Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eyes
Yo, I break it down like a hammer on ice. *beatboxes*

cool

I'm cool. So...I see you made a new thread Jasper.

Yah, the old one died. As for your rapping skills, your the next Vanilla Ice. xd
got that right... stare
Jasperoni
Eyes
Yo, I break it down like a hammer on ice. *beatboxes*

cool

I'm cool. So...I see you made a new thread Jasper.

Yah, the old one died. As for your rapping skills, your the next Vanilla Ice. xd
just hope he doesnt pick up the dance moves twisted now that would be evil twisted

anyways, hockey is great, but isn't belfour retiring soon? i hope not... hes cool, they'd need to train someone a long while to be able to impress the fans and replace him cry
Nah, the Leafs are making major moves secretly. One that slipped out is they are trying to sign Sidney Crosby before he is drafted. The other is Toronto is trying to pick up Curtis Joesph. (Again) The reason for that is Cujo left to win a cup and his chances at that cup have decreased immensely with the loss of Federov and Yzerman soon to retire. His chances of a cup are way better currently in Toronto. The problem is that Belfour has another year on his contract and no one wants him because he is almost certainly going to retire after this final season. So they would have 2 old timers and no future.

Other goaltender news is Ottawa is trying to get Dominik Hasek. The thing that has me wondering is the reasoning. I have come to one conclusion, Prusek. Yes their names both end in "sek" but there is more to it than that. They both play the exact same style and Prusek wears the same old time goalie helmet like Hasek. My final thoughts are if Ottawa can get Hasek to teach Prusek for a season or two you may see a spitting image of Hasek in Ottawa. That was Colorado's downfall. They had Roy and Abby. Problem is they play different styles and it did nothing for Colorado's future. Hasek did HUGE things in Buffalo even when the team in front of him was medicore at best most of the time. Imagine another younger Hasek on a team with a damn good future. Very smart on their parts. If Hasek gets traded to Ottawa, that team is going to be a force to recon with in about 5 years down the line.

The league's future champions are in Detroit's hands now. With Cujo in Toronto that may give them that final spark they need to get further in the playoffs. With Ottawa having Hasek teaching another person who reminds me of a younger Hasek you may see quite a few cups in Canada in the coming years. Vancouver and Calgary are a force that may be able to win the cup in these up coming seasons. Then you have Ottawa with a plan to make a cup run a few years down the line. Toronto is 50/50. Goaltending is their downfall, if they could pick up Brodeur or even some younger talent they may also be a major cup competitor.
all i know is with the new cap coming into affect the pens are going to take there rightful place back on top!
I think they should make goalie equipment small but thats it. The width of the pad should be limited but the length should be ok when compared to the goalies height.And i think they should bring back the shoot out. Personally as a goalie i love them. And force anyone whos involved to play there best and beyond.
EH....... I HATE HOCKEY!!!!!
who play as the penguins

go the penguins xd
Foxy Gurl14
EH....... I HATE HOCKEY!!!!!

Then why are you in a hockey chat? To tell the hockey fans how much you hate it?

Quote:
I think they should make goalie equipment small but thats it. The width of the pad should be limited but the length should be ok when compared to the goalies height.And i think they should bring back the shoot out. Personally as a goalie i love them. And force anyone whos involved to play there best and beyond.

I don't agree with the goalie equipment becoming smaller but I would like the shoot outs to come back. I, like you, love them as a goalie.
Hey Jasperoni!

Nice job with the new thread. I just have a quick question, in one of your earlier posts you mentioned that Ottawa was/is trying to get Hasek to sign with them. From what I had/have been hearing, I thought that was a done deal? Can anyone clarify that for me?
Alright, I'll try to get to everyone.

Quote:
all i know is with the new cap coming into affect the pens are going to take there rightful place back on top!

Hahahahahaha. Unlikely. rofl xd

Quote:

They already put rules on goalie equipment sizes a few years ago. They want to change the rule now and make the pads smaller again. I do not agree with that.

As for shoot outs. No way. Maybe in minor hockey. But not in junior and professional. Those games are to be decided by the game and the players playing it. Not by a break away shot. Ever since 1998 when Canada lost to the Czech's in the Olympic gold medal game in a shoot out I have dispised it. I have also lost a gold medal game by shoot out. Do you realise how shitty you feel afterwards? It's not fun. At least when you lose in overtime you can say you lost fair and square. But to lose your chances at gold over one lucky shot. There is no skill involved.

The 1998 Olympics were the deciding factor in the shoot out rule. Canada was expected to absolutely murder the Czechs. But that day the Czechs played amazing and Canada was trying to keep up. They came out with a tie and played through overtime to a shoot out. The Czech's only won for one reason, that was Dominik Hasek and 3 fluke shots that got past Roy just barely. That is no way to lose a game. I have absolutely no respect for a team who wins in a shoot out. I can see if they worked their asses off to get to that point, but to cruise into it like the Czechs did and win an Olympic gold medal. There is no pride in that.

Quote:
Hey Jasperoni!

Nice job with the new thread. I just have a quick question, in one of your earlier posts you mentioned that Ottawa was/is trying to get Hasek to sign with them. From what I had/have been hearing, I thought that was a done deal? Can anyone clarify that for me?

Hey Moose.

Thanks and no one knows. He is expected to hold a conference today or tommorow to announce his signing with Ottawa. All the media figures its a done deal. I think it is too. But you will see him very soon on the sports channel announcing his signing with Ottawa. I wouldn't think he'd pass up the chance to play in Ottawa. I think everyone is trying to get out of Detroit now. Back in the 90's it would have been an honor to play there, but now its just another death sentence to your career.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

I really don't have a problem with shootouts in the playoffs, since I'm sure the overtime marathons you see from time to time do a good job of turning fans away. But regular season? That sounds like a bit much... maybe if they trimmed the games back to a neater number like 70 or something, then it wouldn't be needed.
Hey Jas, in one NHL thread we had talked about where the worst and best places for Crosby to go to. I was wondering what you thought were the worst and best places for him

In other news.. Crosby signed an endorsement deal with Gatorade.
AKILLA
Hey Jas, in one NHL thread we had talked about where the worst and best places for Crosby to go to. I was wondering what you thought were the worst and best places for him

In other news.. Crosby signed an endorsement deal with Gatorade.

Crosby has signed tons of endorsment deals already. He's a millionaire before he even got signed to a team.

Top 5 best teams:
Tampa Bay Lightning: Enough said. Just imagine St. Louis, Lecavailler and Crosby one the same line. Now that is one scary thing for all goaltenders in the league.

Vancouver Canucks: Also enough said. There are tons of players that Crosby could play with. Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison, the list goes on. I personelly would really like to see Crosby in either T-Bay or Vancouver just because they offer him so much, just like Gretzky got in Edmonton when he started.

Colorado Avalanche: Sakic and Crosby. A goaltenders worst nightmare by far. He could also pull this team up from their past few lacking seasons.

Nashville Predators: Unlike the three mentioned above, this team doesn't have any immediate talent. They have however shown some of the best scouting in the league, picking up players like Tootoo, Upshall, Weber, the list goes on and on. If Crosby is looking to have an amazing future instead of a quick burst into the league, this is where he should most likely go.

Ottawa Senators: They may look like a dormant team, but their General Manager is making small moves here and there and making his team to be amazing. The biggest most largest impact on his team so far would have to be them about to sign Hasek. I mentioned that above and my reasoning.

Top 5 worst teams:
Washington Capitals: Enough said, worst team in the league and they traded all their future and current players away.

Detroit Red Wings: The team traded all their future for mass ammounts of all-stars just to win a few Stanley Cups. Now players like Steve Yzerman and Chris Chelios are breaking apart at a rapid pace.

New York Rangers: Same story as Detroit, except it worked for Detroit, I didn't see any cup victories when they got Pavel Bure and Eric Lindros.

New Jersey Devils: Too defensive for Crosby. He wouldn't mix well with the players New Jersey picks up. It's not because I think New Jersey is a horrible team, which they aren't. Just Crosby playing on the most defensive team in the league would not mix well.

As for a fifth team. It's sort of a tie between New York Islanders, Buffalo, Atlanta, Florida, Columbus, Minnesota, Anaheim, Phoenix and Dallas.

The rest of the teams are sort of middle men. They wouldn't be the best picks for Crosby, but they would be better than the worst teams mentioned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff