BJJ

Karate 0.2 20.0% [ 4 ]
Tae Kwon Doe 0.15 15.0% [ 3 ]
muy thai 0.25 25.0% [ 5 ]
Judo 0.3 30.0% [ 6 ]
hopkido 0.1 10.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]
1 2 3 >

I wanna hear everyones thoughts on BJJ vs any other Martial arts and what you feel; makes BJJ or whatever other style superior or have the upper hand smile

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

The practitioner makes a martial art superior.

OG Puppy

15,825 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Moira 200
If your talking about effectiveness inside a ring or on the octagon then BBJ is one of the best but if ur asking about real life fighting then the best one to learn is either Judo or Krav maga. Judo is effective because the ground is not soft its Asphalt/Cement. While Krav maga is considered the most brutal and dirtiest self defense martial arts used by the Israeli
doesnt matter what style. its all tailored to the person and how he uses it
sambo is the best it can go one on one with bjj and the russian military uses it.

. Utilized and developed for the military, Combat Sambo resembles modern mixed martial arts, including extensive forms of striking and grappling. Combat Sambo allows punches, kicks, elbows, knees, headbutts and groin strikes.It has everything judo, wrestling.
Sambo or more knowen for legs locks if they catch you with a leg locks its all over.

sambo is the best just ask fedor emelianenko he used it he has the longest mma undefeated streak in mma history.Going undefeated for 11 years.

the word "SAMBO" is an acronym for SAMozashchita Bez Oruzhiya, which literally translates as "self-defense without weapons". Sambo is relatively modern since its development began in the early 1920s by the Soviet Red Army to improve their hand-to-hand combat abilities.[1] Intended to be a merger of the most effective techniques of other martial arts, Sambo has roots in Japanese judo, international styles of wrestling, plus traditional folk styles of wrestling such as: Kazakh Kures, Georgian Chidaoba, Tatar Köräş, Uzbek Kurash, Mongolian Khapsagay, Azerbaijani Gulesh, Armenian Kokh and Romanian Trîntǎ..
Kyochiro -PH
If your talking about effectiveness inside a ring or on the octagon then BBJ is one of the best but if ur asking about real life fighting then the best one to learn is either Judo or Krav maga. Judo is effective because the ground is not soft its Asphalt/Cement. While Krav maga is considered the most brutal and dirtiest self defense martial arts used by the Israeli
Nah sambo is better and its more effective .I seen the KRAV MAGA TECHNIQUES I think its wack.
sgtflores2008
I wanna hear everyones thoughts on BJJ vs any other Martial arts and what you feel; makes BJJ or whatever other style superior or have the upper hand smile
Sambo is the best .

OG Puppy

15,825 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Moira 200
Yall Some Ugly hoes
Kyochiro -PH
Nah sambo is better and its more effective .I seen the KRAV MAGA TECHNIQUES I think its wack.

Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks. It is considered to be the best for street fighting due to this fact by martial arts expert.

Sambo is a variant of Judo and wrestling and is effective too at the streets. I have not seen a real life application of it so i can comment about this martial arts. Sports sambo is the only one that i had seen.
Kyochiro -PH
Yall Some Ugly hoes
Kyochiro -PH

Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks. It is considered to be the best for street fighting due to this fact by martial arts expert.

Sambo is a variant of Judo and wrestling and is effective too at the streets. I have not seen a real life application of it so i can comment about this martial arts. Sports sambo is the only one that i had seen.
Your that your opinion just ask the russian military if it works.

OG Puppy

15,825 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Moira 200
Its not an opinion since like i said its is considered the best by Martial Arts Experts. Their opinion matters that ours.
From my understanding the particular style that you mention (kapuaida, sorry bad spelling) has recently become much more popular; I would have to say the origins are deeply influenced with community growth and activities, the people whom practice it are very strong, strong willed, and community figures. The roots in music make it a very hard and difficult style to top or beat.
sgtflores2008

It depends on experience, rank, ruleset and the people fighting. Each style has merit and some pros and cons.

BJJ has good in depth grappling and because you test it in competitions you get to make sure what you know has been pressure tested and works against a fully resting opponent. Most BJJ guys at least have a basic understanding of takedowns.

Its all about what the rules are being used. The average person doesn't end up in most physical confrontations and if you don't walk around the city at 2am you probably wont either. So why stress over whats best and just find what you enjoy?

Yall Some Ugly hoes

The fact the military teaches it doesn't make it "the best" that just means its easy to teach to large numbers quickly. Most military combatives are pretty basic and simple because in current times if you are in melee without your weapons chances are something has gone very very wrong. Gun retention is really the most important part of martial arts for the military imo.
Raleigh_Ronin
sgtflores2008

It depends on experience, rank, ruleset and the people fighting. Each style has merit and some pros and cons.

BJJ has good in depth grappling and because you test it in competitions you get to make sure what you know has been pressure tested and works against a fully resting opponent. Most BJJ guys at least have a basic understanding of takedowns.

Its all about what the rules are being used. The average person doesn't end up in most physical confrontations and if you don't walk around the city at 2am you probably wont either. So why stress over whats best and just find what you enjoy?

Yall Some Ugly hoes

The fact the military teaches it doesn't make it "the best" that just means its easy to teach to large numbers quickly. Most military combatives are pretty basic and simple because in current times if you are in melee without your weapons chances are something has gone very very wrong. Gun retention is really the most important part of martial arts for the military imo.
What dont you understand sambo teaches everything striking,take downs.Way more better bjj.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff