Welcome to Gaia! ::

AHHHH JAS IS RANTING ABOUT HOW MY FLAMES SUCK AGAIN!!!

martin gelinas-hes going to be bought out for fresh talent.
iggy-hes better then bert or naslund, i know we disagree on this topic but the stats prove it.
kipper-first of all, you and me both know one bad game dosnt mean a good goalie is now a bad goalie. and, finland had no defence, AND he was injured.

not to mention, nobody can really say what team is good or bad, every team is going to look differant next year. for all we know, we might both be bitching about how neither of our teams won the northwest, and colorado fans will be joining as minnesota upsets them all. (not likely) edmonton fans are to slow to realise whats happening until a month after the season.
loud_but_deadly
AHHHH JAS IS RANTING ABOUT HOW MY FLAMES SUCK AGAIN!!!

martin gelinas-hes going to be bought out for fresh talent.
iggy-hes better then bert or naslund, i know we disagree on this topic but the stats prove it.
kipper-first of all, you and me both know one bad game dosnt mean a good goalie is now a bad goalie. and, finland had no defence, AND he was injured.

not to mention, nobody can really say what team is good or bad, every team is going to look differant next year. for all we know, we might both be bitching about how neither of our teams won the northwest, and colorado fans will be joining as minnesota upsets them all. (not likely) edmonton fans are to slow to realise whats happening until a month after the season.

I hate dancing. xd

Alright, first off Gelinas and Iggy need to stay together for the chemistry. Otherwise that line is toast because they already traded away Craig Conroy. Without Conroy and Gelinas Iginla will end up playing with some young players, like Chuck Kobasew.

You can't compare Bertuzzi and Iginla, you should know that. Bertuzzi is a power forward, he stands in front of the net and picks up rebounds. He goes into the corners and injures guys for the puck. Iginla is a finess player, he relies on his skating and shooting. If he did what Bertuzzi does then he would get killed night in and night out. He isn't big enough to do Bertuzzi's job. He proved that when Jordin Tootoo kicked the living piss out of Iginla. xd Then you have Bertuzzi who goes out and fights the heavy weights like Sandy McCarthy, Scott Parker and many other heavy weights. Iginla was fighting fricken Martin St Louis and Jordin Tootoo. xd Both those guys are all like 5'8 180 pounds. xd Iginla towers over them easily, don't get me wrong, I like Iginla. But he is no power forward.

As for better than Naslund? Hahaha. You need to get your facts straight. Naslund was injured for a while because of that elbow from Steve Moore and he still wasted Iginla in points last season. Don't believe me? Here you go:

2003-2004:
4th overall - Marcus Naslund
Games played: 78
Goals scored: 35
Assists: 49
Point total: 84

16th overall - Jarome Iginla
Games Played: 81
Goals scored: 41
Assists: 32
Point total: 73

2002-2003:
2nd overall - Marcus Naslund
Games played: 82
Goals scored: 48
Assists: 56
Point total: 104

5th overall - Todd Bertuzzi
Games played: 82
Goals scored: 46
Assists: 51
Point total: 97

Even Bertuzzi the power forward wasted Iggy. xd

34th overall - Jarome Iginla
Games played: 75
Goals scored: 35
Assists: 32
Point total: 67

Personelly I think thats far enough back to see your stats thing, isn't true.

The only players who beat Marcus Naslund last season for points was Martin St. Louis, Ilya Kovalchuk and Joe Sakic. Sakic and Kovalchuk missed one game that season. Naslund missed 4. Iginla missed one and St. Louis played a full season.

Kovalchuk and Sakic both ended up with 87 points. Naslund missed 3 games more than them. Lets do the math. Naslund played 78 games and got 84 points, 84 / 78 = 1.07 points a game. So he missed 3 games extra, he would of ended up with an additional 3.21 points. 3 additional points would have made him tied for second in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. So the stats don't prove Iggy is better, they say Naslund is a much better player than Iginla. xd

Alright, now Kiprusoff. No defence!? Hahahaha. Dude you SERIOUSLY need to check your stats. Your out of your league now. Personelly I think Aki Berg (Toronto), Toni Lydman (Flames), Janne Niinimaa (Islanders), Sami Salo (Canucks), Teppo Numminen (Dallas) and Kimmo Timonen (Nashville) are good defense. As for you saying I shouldn't mess with you because you know football, you should really not mess with me because I know hockey. Hockey IS my game, though football isn't the Lions are still a way better team than the Stampeders. 3nodding

Also I never said they sucked, I just said they aren't what they were before.
Well sure did get quiet in here fast. sweatdrop
Finally, I have read all 12 pages and was very confused with what you were all saying for the first part because I didn't realize it was like July 5 and before the tentative agreement. And there's just 2 things that I'm confused about.

#1: If Toronto is one of the biggest spending teams in the league and would always spend to fix their mistakes, then how could they possibly do well now that there's a cap? I don't know if was for this year or last year but I saw on TSN that Sundin was getting like 6million alone (ripoff) and like 2 others were getting about 5 million a piece. That's 16million gone on only 3 players. I might be missing something major or gotten some facts wrong but it just seems wierd that a high spending team could adapt so quickly to a cap. And it seems that Toronto fans are coming back as bad as ever. I'm afraid to answer the phone and just hear someone scream "go leafs go" into my ear. And don't say they wouldn't do it.

#2 One of the cities you said would be a good place for Crosby is Nashville, Jasper, because they have Tootoo and Weber and such. I might be misinformed but Nashville seems like such a bad team; do they appear to be getting better soon? I havn't heard anything about them getting Weber but I'll take your word for it considering you're right when it comes to things like this. But for Tootoo, I have heard very little about him recently. He was huge in the World Juniors in Halifax a few years ago when they lost to Russia and then they had a documentary about him and his brother on the CBC a little while ago but since then I havn't heard anything about him. I could see Crosby being successful with Tootoo and Weber but they would need a little more. But I would love to see him in Vancouver and detest to see him in any of the cities Jasper listed several pages back (plus Toronto because they suck by definition) that he wouldn't like to see him go.
Weber signed with Nashville last season. But because of the lock out he had to remain in Kelowna. They never said how much he earned from the contract but he bought a Lincoln Navigator with the signing bonus. 3nodding

As for Tootoo he is still with Nashville, he was playing fourth line with Upshall the last season. 3nodding Their future is very bright, hense why I said if he wants Stanley Cups in the future then he might want to go to Nashville considering they have stocked up quite nicely recently. 3nodding

Toronto is just a disaster, I don't even want to touch on that. sweatdrop

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=2106450

As much as I bash and bash on ESPN, I keep going back, and I don't know why... sweatdrop This article's pretty nice though. A lot of speculation, but it covers all 30 teams.

This stands out...

Quote:
Detroit Red Wings

16 players under contract totaling $38.2 million

I think there's gonna be some troubles in Hockeytown. rofl
ERRORCode2002
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=2106450

As much as I bash and bash on ESPN, I keep going back, and I don't know why... sweatdrop This article's pretty nice though. A lot of speculation, but it covers all 30 teams.

This stands out...

Quote:
Detroit Red Wings

16 players under contract totaling $38.2 million

I think there's gonna be some troubles in Hockeytown. rofl

Detroit was in trouble a long time ago. New York will be in trouble too now. They can't buy their players anymore. xd
nabokovfan4ever
Linkin Park316
nabokovfan4ever
Linkin Park316
Jasperoni

Wouldn't know, not much Basketball up here. xd

I could care less about basketball

Why can't we do atleast floor hokey for PE?
We're always doing basketball
I hate the game with a passion.i don't even class it as a sport because its always forced down my throat mad

Ha join the club. That's all we pretty much played in PE at my school-basketball. Because that was my ex-coach's favorite sport. We did play floor hockey for two or three weeks(PE every other day though).

For the hell of it:
We did DANCE basketball CURLING but no hockey.we even did lacrosse which wasnt bad but it still sucked

We did dance too. sweatdrop I failed that part of PE.

Nabokov:Your not the only one blaugh

Jas
Consider yourself lucky
I had a hockey class,and I was the "good" goalie(Which I was.Way better than any other that tried) and I was always against the ego-puck hog,when i saved it he smashed his stick,when he missed he did the same,when he scored he rubbed it my face,when I got pissed-cage rage
Linkin Park316
nabokovfan4ever
Linkin Park316
nabokovfan4ever
Linkin Park316
Jasperoni

Wouldn't know, not much Basketball up here. xd

I could care less about basketball

Why can't we do atleast floor hokey for PE?
We're always doing basketball
I hate the game with a passion.i don't even class it as a sport because its always forced down my throat mad

Ha join the club. That's all we pretty much played in PE at my school-basketball. Because that was my ex-coach's favorite sport. We did play floor hockey for two or three weeks(PE every other day though).

For the hell of it:
We did DANCE basketball CURLING but no hockey.we even did lacrosse which wasnt bad but it still sucked

We did dance too. sweatdrop I failed that part of PE.

Nabokov:Your not the only one blaugh

Jas
Consider yourself lucky
I had a hockey class,and I was the "good" goalie(Which I was.Way better than any other that tried) and I was always against the ego-puck hog,when i saved it he smashed his stick,when he missed he did the same,when he scored he rubbed it my face,when I got pissed-cage rage

I had the same thing happen to me. This one guy(a puck hog) when he missed would throw his stick at me. I'm not kidding either. He'd always do that but I'd duck and he'd miss.
Yah, well theres alot of horrible players with attitudes that match. If they rub it in your face just make them look horrible, and if you can't then just drop the gloves. Works for me.
Thats pretty bad though, throwing a stick at a girl.. sweatdrop
Jasperoni
Thats pretty bad though, throwing a stick at a girl.. sweatdrop

Yeah it is but he's always teasing me. Hugging me all the time(I'm not exactly a touchy-touchy type of person with some people) or poking fun of me, play fighting with me. Just that type of stuff. So I guess I was kind of expecting him to have a temper when he lost to me in floor hockey(more then several times).
You guys have some crazy gym classes. First of all, I have never ever done dance for gym and I've taken gym for 11 years. And I know how you all feel about basketball. It constantly gets played in gym and people don't seem to realize that a sport like that can be dominated by one really good player in a gym class. My gym classes hardly ever play any hockey and when we do we use a bean bag as the puck and that just doesn't work for me. But I guess my gym classes may seem wierd. Last year we played dodgeball pretty much every day for at least half an hour and I didn't even get tired of it. I would like to play more hockey but its co-ed so most of the girls don't want to play any hockey. Maybe next year.
canadianguy
You guys have some crazy gym classes. First of all, I have never ever done dance for gym and I've taken gym for 11 years. And I know how you all feel about basketball. It constantly gets played in gym and people don't seem to realize that a sport like that can be dominated by one really good player in a gym class. My gym classes hardly ever play any hockey and when we do we use a bean bag as the puck and that just doesn't work for me. But I guess my gym classes may seem wierd. Last year we played dodgeball pretty much every day for at least half an hour and I didn't even get tired of it. I would like to play more hockey but its co-ed so most of the girls don't want to play any hockey. Maybe next year.

Dodgeball is fun. 3nodding But if you have to play with a bean bag you should just bring one of your road hockey pucks to class everyday and then when you do play it tell the teacher you have a more suitable hockey puck. Or even one of those orange hockey balls if your playing floor hockey. Just store it away in your locker or even in your back pack and just use it when your playing hockey. That or you and your friends could pitch in a quarter each or however much and buy one for the school. 3nodding
This is what I like to hear.

Don Cherry
Don Cherry anxious to return to Hockey Night In Canada says CBC

TORONTO (CP) - Grapes will return to HNIC.

Don Cherry will be back in Coach's Corner alongside partner Ron MacLean once the agreement between the National Hockey League and its players is ratified, CBC-TV reported Friday.

"Is it October yet?" Cherry has been quoted as asking. "I've been chomping at the bit, waiting for hockey's return. I've got a whole new closet of suits I need to show off."

The broadcaster says more details of the coming season of Hockey Night in Canada will be shared as soon as ratification takes place.

Link.

I am sure looking forward to what amazing suits he has lined up for this next season. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff