Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Hello, I've been looking into Martial Arts for a couple months. I've yet to decide upon which one I would like to take up, mostly because I've not yet found one that really... fit me. The purpose of this thread is to see if anyone who is more knowledge able about the various styles and forms might be able to suggest one I haven't already looked into.

To start, I've already looked at the normal ones or should I say the most prolific ones.

Now, onto what I'm looking for.

Power over, direct. Always hard hitting. Strong defensively. Preferably a non-grappling style.

If you need anything more please ask me. Though I might not know what you're talking about.

Friendly Businesswoman

Taekwondo is good for what you described, just remember to wear a cup. x.x;

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I Am Candice

I gave it a once over but I'll look at it again. I think we have a couple places around that teach it. If you know any others please don't hesitate to let me know.

Friendly Businesswoman

Knight of Disorder
I Am Candice

I gave it a once over but I'll look at it again. I think we have a couple places around that teach it. If you know any others please don't hesitate to let me know.

It's the only one I've done, so that's all I can really tell you about.

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I Am Candice
Knight of Disorder
I Am Candice

It's the only one I've done, so that's all I can really tell you about.

Well, thanks anyway.

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
samuraiwarrior101
How about kung-fu?

Kung-fu, is a very broad term. It encompasses many Traditional fighting styles and arts from China. I'm sure there is more then likely a family of sect of Kung-fu that would probably fit me but there is a great number of them to sift through.

Desirable Bloodsucker

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
You should try Taekwondo, or Karate. smile
Tai Chi---
Kung Fu

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
CampaBella
Tai Chi---
Kung Fu

See post above about Kung-fu.
I'd say mma, it's the most practical nowadays if you actually plan to use anything you've learned.

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Blufishh
I'd say mma, it's the most practical nowadays if you actually plan to use anything you've learned.

MMA is not a style or form of martial arts. It is the practice of using several, previously learned, martial arts in combat. While there are schools that do teach MMA, they are simply teaching you a combined form that doesn't carry with it the training that you receive from participating in each style individually.
Knight of Disorder
Blufishh

MMA is not a style or form of martial arts. It is the practice of using several, previously learned, martial arts in combat. While there are schools that do teach MMA, they are simply teaching you a combined form that doesn't carry with it the training that you receive from participating in each style individually.
Just saying, but if you want to limit yourself, meh I guess.

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Blufishh
Knight of Disorder
Blufishh

Just saying, but if you want to limit yourself, meh I guess.

I'm not limiting myself, I'm trying to find something that doesn't use grappling as a main weapon. Pinning a guy to the ground is crap. If you get in a real fight, that don't mean s**t. Sorry. I hate things like that and that makes up most of MMA. Please read the first post.
Knight of Disorder
Just for arguments sake, you ever been in a real fight? All the fights I've been in involved grabbing at some point, same with all the fights I've seen except the knockouts. MMA has the most practical real world use if that's your argument. People against it I'm guessing never really gave it a chance striking is a just a big part of it as grappling/bjj is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff