Welcome to Gaia! ::

Out of 100+ randomly selected TrialPay offers, only 8 work. Any way you look at it, that's unacceptable and makes me question this company's competence. I know people hate the preponderance of shopping offers, but this just shows that we have very few actual offers, period. My other feedback on this new system has been mixed to positive, but this is starting to outweigh that, especially since I have gift-giving occasions coming up and wanted to combine that with helping Gaia. (Not to mention the fact that they gave me only 800 GC for an offer that was listed at 1000 GC. Still resolving that with customer service.)

EDIT: The issue with how much the offer was worth seems to have been settled, though I don't know what's going to happen with that offer moving forward since the advertised reward here is still the same. I also got the offers-not-working problem to disappear once by not accessing anything for 48 hours. It doesn't appear to resolve the problem for good, though, and it looks like 48 random hours aren't enough. It probably requires two calendar days, US time (Eastern time seems to work). This, not to put too fine of a point on it, is bullshit.
To Gaia, a love letter

Dear Gaia,

I am so sorry that you have turned into such a stronghold of whiny brats. I am still used to there not being any way to get donation items or anything like that without giving you actual money, so people had to shell out or shut up. I got my first job in high school--before I had a bank account or a credit card--so that I could donate; I remember trekking to the post office every month with an envelope of cash so I could buy a money order and mail it to you. That's how old-school it was, and fortunately, none of those envelopes (totaling probably $1000-2000 over two years?) ever got lost in the mail. So please, go with whichever sponsors are able to best ensure your long-term existence, and ignore the people who think they are entitled to as much free Cash as they want.

(To such people, I just want to say: Please remember that sponsors need to make money too in order to continue existing. I've read a lot about how much people liked Blue Noodle's generous free videos and how sad/angry they were when that company went into bankruptcy. Well, what exactly did you expect to happen if Blue Noodle was that generous? Either you provide money in return for what sponsors give you by buying/subscribing to things, giving opinions that can help companies sell products, being a target for advertising, or by providing personal information that can be bought and sold as a commodity. If you do not do anything like that, the system breaks down. There are no free lunches.)

Personally, I've discovered that I really like TrialPay's shopping offers because they pay out with extreme reliability, are for decent amounts, and include things that my boyfriend and I, even though we are poor grad students with shitloads of student loans, have to get anyway (compared to complete luxuries like donating directly to you). We still have to buy birthday and holiday gifts, still have to go out on dates, still need things like printer ink and cookware. (It really beats grubbing around for the free offers, since we probably have much less free time than the average teenager.) However, my problem is with this cap that was described in the previous post. It turns out that it's not a glitch, it's built into the software so that you cannot fulfill (they said access, but I've only encountered trouble after fulfillment) offers too quickly, probably to avoid fraud. Today, I signed up for one website around 1am, signed up for another website around 3:30am, watched 5 videos around 1pm, and bought one of the local deals around 2pm. At 3pm, I tried to access another offer. It failed. At 5:30pm, I tried again. Also failed. Locked out for two days (along with the rest of today) again. Two days during which you, Gaia, are not getting the benefit of the money that I would have spent if I had been able. If that was too high of a volume... words fail me.

Please consider the fact that in my case, and perhaps with others like me, the amount of money generated for you during this trial period is lower than it could have been, when you are trying to decide what to do, moving forward. I think it might be nice to have TrialPay alongside all of the other providers, as some have suggested. Or, as long as I could complete as many offers as I wanted, I would not mind if the Cash I've earned were put into some sort of holding account I could see, for perhaps a week, before the Cash was actually released to me, in order to show that I am not committing fraud.

I want to help you, Gaia. Please let me do so.
Today:
2am - bought local deal
1pm - watched videos, tried a survey (that of course I didn't qualify for)
5pm - tried to access another local deal but LOCKED OUT AGAIN

I am just going to start chronicling the ridiculousness of this access issue for the rest of the trial period.

EDIT: A "limited-time" video offer? No. Just no.
Today:
1am - bought local deal
2am - watched videos
1pm - bought local deal

Okay, so half a day is sufficient to not trigger the lockout. I'm making progress! My next attempt: 10 or 11pm.

EDIT:
10:30pm - ... what the ********?!
User Image
Sorry for stretching the page.

EDIT #2:
1am the next day - This is also a problem:
User Image
Everything is still blank.

Profitable Businessman

your not the only one its blank for me too i need it so i can do more offers. even made a mule to see if it was just my account but wasnt.

i also wanna know why offerpal was tooken down from the old system they had some the best offers imo.
There Is No Competition
your not the only one its blank for me too i need it so i can do more offers. even made a mule to see if it was just my account but wasnt.

i also wanna know why offerpal was tooken down from the old system they had some the best offers imo.

I really wish TrialPay would say something if they were down for maintenance again. Or that Gaia would say something if they or TrialPay had decided to end their business relationship. It was at a random time of day, too!

Profitable Businessman

Razareil
There Is No Competition

I really wish TrialPay would say something if they were down for maintenance again. Or that Gaia would say something if they or TrialPay had decided to end their business relationship. It was at a random time of day, too!

they did say they would run it for about 3 months or so but if there not going to keep it running any longer they need to do something about it.
I've had the same exact problems as you have (not connecting, then not showing up) and as of an hour ago, they're all loading and connecting for me. 3nodding If they're going to grant the Gcash is what I don't know.
Aerogia
I've had the same exact problems as you have (not connecting, then not showing up) and as of an hour ago, they're all loading and connecting for me. 3nodding If they're going to grant the Gcash is what I don't know.

Thanks for the heads-up! Actually getting the GC has not been a problem with this provider, at least for me.
Yesterday:
11:30pm - watched videos, signed up for a website

Today:
2am - watched videos
2:30pm - tried to access a shopping site but LOCKED OUT AGAIN
most of the offers on here have viruses and generally scam users

if you want gaia cash buy it at the store or use a pre paid visa card
CARL0S-X4
most of the offers on here have viruses and generally scam users

if you want gaia cash buy it at the store or use a pre paid visa card

Oh, I agree, but TrialPay, unusually, has had a lot of offers from sites that I'd previously known to be reputable, and the interesting ones I hadn't heard of before have checked out when I looked into them. (I'm pretty sure I've also run into TrialPay in the past--years ago--though I never did any shopping offers at that time.)
Today:
2:30am - bought local deal
3:30am - watched videos
2:30pm - tried to access a shopping site but LOCKED OUT AGAIN
Today:
2am - bought local deal
1:30pm - accessed shopping site but ran into a browser error (for once) that wouldn't let me buy anything, signed up for website
4pm - tried to access that shopping site again (after restarting browser) but LOCKED OUT, was still able to sign up for website and watch video

I discovered by accident that 1 calendar day of no access attempts may be sufficient to reset the system.
Today:
2:30am
4am
5:30am
6:30am - repeatedly was able to access the shopping site that I had browser issues with before (it really dislikes Chrome, apparently) and was finally able to make a purchase (with IE gonk ) on the last try
3pm - tried to access local deal but LOCKED OUT

1 calendar day does appear to be enough, now. And the mandatory space of time that you have to wait to avoid triggering the lockout is probably based on when the GC credits to your account, not when you actually complete the offer. (This shopping site was one of those that takes a while to credit.) I didn't note the time of the PM letting me know the offer had credited, stupid me, but it was at least 1.5-2 hours ago (before I logged in this afternoon).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff