Welcome to Gaia! ::

Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Thread is totally inactive..

Stanley Cup comes down to just the Kings and Devils! My guess is Kings in 7, but I don't know.. the Devils are playing damn good. Kovalchuk is posessed.
I'm surprised how dead it is myself. Hockey threads are slow here apparently.

Yep, it seems that way.

So guys.. Luongo/Brodeur have new destinations on mind.. could be interesting.
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh

Stanley Cup comes down to just the Kings and Devils! My guess is Kings in 7, but I don't know.. the Devils are playing damn good. Kovalchuk is posessed.

Yep, it seems that way.

Luongo goes to florida or stays in Vancouver. Don't want him in Toronto.

Brodeur, anything can happen. Wouldn't mind seeing a veteran goaltender in Toronto for one year at least until they can find a good long term goaltender if Reimer/Scrivens not good enough.

I want to know who gets Parise and Nash too although Toronto probably won't get either since they don't need a centre more.

By the way did anyone hear about this?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/25/islanders-reportedly-offered-blue-jackets-all-of-their-draft-picks/

If this is true, Blue Jackets GM is an idiot for refusing that and Islander's GM is stupid for offering something like that.

Invisible Friend

8,500 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Invisibility 100
this look so boring emotion_bigvein

M3XII's Wife

Friendly Conversationalist

Gustavsson agreed to a two year contract w/ the Red Wings, backing up Howard.
Belisaria
Gustavsson agreed to a two year contract w/ the Red Wings, backing up Howard.
Brodeur re-signed with Devils.
Minnesota got Suter and Parise for over 10 years.

5,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Dont you hate it when you have a fav team and you know they have great potential, but they never get there. Like look at L.A. they've been one of the lower teams in the NHL and then this year they win the cup! It's that way for many teams like Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, etc. Don't any of you agree?
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh

Yep, it seems that way.

Brodeur, anything can happen. Wouldn't mind seeing a veteran goaltender in Toronto for one year at least until they can find a good long term goaltender if Reimer/Scrivens not good enough.

I want to know who gets Parise and Nash too although Toronto probably won't get either since they don't need a centre more.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/25/islanders-reportedly-offered-blue-jackets-all-of-their-draft-picks/

If this is true, Blue Jackets GM is an idiot for refusing that and Islander's GM is stupid for offering something like that.

xd Yeah, I heard about the offer.. that's just lame.

Apparently the latest offer has been Lupul + 1st for Mason Raymond/Roberto Luongo.. which such a shitty trade. Toronto should just stick to Reimer/Scrivens because Vancouver is asking for way too much.
yoya15
Dont you hate it when you have a fav team and you know they have great potential, but they never get there. Like look at L.A. they've been one of the lower teams in the NHL and then this year they win the cup! It's that way for many teams like Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, etc. Don't any of you agree?

Yeah.. definitely. LA Kings are one of the bigger sleeper teams though, because they really are stacked but it just was not evident until these playoffs where they dominated. Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, etc.. are not really stacked to the extent that the Kings are, I'd say.

Dallas is stacked though, in my opinion.

5,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Kaz E Fresh
yoya15

Yeah.. definitely. LA Kings are one of the bigger sleeper teams though, because they really are stacked but it just was not evident until these playoffs where they dominated. Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, etc.. are not really stacked to the extent that the Kings are, I'd say.

Nah, Edmonton is gonna be much better this season. neutral
yoya15
Kaz E Fresh
yoya15

Nah, Edmonton is gonna be much better this season. neutral

I'm fully aware. The team has developed so much, a more experienced Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins AND the addition of Yakupov are gonna be deadly.. perhaps Edmonton will even make the playoffs, but you asked about teams that were consistently underachieving where Edmonton is just starting to solidify their roster now.

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
What all do you guys think of the trades going on? Anyone you would have traded and for who? Or any trade you disliked this season?

Dapper Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
So it seems that Dale Tallon won't be breaking the Panthers tradition of being overloaded with talented goaltenders any time soon. The Panthers have signed OHL Goaltender of the Year, Michael Houser.

I've also heard from a guy, who heard it from his dad who heard it from Steve Goldstein (Panthers TV Play-By-Play Announcer), so this is just a rumour, that the Panthers will make a conscious effort for Luongo. Also the President of the Panthers Tweeted he is going to Vegas for an important dinner tonight. You know who else is in Vegas right now? Roberto Luongo. If this deal happens we'll have Theodore, Clemmenson (Who needs to stay in the backup position no matter what), Luongo, Markstrom, and Houser. I believe a "Why can't I hold all these ____ " macro would be appropriate.
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh
Science Professor
Kaz E Fresh

Yep, it seems that way.

xd Yeah, I heard about the offer.. that's just lame.

Apparently the latest offer has been Lupul + 1st for Mason Raymond/Roberto Luongo.. which such a shitty trade. Toronto should just stick to Reimer/Scrivens because Vancouver is asking for way too much.
Yeah I heard of that too. I heard Bernier wants to leave, I would just wait until next year to see what opens up. I don't want Luongo at all and the asking price for Nash is too high. (side note, did you know Yakupov is Muslim? I find that interesting)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff