one where he got Kessel. This is a bit of a puzzling move, as an outsider at least. I would almost want to give him an extra year.
On the flip side, I've been calling for his head ever since he made the Kessel trade. The man is a team destroyer, not a team builder.

The two first rounders were too much for Kessel, admittedly. And his draft picks don't seem like the best either. Though he still seems like a decent GM, nowhere near Ken Holland's level though, in my opinion.

Girl-Crazy Prophet

13,175 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
winged squiger
The two first rounders were too much for Kessel, admittedly. And his draft picks don't seem like the best either. Though he still seems like a decent GM, nowhere near Ken Holland's level though, in my opinion.
I've never seen him as a decent GM. His claims to fame are drafting the Sedin's, inheriting a team that was poised for a Cup run (Pronger was the only guy he added and I believe he limited the Oilers options to California), Phil Kessel and the 2010 Olympics. He left Vancouver in a mess, Anaheim in ruin (they still haven't recovered) and Toronto in the worst shape they've been since 1991. I've never liked this guy.

Girl-Crazy Prophet

13,175 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If I had to rank BB among the 30 GM's in the league I would have ranked him 29th, right above Scott Howsen in Columbus. They're the only 2 GM's right now that I can think of that stand out as being so blatantly bad. Since Atlanta let Don Waddell go in 2010 that is.

Ken Holland is easily one of the best. I'm an Av's fan and I have no qualms in saying that. I call it as I see it and I'd rank him up there with Nashville's David Poile and Boston's Peter Chiarelli as the 3 best in the NHL right now. I'd love to see what Poile could do if he had a team with the finances of Detroit, Boston or Toronto. The fact that he and head coach Trotz have kept the Preds competitive for so long with such limited financial resources is absolutely incredible.
1) Jonathan Huberdeau much awaited rookie scores first goal of the season in the first game.

Looks promising!

2) Leafs are winning! biggrin

3) Pens vs Flyers was crazyyyy
Sharks won their away season opener 4-1 against the Flames. next is the Oilers!
Sharks win their second away game in a row for the sweep of Alberta. Season opener is against the division title champs Phoenix Coyotes next Thursday!

Enduring Hunter

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
What a game between Boston and New York, Gaborik with a Hat Trick and the nice goal in OT. Rask played really well.
Sharks are undefeated so far with 3-0 and now are leading the Pacific Division. They will play Colorado Avalanche Saturday.
Leafs win agains the Penguins then lose against the Islanders. Wtf lol.

Hope they can beat the Rangers today. Nash-Richards-Gaborik looks like a deadly line.
Sharks win again they are 4-0. Tomorrow they face the Canucks.
sharks lost to the beat team in the nhl right now...the Blackhawks....they broke the record with the best start to a season 14-0-3

Omnipresent Humorist

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
Just wanted to make a quick shout-out for my hometown on this thread... crying

R.I.P. Atlanta Hockey (Flames 1988, Thrashers 2010)
May Gary Bettman fall through an ice lake... evil
Montreal needs to cut the crap with the embellishing. You don't get respect by playing like a b***h.
I just wanted to say. I bought a Hartford Whalers Ron Francis Jersey smile Its awesome!

The Toronto Maple Leafs are playing incredible hockey. just sayin wink
m00ncakez
I just wanted to say. I bought a Hartford Whalers Ron Francis Jersey smile Its awesome!

Green or white?

The Blackhawks are driving me insane. I need to see them lose...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff