Welcome to Gaia! ::

Football is BACK!! The regular season launches tomorrow night, and I am ready to see some good games.
So...as I did last season, I am going to place my picks for winners and losers during the season. Here's the first weeks match ups. Some games should be good, others should be flat out ugly.

Ravens @ Broncos: The Bronco's defense isn't going to be as good as it was. Neither is the Ravens offense. But, believe it or not, the offense of the Bronco's got better, while the defense of the Ravens did. When they lost Anquan Boldin, that hurt, but Boldin made the difference last year, and, without him, I don't see the Ravens winning this, especially in Denver. Bronco's take it, much as it galls me to say.

Falcons @ Saints: Two high powered offenses going toe to toe with two suckass defenses. But the Falcons are notorious for playing like s**t in the Superdome, and Meachem just signed with the Saints after a one year vacation in San Diego. Saints take it in a shoot out.

Bears @ Bengals: Cutler is improving, but it's early, and the Bengals have a solid Defense, one that can rival the mighty Bears. Urlacher lost a step, now they have it back. I expect a defensive battle in this one, and have to go with...the Bears since it is at home. (This is going to be a good one though. It could go either way, and only homefield gives it to the Bears.)

Dolphins @ Browns: Tannehill isn't as good as many think...but Wheedon is worse. I think the Dolphins pick up their first win of the season on this one.

Bucs @ Jets: Turnovers from the Jets are the deciding factor between these two squads of clowns. Bucs win an ugly game. But it should have some good laughs.

Patriots @ Bills: Does anyone think Buffalo can win this? Brady has a history of taking no name receivers and tight ends and turning them into pro-bowlers. I think he continues that trend this season. Patriots are going to hold a seminar on the poor Bills. A route.

Titans @ Steelers: steelers have an aging defense, and an offene full of holes, but the Titans only have Johnson. Steelers have what it takes to win this.

Vikings @ Lions: AP begins his run at the record again, and has a fine game. Unfortunately, Ponder is his QB, and while he stands in the backfield pondering which receiver to throw the ball to, he's going to rack up sacks. The Lions D is just too good. Jared Allen is going to become closely known to Stafford, but Stafford also has Megatron. Megatron cancels Purple Jesus. Lions win it.

Raiders @ Colts: I believe it is going to be between the Jets and Raiders for first pick in the upcoming draft, they are that bad. Pryor has usurped Flynn as the QB, but he has no weapons to fall back on. Colts should have a fairly easy day of it.

Seahawks @ Panthers: The Panthers have a good defense, and Cam and Steve. The Seahawks are loaded on both sides of the ball, and that is too much for the Panthers to overcome. Not only do I expect the Panthers to lose, I expect Riviera to be job hunting before the season is out. Of course, I expect the same of Rex Ryan.

Chiefs @ Jags: Andy Reid and Alex Smith...against Blaine Gabbert? The Jags have MJD, but he, alone, is not enough to stop a Chiefs who have a good D and a new and improved Offense. Chiefs should feel like this is a scrimmage.

Cards @ Rams: Two good Defenses going at it. Two mediocre offenses. I have to pick the Rams. Palmer has shown nothing in the last few years.

Packers @ Niners: The Pack can't stop the read option. The Niners can stop just about anyone they choose, and they are at home? Niners take this one.

Giants @ Cowboys: This should be good, if ugly. I pick the Giants solely because Eli is a clutch QB, and Romo is not.

Eagles @ Redskins: I should catch flack over this pick, but the Redskins win. While Vick will play well, in the fourth quarter I expect a fumble and/or an interception from him. He has that ability.

Texans @ Chargers: Anyone picking the Chargers? Didn't think so. Rivers will cry one by the end of this. Houston is going to go into their house and wreck it.

And thus, those are my week one predictions. We'll know Monday Night how well I did.

Greedy Winner

Broncos
Saints
Bears
Dolphins
Buccaneers
Pats
Steelers
Vikings
Colts
Seahawks
Chiefs
Cardinals
Packers
Cowboys
Eagles
Texans

Ravens @ Broncos: I was a little late on this one. I would have picked Denver in a close one, but did not expect Manning to light up the scoreboard with 7 TD passes!

Falcons @ Saints: With Sean Peyton back as Head coach, I think the Saints will not only win this game, but will reclaim the division.
WINNER: SAINTS

Bears @ Bengals: I believe this is the year of the Bengals, after the Ravens fell to Denver, Cincy can set the tempo of the season with a win at home.
WINNER: BENGALS

Dolphins @ Browns: Dolphins have what it takes to contend for a wildcard this year. And while the Browns look to improve on Offense with Norv Turner running the offense, I'll believe it when I see it.
WINNER: DOLPHINS

Bucs @ Jets: Geno isn't ready to be a starter, I don't have faith in the Bucs, but believe they can start their season with a win.
WINNER: BUCCANEERS

Patriots @ Bills: The question in the AFC East isn't who will win the division, but who will be dead last, Buffalo or NY Jets. It will be a long day for new QB E.J. Manuel.
WINNER: PATRIOTS

Titans @ Steelers: Tough call, I think this game can go either way, so I'll give it to the home team.
WINNER: STEELERS

Vikings @ Lions: A.P. will have another amazing season, but I doubt he will put up the numbers he did last year. Which means Ponders will have to step up his game, and I don't see that happening.
WINNER: LIONS

Raiders @ Colts: Andrew Luck kinda got lost in the mix of new QB's last season with the hype over running QB's like RGIII, Wilson and Kaepernick. Luck will have a field day against a poor Raiders secondary.
WINNER: COLTS

Seahawks @ Panthers: Seahawks are a favorite in the NFC to go to the Superbowl. No better way to start a potential Superbowl run than with a big win on the road.
WINNER: SEAHAWKS

Chiefs @ Jags: The good, the Chiefs should be a shoe in to finish second in their division, the bad, their competition in the West, (Chargers and Raiders) will pretty much put them there by default.
WINNER: CHIEFS

Cards @ Rams: Arians did some amazing things in Indianapolis last season, but can he bring that magic to the dessert? Rams should win this at home.
WINNER: RAMS

Packers @ Niners: Green Bay started last season with a loss to the 49ers, History has a way of repeating itself.
WINNER: 49ERS

Giants @ Cowboys: The Giants are undefeated in the Cowboys new stadium but no better time like the present for Big D to stop this run.
WINNER: COWBOYS

Eagles @ Redskins: RGIII is expected to play, but even if he does he will not be at 100%, fortunately I don't think he needs to be to beat Philly.
WINNER: REDSKINS

Texans @ Chargers: Houston gets off to a good start with a big win over struggling San Diego.
WINNER: TEXANS

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Say what you will about having posted my picks after the games started, but I made these picks before any games started. Just haven't had time to post.

Ravens over Broncos: Good job, right? I know, thanks.

Saints over Falcons: Sean Payton's back and that defense CAN'T be worse, unless of course they make history a second year in a row.

Bengals over Bears: I'm buying the Bengals this season as the best team no one seems to be talking about.

Browns over Dolphins: Pick'em game for me. Browns are at home, so I give 'em the nod I guess.

Buccaneers over Jets: The Bucs look bad, but nowhere near as bad as the Jets. Jets are in the Clowney sweepstakes with the Raiders and maybe the Bills.

Patriots over Bills: Nothing needs to be said about this.

Steelers over Titans: Another pick'em. Call me stupid, but I still believe in Roethlisberger (Wow, I spelled that right!) and Mike Tomlin.

Vikings over Lions: I'm not buying the people saying the Lions will have a better year than the Vikings, even though they can't be as bad as they were last year. A.P. will run all over them.

Colts over Raiders: Nothing needs to be said about this.

Seahawks over Panthers: Maybe this will be Cam's year, but I still won't pick the Panthers over the trendy pick for NFC champion.

Chiefs over Jaguars: The AFC's dark horse sleeper pick against another team in the Clowney sweepstakes who probably wouldn't take him because they're gonna be looking to replace Gabbert.

Rams over Cardinals: ESPN seems to be praising the Cardinals as this dark horse sleeper team. I don't buy it. Remember where Carson Palmer was before he joined the Cardinals? Remember what he did there?

49ers over Packers: Packers may be planning on lighting up Kaepernick, but they're gonna have to catch him to be able to do so.

Giants over Cowboys: Giants will win another home opener.

Washington over Eagles: I'm not just picking against the Eagles because Chip left a bad taste in my mouth (and Oregon's). Their defense is still suspect.

Texans over Chargers: Breaks my heart. But we're looking at another mediocre season.
i'm actually impressed with the saints defense, i think they've improved and harper actually caught an interception for once.
based cod
i'm actually impressed with the saints defense, i think they've improved and harper actually caught an interception for once.

Considering that they were record setting bad last year, literally, and this season they have hired Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator, yeah...they had no where to go but up. Even if they aren't top ten, they don't need to be. They will be a top twenty, and with that offense? The Falcons better dust off their 'second tier' seat cushions again.
Old Blue Collar Joe
based cod

Considering that they were record setting bad last year, literally, and this season they have hired Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator, yeah...they had no where to go but up. Even if they aren't top ten, they don't need to be. They will be a top twenty, and with that offense? The Falcons better dust off their 'second tier' seat cushions again.

exactly. in 2009 their defense was far from elite but it was good enough. that's all i can hope for.
Well, I forgot to post my picks last weekend, but this weekend I am going to do so. ALthough late, I would have picked the Chiefs over the Eagles. I don't trust Vick, and Reid is just a better coach, as well as Smith being a better QB.

Houston over Baltimore. The Ravens are pretty much done for the year. They won the SB, then gutted themselves. They aren't going to repeat.

Giants over Carolina. Riviera is just not a good coach and the front office, other than Cam, has not made any good choices.

Surprise of the week? Bengals over the Packers. The defense of the Bengals is better. While the Pack has the better QB, they don't have the D to win.

Cowboys should take down the Rams. It should be quite the ugly game, too.

Browns will fall to the Vikes. Browns just are woeful this season.

Patriots will defeat the Bucs. Freeman and Co. will find a way to hand the win off yet again!!

Saints will trounce the Cards. Palmer is just a name any longer. And the Saints D has improved enough to pick up the slack.

Titans should beat the Chargers. Sorry. Rivers has one good game doesn't erase the last few years.

Redskins take down the Lions. Without Bush, Detroit returns to a one dimensional team (throw to Megatron). And I expect to see RGIII run more.

Second upset should be the Dolphins taking down the Falcons. Yeah, I said it. The Dolphins D is that much better than Atlanta's.

Bills over the Jets. The Jets just look like hammered s**t.

Why is Jax even going to Seattle? Most of us have the sense not to travel across the country for an a** whipping.

Niners will destroy the Colts. Luck is going to be very flustered.

Bears take down the Steelers. They are more like Reynolds Wrap now.

Raiders travel to Denver for a major beating. Should be ugly. Might even get eight touchdowns this week!!

So, there are my picks for this week. We'll see how I did come Tuesday!
i'm not as worried about the niners as i used to be, and with the saints at home i feel pretty good about when they play each other.
i was surprised the bengals beat the packers, and i'm really happy the dolphins beat the falcons.

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
YOUNG BASED SAINTS.

./being idiotic

Anyway, Dolphins/Saints for MNF. Who wins? I'm always pulling for New Orleans but the Dolphins seem to be playing good this year.
Okay, new week, new picks.
Obviously I missed picking the Thursday night game, but come on. Who expected the Rams to beat the Niners?
Gmen @ Chiefs. Reid and Smith have the Chiefs looking seriously good. The Gmen look horrible. In Arrowhead? Chiefs take it.
Ravens @ Bills: Does anyone pick the Bills? I don't. Even the Ravens can't blow this.
Bengals @ Browns: Normally, this would be an easy pick, but Wheedon isn't playing. If Hoyer keeps his head on straight, it could be a good game. Not good enough to win it, but competitive. Bengals take another.
Bears @ Lions: The Lions are on a path to self destruction this season, while the Bears are playing like a legitimate team. Bears shouldn't have much trouble with it.
Cards @ Bucs: Cards should not have much trouble here. Glennons first start in the NFL will not be fun for him.
Colts @ Jags: Anyone picking the Jags? Oh. Let me rephrase that. Anyone that is SOBER pick the Jags?
Seahawks @ Texans: The Seahawks are playing great ball. The Texans are playing, but seem to be holding back. Even on the road I don't think Seattle drops this one.
Steelers @ Vikings...in the UK??? Yeah...that's a bit of a drive for a home game. Still...the Steelers haven't looked good at all this season. Vikes haven't either, but I think they have a better team (Read AP). I think the Vikes take it.
Jets @ Titans: I really believe that the Jets are imploding. The circus is no longer fun and the clowns are revolting. Titans are going to have to really play bad to lose this. The Bucs had to gift wrap the game for the Jets.
Redskins @ Raiders: Flynn won't have the same arsenal as he had the one game he looked great in. He has the Raiders, and the Skins have way more weaponry available. Skins should take this.
Eagles @ Broncos: Vick chokes worse than Manning under pressure. At least Manning waits until post season to start doing it. The Bronco's D is going to cause a massive amount of turnovers, and Denver remains unscathed.
Cowboys @ Chargers: Yeah, the Chargers looked good. ONE WEEK. Sorry, gotta go with their track record. I think Dallas is a better team, and Romo is a better QB.
Patriots @ Falcons: I am a Pats fan. There, I said it. Now, if Gronk and Amendola were back, I'd pick my Pats. But without them? Brady can only do so much. Ryan has too much at his disposal. Falcons take it. God I hope I am wrong on this one.
Dolphins @ Saints: First point: The Saints D is still bad. But it is not bad enough to cost them a win. I don't think the Dolphins D can stop Brees all day long, and that is what Tannehill is going to have to have happen to win this. He cannot trade TD's with Brees, because Brees will eat you alive five yards at a time, then the bomb.
Saints being at home makes it worse.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dolphins @ Saints: First point: The Saints D is still bad. But it is not bad enough to cost them a win. I don't think the Dolphins D can stop Brees all day long, and that is what Tannehill is going to have to have happen to win this. He cannot trade TD's with Brees, because Brees will eat you alive five yards at a time, then the bomb.

How can you say the Saints D is bad? They've allowed the 4th fewest yards in the league, they've held all their opponents to no more than 17 points so far, they've had very few missed tackles, and Vaccaro is a beast. You could argue that their opponents so far have all been weak offensively but that only means we don't know how good their defense really is yet, not that it's bad.
nig stole my bike again
Old Blue Collar Joe

How can you say the Saints D is bad? They've allowed the 4th fewest yards in the league, they've held all their opponents to no more than 17 points so far, they've had very few missed tackles, and Vaccaro is a beast. You could argue that their opponents so far have all been weak offensively but that only means we don't know how good their defense really is yet, not that it's bad.

Wait until later. Ryan never finishea strong.
Old Blue Collar Joe
nig stole my bike again
Old Blue Collar Joe

Wait until later. Ryan never finishea strong.

So you don't actually have any evidence to support your claim that the Saints defense is bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff