Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shame about the lockout, really. I'm done with optimism, but it's why the owners know fans will be back. Anytime you see a TSN or ESPN insider claiming there's new talks being done or a new offer in the Twitter and other social networks exploded with optimism that the season will be saved. It's why the owners know they have us.

Personally, I'll still watch my Penguins on TV, but I don't plan on buying tickets or merch for quite a while.

As for what hockey I've been watching, it's been pretty simple. The 19th ranked Robert Morris University Colonials play within walking distant of my apartment, so there's that to watch quite frequently. There's the SUPERSTAR Connor McDavid playing less than 2 hours away for the Erie Otters of the OHL. And on weekends when I'm up early, I'll try to watch a KHL game or two. Of course, right now the World Junior Championships are on, so that's been an absolute blast to watch. I haven't been down to West Virginia yet, but there's an ECHL team very close, as well, down there.

While I'm sad that NHL is probably not going to be played unless a miracle happens and pettiness is put aside in the next few days, I've had plenty of solid hockey to watch.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Hopefully the NHL club owners will man up and vote Commissioner Gary Bettman out of office when this recent lockout ends! He's had four--count them, four--work stoppages under his 21-year watch as NHL commissioner. I want my Blackhawks hockey and Bettman's head on a silver platter.
Norman Obama
Hopefully the NHL club owners will man up and vote Commissioner Gary Bettman out of office when this recent lockout ends! He's had four--count them, four--work stoppages under his 21-year watch as NHL commissioner. I want my Blackhawks hockey and Bettman's head on a silver platter.

Bettman is employed by the owners. He's not like some rogue agent trying to screw everyone over. This is the will of the ownership or else they would have told him otherwise.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Leonard_Snart
Norman Obama

Bettman is employed by the owners. He's not like some rogue agent trying to screw everyone over. This is the will of the ownership or else they would have told him otherwise.

I'm aware that he's an employee of the owners. However, his lack of leadership in this lockout is seriously hurting their franchises' bottom lines, in terms of revenue from ticket, memorabilia, concessions, advertising, broadcasting, et cetera, sales--money that has already been pre-prepared in their 2012-13 budgets (unless they took out insurance policies in the event of any work stoppage). While i could care less about Sidney Crosby's expenses, it's people like the Zamboni drivers or organ players who rely on these paychecks to survive--paychecks that are gained through profits generated by the aforementioned franchise services.

Leaders like Bettman are supposed to lead, not hide in the shadows like the good politican that he technically is. If his stupidity had hurt my hockey profits because he cannot resolve a fiscal crisis like the current lockout, then you can well be assured that his old-time New York Jewish a** will be kicked to the curb and then some before the new hockey season.
I think you've severely over estimating how big of a hit owners are taking in this lockout...
Leonard_Snart
Shame about the lockout, really. I'm done with optimism, but it's why the owners know fans will be back. Anytime you see a TSN or ESPN insider claiming there's new talks being done or a new offer in the Twitter and other social networks exploded with optimism that the season will be saved. It's why the owners know they have us.

Personally, I'll still watch my Penguins on TV, but I don't plan on buying tickets or merch for quite a while.

As for what hockey I've been watching, it's been pretty simple. The 19th ranked Robert Morris University Colonials play within walking distant of my apartment, so there's that to watch quite frequently. There's the SUPERSTAR Connor McDavid playing less than 2 hours away for the Erie Otters of the OHL. And on weekends when I'm up early, I'll try to watch a KHL game or two. Of course, right now the World Junior Championships are on, so that's been an absolute blast to watch. I haven't been down to West Virginia yet, but there's an ECHL team very close, as well, down there.

While I'm sad that NHL is probably not going to be played unless a miracle happens and pettiness is put aside in the next few days, I've had plenty of solid hockey to watch.

I really hope Leafs end up drafting Connor McDavid in 2015.
Attention fans of the New Jersey Devils! Vanderbeek is now the sole owner of the team.

A shame that there might not be any action this season due to the lockout, save for the KHL, AHL, and college hockey stuff.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

1.2.3 season!
                    Such awesome news to wake up too!
                    This short season should be pretty good fight.
                    Not as good as a full season, but better then not having on at
                    all.

Wheezing Heckler

let those players hit the ice. i can't wait for the first puck drop of the season!

Dapper Gaian

yay i missed hockey so much!

Girl-Crazy Prophet

13,175 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I still remember '95. This is going to be a whirlwind of hockey as they try and squeeze 48 or 50 games into a 3 month span.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Leonard_Snart
I think you've severely over estimating how big of a hit owners are taking in this lockout...

It seems like forever since I've seen you last.

Girl-Crazy Prophet

13,175 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
IMNOTWEARINGPANTSTODAY

Looking back at TSN's facebook page showing his major trades, the weakest was the one where he got Kessel. This is a bit of a puzzling move, as an outsider at least. I would almost want to give him an extra year.

Girl-Crazy Prophet

13,175 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
winged squiger
Looking back at TSN's facebook page showing his major trades, the weakest was the one where he got Kessel. This is a bit of a puzzling move, as an outsider at least. I would almost want to give him an extra year.
On the flip side, I've been calling for his head ever since he made the Kessel trade. The man is a team destroyer, not a team builder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff